PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Outbreak Problem

Necron
04-21-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm playing the level 'Hellfire' on Resident Evil Outbreak, and i've just got to the bit where you place the RED JEWEL in the statue bust. But, when I click 'Use' on the RED JEWEL when standing in front of the statue, nothing happens. I have tried moving slightly to see if I wasn't in the right place to place the JEWEL in, but still nothing works. Does anyone know why it won't go in the statue?

Just in case it's important, I'm playing with Cindy and Yoko and Alyssa are my team mates. I've been in every room except the one which you go through AFTER insterting the RED JEWEL. (I've been on this level a loooong time). I doubt this is important, but, my virus gauge is at 78% (eesh), and I've already tried saving it in the Security office (the room where the statue is), and reloading the game. Still no success. :(

Any help would be much appreciated.

Polnareff
04-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Is this the part where there's a statue and then a shelf near it?

If so then you have to push the shelf toward the direction of the statue until you hear a sound and then put the red jewel in the statue.

Necron
04-21-2006, 12:44 PM
Ah, thank you so much, I never realised that you had to push the shelf. Problem solved :)
Thanks again.

^^ Level complete :)

Polnareff
04-21-2006, 12:52 PM
Yeah, Capcom really doesn't give you many hints during the course of this game :P

Necron
04-21-2006, 06:21 PM
I have another question, but I don't wanna make another thread so i'll do it on this. Can you unlock the secret Van Ending on the Outbreak Level WITHOUT being online? I know the answer is probably 'no', I just want to make sure.

Madame Adequate
04-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Got zombie problems?

Call 1-800-555-WE-NUKE

Polnareff
04-21-2006, 08:02 PM
I have another question, but I don't wanna make another thread so i'll do it on this. Can you unlock the secret Van Ending on the Outbreak Level WITHOUT being online? I know the answer is probably 'no', I just want to make sure.

I don't believe you can, but if you can, then I haven't done it yet :P

Necron
04-21-2006, 08:41 PM
Ah, I've just tried it, and yay, you can. It may just be on the European version though, as there isn't online play for this game in Europe, which is a shame. I suppose we do have File 2, which is a small consolation.

Polnareff
04-21-2006, 08:46 PM
Oh.

All this time I thought you lived in the USA. xD

Yeah, the Europeans get shafted a lot when it comes to Capcom games.

If you play the US version, then you miss out on some unlockable stuff if you don't play online. As for me I only played it online twice. It's hard to play it because you can't voice chat, and the way you communicate with your partner, you only get a few predetermined lines to use to talk to your other teammates. Gets annoying fast.

Necron
04-23-2006, 03:30 PM
ok. I have yet another problem. On the level Decisions Decisions, when you're in the second hall after Greg just died, and you've gone back to take the daylight, you're supposed to go back to the second hall and open the door in there, but when I try to open the door, it simply says: There's an unnatural opening in the wall. There must be something more to it.' (or something like that). How on earth do I open this door?

EDIT: ah nevermind, I forgot to release the lock. :P

Polnareff
04-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Did you go behind the desk and check the computer? I think that unlocks the door.

EDIT: XD, I was right.

Xalibar
04-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Whats the secret van ending?

Dreddz
04-23-2006, 04:51 PM
The Secret Van endings is.........The Secret Van Ending :p

Necron
04-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Whats the secret van ending?

It's where after you've watched the cutscene with the bomb and the police officers, you go back to Dorian (Police Van Driver), and speak to him, with the rest of your team.
I'm thinking it might not work on the american version (or any other version that isn't European), because I heard you have to do it online.

Xalibar
04-25-2006, 05:56 AM
what happens in it?

Necron
04-25-2006, 07:43 PM
what happens in it?

Your character just talks about the experience.
Anyway, this topic isn't neccessary anymore, all my problems are solved. :)

Xalibar
04-26-2006, 05:02 PM
If you talking about them driving away in the van, then yes you can get in offline. You just have you make sure that all the characters, including the cpu ones are in the van area. If one of them isn't you can't leave. That ending isn't secret at all.

Necron
04-26-2006, 10:39 PM
If you talking about them driving away in the van, then yes you can get in offline. You just have you make sure that all the characters, including the cpu ones are in the van area. If one of them isn't you can't leave. That ending isn't secret at all.

I've already said in a post above that I have done it now. And yes, it is secret ^^.