PDA

View Full Version : Sora's Explosion Ability

Rizzice
04-21-2006, 01:45 AM
Is this actually a powerful finishing move over my normal finisher? I just got it, but it doesn't seem to always help.. it takes like 1 second to cast, and a lot of the time I'm just against 1-2 enemies..

Also.. wondering if experience boost is worth the AP too

Skyblade
04-21-2006, 01:51 AM
It has a large AoE, and it deals damage based on your magic stat rather than your strength stat. Just wait until you get Combination Boost, which lets you unleash all your finishing moves with each combo.

Eventually, you'll love Explosion. Against large groups it hurts everyone, and it does great damage to high defense enemies too.

ehsteve
04-21-2006, 02:10 AM
Skyblade is right. Explosion + hoardes of enemies = very very good.

I never used it, because it only works if you're at a critical HP level. Since I have always HATED the "You're gonna die" siren in games, I was careful to never be at critical HP for too long.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-21-2006, 03:51 AM
Explosion is also extremely nice in Olympus, for both Phils Training and the tournaments. get that magic stat up and you can crush a whole round in like, 2 combos.

*~Angel Wing~*
04-21-2006, 09:06 PM
I love explosion...:D

Cruise Control
04-21-2006, 09:11 PM
I killed the 2nd Armored form of the last boss with it.

Dolentrean
04-22-2006, 03:44 AM
I really liked it, expecaly much later in the game.

Tavrobel
04-22-2006, 03:48 AM
Is this actually a powerful finishing move over my normal finisher? I just got it, but it doesn't seem to always help.. it takes like 1 second to cast, and a lot of the time I'm just against 1-2 enemies..

Explosion is one of the best abilities, and it comes in handy when you need it. Crowds, if you need a finisher that hits several times (because of the bosses), Explosion is the BISHI. However, the EXP booster is not worth it, unless you are always blinking RED and about to die.