PDA

View Full Version : Thx 1138

lovehurts
04-20-2006, 02:45 PM
A. Have you seen it?
B. How did you interpete it?
C.Did you enjoy the movie?

Yes, some one asked me about it and this is how I interpetted the film.

My summary of it is that there is an underground world where humans live as beings without any lust without any personal gain or desires to give into because if they do lust for women or men or search for happiness it is some sort of crime or punishible act. So they are made to be just living organisms like part of some sort of bee hive and they all work together just to live as what seems to be perfect beings. Just living but with nothing to sin for or to take for greed or lust or personall gain. Their only purpose in life is to build robotic officers, non humans who take control of the humans who "infect" the hive or tempt others in the hive or group to be more human and less perfect individuals.They dont want anyone or antyhing to influence the humans to be more...humane.

So the film reflects on humans not allowed to be humans but living as like perfect beings with a strict code in some sort of hive or group . A sinless and almost lifeless community.If they act out they are secluded from there personal space into a room to stay in and not to make any robots to mainatin order and balance to there society but there being out of society maintains a more originsted balance because it is minus their personal disturbance to the society or" hive"as I like to call it.

So they have a socitey like ours but it is geniusously dumby downed into a much more simplistic balance. Humans live perfectly because thats all they do they live in a society where it is normal and if they break the code of conduct have sex or what not other humans in the society or "hive" as I like to call it punish them. They cant punish them though so they make machines or robo-cops that take the violators of the scoieties code to be judged wether or not they are allowed to stay with the others in the open hive or society if not they are contained to a smaller and seculded room. They scan humans and such for any defections to see if they are perfect or not. If you have sex it shows in liver scanns and such and it shows that the body isnt completely pure ecte ect so it is a violation to do that because it shows lust in demonstrtaion and not a perfect human without any sin. In this film they talk to picture of jesus which thery talk abiout sins too. This society like ours has religion but it is strong in this society , but if you look at theere society to ours in ratio comparrison you can see a resembalance.So A few indiviudals try to excape this screwed up society....and I wont spoil it from there.

There is one scene where a man ejaculates using a machine and woman hologram...that is the scene that my brother and family couldnt handle ....
It is truthgull though take any man and try to denie him of lust of fun and women and he will break and need to vent sexually any way. In this society the venting is artificall by law, doing the act of sexuall intercourse with other human beings is a punishable act .So they make you do it artifically its part of the code for there society. Reproduction is never shown in the movie, I dont know how that works. This movie is very very deep so I cant explain it all. This was just my interreptation of the film. The film is as weird as hell. YOu dont see anything durring the ejaculation scene, just a nude woman holodeck.

I enjoyed it.

fantasyjunkie
04-20-2006, 05:38 PM
I never saw it :(

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-22-2006, 03:24 PM
i've heard of this film but never seen it
if you're looking for a pre-Star Wars George Lucas movie that hits the spot try watching American Graffiti. (THX 1138 license plate on one of the cars)