PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill Remake

Dreddz
04-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Im pretty chuffed that a remake of the first game is being made. IMO, Silent Hill 1 is vastly superior to the third and forth games. And deserves a remake to show it. I just want to to be released as soon as possible.

Ichimonji
04-21-2006, 04:58 PM
I concur.

DudeSon2004
04-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Not a bad idea, it's only one game after all.
The rest are on PS2 so the graphics will still look good.

Angel Heart
04-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Where did you read that. And what system is it being released on?.

DeathKnight
04-21-2006, 05:24 PM
lies! where's the proof?:irked:

Necronopticous
04-21-2006, 05:26 PM
It's just a rumor.

Lindy
04-21-2006, 05:28 PM
Very heavy rumours of a PSP remake.

Which makes sense, the PSP is mostly ports and remakes anyway.

a nirvana fan
04-21-2006, 07:20 PM
I dont think is true personally but if it did happen, it would be a great joy to play with next gen graphics and gameplay etc.:D

TheAbominatrix
04-21-2006, 07:23 PM
From wiki:

In a recent issue of Fangoria magazine, during an interview with Christophe Gans, it was revealed that Team SILENT are currently planning a remake of the original Silent Hill "for the near future." It will feature the character of Rose in the title role, replacing the original lead, Harry Mason. It is as yet unclear what other elements will be lifted from the Silent Hill feature film for the videogame remake, but it is speculated that some new monsters featured in the film will also be utilized.

The above has been confirmed as just a rumor, and team silent has no plans to remake the game with or without Rose. Some wonder if this rumored Silent Hill remake (which is apparently planned for the PSP) is confused with the future fifth installement of the series.

A recently leaked Konami game schedule for 2006 (courtesy of pspcave.com) suggests that there will be a game titled Silent Hill: Original Sin coming to the PSP on October 18th, 2006. This title will be an actual Silent Hill title, with the style of gameplay for which the series is known for.

This title is NOT to be confused with the already released Silent Hill Experience. However, Silent Hill: Original Sin is rumored to be the remake of the original Silent Hill.

Giga Guess
04-22-2006, 12:45 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

A VIDEO GAME MOVIE VIDEO GAME! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Seriously, if they're gonna port the game, port the game, don't twist it around to fit the movie.

Shiny
04-22-2006, 06:26 AM
Bah, enough of this remake business. Silent Hill 1 is fine the way it is! Besides movie game usually suck. Except Batman Begins that's actually good...and The Punisher movie game was actually better than the movie. I think they should just make Silent Hill 5 which connects the plots of 1/3 and 2/4 and call it a day for now.

dirkdirden
04-22-2006, 07:06 AM
SH 1 is the best one IMO.

They should make a remake of SH and let you play as Piramid Head, or some other monster thata bee a cool twist.

Wuggly Blight
04-22-2006, 12:12 PM
Pyrimid Head wound't be in 1 as he was one of james psyche demons.
Anyway I suppose It'll be good for a remake, not to sure it needed one but there we go.

DudeSon2004
04-22-2006, 01:24 PM
I saw a Silent Hill Collection boxset yesterday,
It has 2, 3 & 4, no sign of the first one though.

Maxico
04-22-2006, 02:21 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

A VIDEO GAME MOVIE VIDEO GAME! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

Seriously, if they're gonna port the game, port the game, don't twist it around to fit the movie.

Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game (http://www.defunctgames.com/pic/reviewpics/reviewstreetfightermoviegame-2.jpg) anyone?

kikimm
04-22-2006, 05:58 PM
I agree with Shiny_Greiver. What reason do they have to remake it? Lame.

But it's just a rumor, so I'm not going to get worked up over it yet.

~SapphireStar~
04-23-2006, 12:04 AM
It has 2, 3 & 4, no sign of the first one though.
Cause its a PS2 boxset and SH1 was for the PS1.

I agree with Shiny_Greiver. What reason do they have to remake it? Lame.
For cash I guess. Theyve done ith with BoF and Legend of Eternia is it? Anyhoo, I wont be getting it because I havent got a PSP anyway.

Erdrick Holmes
04-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game (http://www.defunctgames.com/pic/reviewpics/reviewstreetfightermoviegame-2.jpg) anyone?

How DARE you bring that up!