PDA

View Full Version : Limewire problems

Carl the Llama
04-21-2006, 06:29 PM
Iv just got 8mb bulldog connection on my computer and decided to download some stuff from limewire but for some reason when I click on the progam it loads up fine and everything but it keeps saying that my computer doesnt have an active internet connection which is a load of rubbish as I am still able to talk on msn, it says that it is probly a problem with my firewall but that is not so as I have even tryed turning the firewall off and it still doesnt work, iv tryed reinstalling it iv tryed useing other P2P programs and none of them seem to work. please help me out, thanks in advance

a nirvana fan
04-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Have you clicked on FILE and then CONNECT?

Hawkeye
04-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Don't use Limewire. People get viruses from it like crazy. Use torrents.

a nirvana fan
04-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Don't use Limewire. People get viruses from it like crazy. Use torrents.

Ive used Limewire for months and downloaded 30GB worth of stuff and have had no problems with viruses what so ever, you only get them if you open for example "Final Fantasy VII: AC<ENGLISH>" which could be 10 - 1000KB which obviously means its a virus so if you do get it working DO NOT download really small files unless its a song or something thats meant to be a small file anyway.

crono_logical
04-22-2006, 12:08 AM
You might have turned off the firewall on your machine, but if you've got no open ports on the router forwarded to your PC, you might as well have left the firewall on, hence why it still complains :D

Samuraid
04-22-2006, 01:02 AM
I have never used Limewire, but a number of good sharing programs support uPnP which often automatically handles port configuration on your router for you.

silentenigma
04-22-2006, 02:57 AM
seriously, screw the p2p program things and use a good file search engine.

Yamaneko
04-22-2006, 05:31 AM
uPnP is enabled by default in the options. Maybe you disabled it in options (or maybe you disabled it within your routers config). Either turn it back on, or forward the port manually.

Carl the Llama
04-22-2006, 06:53 PM
thanks for all the replys but i managed to fix the problem: the limewire i was useing was out of date so i dld the new one (4.10.9) and it works fine