PDA

View Full Version : i beat omega!

tenhitcombo
04-20-2006, 04:08 PM
it was quite simple really, all i did was use heroes and lionheart and limits,he was so SIMPLE! any1 else here thought he was a breeze?:cool:

Mo-Nercy
04-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Omega Weapon, I think still stands at FFs hardest optional boss behind Penance. But this is only because Omega needs a lot of preparation beforehand. You need to have some Heros, some Holy Wars, a Meltdown (or just Doomtrain) and speed to juggle casting Shell, Protect and Curaga. It's also useful to learn his attack pattern so that you know what's coming next.

You must've done at least SOME of that to have beaten him. So basically you've either gone out and read some article that teaches you how to beat him which isn't really something commendable or you're just lying.

tenhitcombo
04-20-2006, 04:36 PM
hey if they made him in the game to beat...its possible.ok.i didnt need no guide or that crap,
however i did have heroes and inititave equiped and some pheniox pinions.
i used heroes on my weak healthed squall and did around 7 renzokukens and 3 lionhearts, i used ap ammo for irvine and had zell using the heroes.in the end it was simple

Laugh at face of Danger
04-20-2006, 06:08 PM
That's effectively cheating! So's using the end in my view...

You should do it the "i'll pound you one on one!" tecnique like what i did. I had no heroes, no holy wars, i did have doomtrain but didn't use him, didn't use initiative (had auto haste on squall so he could get a good cerberus in though)... and basically pumped everyone up to unleash multiple limits, other than Rinoa who healed!

i feel better doing it that way, to me usuing invicibility items is cheating (unless Rinoa uses Invincible Moon, as that's a game move :p)

Sergeant Hartman
04-20-2006, 07:25 PM
Am i screwed because my team is on level 100 and he uses lvl 5 death?

Laugh at face of Danger
04-20-2006, 08:13 PM
100x death to status def J!

and your immune, that gives you exactky three battle round to prepare for megido flame or some other physical attack

DudeSon2004
04-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Omega Weapon,
Cause of death = DudeSon2004.

Moon Rabbits
04-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Omega Weapon was relatively difficult for me...probably cuz I didn't use a Hero (? dunno what those are) or Holy War...or The End (I've never seen that with 7 or 8 play throughs...not once). I had around level 70 - 90 characters, lot's of status/element junctions, and high spr/hp ratings...All I remember is that Medigo Flame was annoying as hell.

:\ Aura, Meltdown, and status buffs saved my life.

*~Angel Wing~*
04-21-2006, 12:08 AM
I came really close to beating it one time. Squall used Lionheart like 4 times, Rinoa used Wishing Star 2 times, and we used Cactuar a few times and Eden once or twice. BUT IT KILLED ME!!! :kaocry: :mad:

Sergeant Hartman
04-21-2006, 10:19 AM
100x death to status def J!

and your immune, that gives you exactky three battle round to prepare for megido flame or some other physical attack
Cheers, i just wasn't too sure about it.

Mo-Nercy
04-21-2006, 04:25 PM
I hate people who say it's "cheating" if I use Heroes or Holy Wars in FF8. If such items exist in the game, then why not use them? Damn weirdos.

*~Angel Wing~*
04-21-2006, 08:48 PM
I hate people who say it's "cheating" if I use Heroes or Holy Wars in FF8. If such items exist in the game, then why not use them? Damn weirdos.
I agree with you. :up: I think the only way you can actually cheat in a video game is if you use like a code or something to get around a level or boss. *cough* GameShark *cough* :D

lord shishio
04-21-2006, 09:01 PM
After I beat ultima, i got lazy. so I actually never tried him.

Mikeneko Rocker -- Tim
04-22-2006, 04:47 AM
... (or just Doomtrain)

Yes, summoning Doomtrain does bring upon Meltdown, just please remember that it also brings +9999 HP to Omega Weapon -- after all, Poison is both Status and Element.

Zeromus_X
04-22-2006, 04:55 AM
It's more satisfying to beat him without Heroes, but good job nonetheless.:cat: :)

tenhitcombo
04-22-2006, 06:52 AM
yer i tried without heroes and it turns the game into luck.
you use invincible moon, lion heart,which wasnt really fun at all....
plus i worked hard to get my heroes...i didnt trade in my laguna card.....like someone i kno............

Zeromus_X
04-22-2006, 06:59 AM
It doesn't have so much to do with luck, Omega does have an attack pattern. (The downfall of most optional bosses, it seems.) Although I believe after awhile his attacks become somewhat random.

Just go to this link, and go to the bottom of the page for ShadowHeart's no-Hero Drink strategy. :cat:

http://forums.eyesonff.com/usernote.php?do=viewuser&u=17656

Ultima Shadow
04-22-2006, 12:47 PM
If such items exist in the game, then why not use them?
Because they make you feel cheap? Because they make battles extremely boring?

Atleast, that's why "I" don't use them. It's like winning a marathon because all your opponents broke their legs along the way. Did you win? Yes. Did you feel like a winner? No.