PDA

View Full Version : Famous Quotes

Elite Lord Sigma
04-21-2006, 08:29 PM
What are some of your favorite quotes for being witty, funny, or any reason? The only quotes that I won't allow here are quotes from video games, as there is already a thread for that in General Gaming Discussion.

Here are some of mine:

"I get paid for seeing that my clients have every break the law allows. I have knowingly defended a number of guilty men. But the guilty never escape unscathed. My fees are sufficient punishment for anyone."

-F. Lee Bailey, defense attorney

"I've worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty."

-Groucho Marx, Monkey Business

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."

-Groucho Marx

lady yunalesca
04-21-2006, 09:29 PM
the monologue by al pacino in devils advocate when attempting to gain "sympathy for the devil" (sorry couldnt resist ;) )

God's your prankster, my boy.
Think of it. He gives man
instincts. He gives you this
extraordinary gift and then, I
swear to you -- for his own
amusement -- his own private,
cosmic gag reel -- he sets the
rules in opposition. It's the
goof of all time. Look but don't
touch. Touch but don't taste.
Taste but don't swallow. And
while you're jumping from one foot
to the other he's laughing his
sick f£$%ing ass off! He's a
tight-ass. He's a sadist. He's
an absentee landlord!

this isnt my view i will add!! but as far as his character is concerned....its a really good argument!!! ;)

Reine
04-21-2006, 09:43 PM
My favourite non game quote for a while has been in my older sig

"Why do you try to involve me? I just want to be somewhere quiet alone"

Meat Puppet
04-21-2006, 09:47 PM
"Maybe you're all just goin' faggot." - Ajax

a nirvana fan
04-21-2006, 09:52 PM
A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: Dream Master

Kincade goes into a Nightmare and finds himself in a huge tip site full of cars and sees Freddy arise from his grave...Freddy gets out and says "Why'd you bury me, im not dead"

A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: Dream Warriors
Girl(sorry, I have forgot her name) who wants to make it big in the TV business falls asleep whilst watching TV into a Nightmare and Freddy appears in the TV, says some random Freddy stuff and comes out to kill this girl by smashing her head in the TV set, but before he says "This is your big break in TV!...Welcome to Prime Time bitch!"

There my personal two best Freddy quotes.:D

lady yunalesca
04-21-2006, 10:13 PM
A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: Dream Master

Kincade goes into a Nightmare and finds himself in a huge tip site full of cars and sees Freddy arise from his grave...Freddy gets out and says "Why'd you bury me, im not dead"

A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: Dream Warriors
Girl(sorry, I have forgot her name) who wants to make it big in the TV business falls asleep whilst watching TV into a Nightmare and Freddy appears in the TV, says some random Freddy stuff and comes out to kill this girl by smashing her head in the TV set, but before he says "This is your big break in TV!...Welcome to Prime Time bitch!"

There my personal two best Freddy quotes.:D

lol, we should start a thread bout best freddy quotes.....it would run forever!! :)

Elite Lord Sigma
04-21-2006, 11:03 PM
lol, we should start a thread bout best freddy quotes.....it would run forever!! :)

A thread on Groucho Marx quotes would probably last forever, too.

look_out_below
04-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Some good quotes from the show Dead Like Me

Roxy: You know, George, men have made me act crazy too. I mean, if you haven't bought a gun or a pick-axe at some point it isn't a real relationship.

Mason: I really hate clowns. When I was five years old - I kicked one in the nuts.

Mason: There you go Emily. (gives her a phallic shaped balloon)
Emily: This isn't a bunny rabbit.
Mason: Yes, there are the ears.
Emily: What is it really?
Rube: Go ask your mother

Old Manus
04-21-2006, 11:11 PM
Play this game with your kids and explain to them what they are playing.
- 50 Cent

Black Angel
04-21-2006, 11:35 PM
"I type 101 words per minute, but it's in my own language" ~ Mitch Hedberg.

Polnareff
04-21-2006, 11:52 PM
"Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning? The same thing that happens to everyone else." - Storm, X-Men

That quote actually had me laughing because of the pause between the question and the answer.

Medi
04-21-2006, 11:54 PM
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K."

Tavrobel
04-22-2006, 12:30 AM
"All your base are belong to us."
"Somebody set us up the bomb."
"This guy are sick."

Hahahahahahaa.
Yo, we going to go ghost town,
This motown,
With yo sound, you in the blink,
Going to bite the dust,
Cant fight with us,
With yo sound,
You kill the INC,
So dont stop, get it, get it,
Until you're cheddar header,
And watch the way I navigate,
Hahahahahhahahah!

"What do you want from me, woman? It is not yet my time."

I Took the Red Pill
04-22-2006, 01:07 AM
"Hate the sin, love the sinner." - Mahatma Gandhi

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree." - Martin Luther King Jr.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-22-2006, 01:13 AM
"Every saint has a past, every sinner a future." -I do not know who...

"The sun, the moon and the stars would have disappeared long ago... had they happened to be within the reach of predatory human hands." -Henry Ellis

"A wise man knows much but says little; a foolish man knows little but says much." -Again, I do not know who said it...

dirkdirden
04-22-2006, 05:29 AM
"He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder."

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

"When you sit with a nice girl for two hours, it seems like two minutes. When you sit on a hot stove for two minutes, it seems like two hours that's relativity."

Albert Einstein

DarkLadyNyara
04-22-2006, 05:28 PM
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."
-Albert Einstein :D Love that one.

McLovin'
04-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Ethernet (n): something used to catch the etherbunny

Is it Tuna or is it Chicken? ~Jessica Stupidson

You tried, and you failed, so the lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson.

Say hello...to my leetle friend! -Al Pacino

Luther X-Rated
04-22-2006, 06:30 PM
This is my grandfather's quote (Ahem)

donde menos se piensa salta la liebre

Anybody who translates this gets a cool prize!

Ballistix Man
04-22-2006, 06:34 PM
This is my grandfather's quote (Ahem)

Anybody who translates this gets a cool prize!
where less one thinks jumps the hare

Luther X-Rated
04-22-2006, 06:40 PM

I think that was close, but no dice!
I'll still give you a cool prize for trying though! *Hands you a :tonberry:*

The quote actually says,

"Trouble or Luck comes when you least expect it".

Tavrobel
04-23-2006, 02:46 AM

"Trouble or Luck comes when you least expect it".

Wouldn't it be "cuando" (when), instead of "donde" (where), "pensarse" is "to think to oneself", saltar should be in the infinitive, which means "to cross", or "to jump", and "la liebre" means "the hare". Therefore, this quote makes no sense grammatically. Or you need the subjunctive, but I find a hard time fitting it into the sentence in such a way without altering it radically.

"Problemas y suerte van a venir cuando usted no lo sabe."

Quoted for correctness. This quote has nothing to do with Luck, or expectations. "Suerte", which is Luck, is nowhere mentioned in the sentence, so the sentence cannot possibly be about luck.

I believe that Ballistix Man deserves his prize.

I think that was close, but no dice!
The translation that Ballistix Man provided was exact.

Since this phrase is Spanish in structure and attempt, I know it's not Catalan, nor Basque. Don't even try to pass it off as French. And any form of Muslim-ized-Spanish, (yes, I understand the irony of that statement), would begin with Ojalá in every case.

Elite Lord Sigma
04-23-2006, 03:08 AM
"Blood's not thicker than money."
-Groucho Marx

"The secret of success is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake those, you've got it made."
-Groucho Marx

"If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk?"
-Albert Einstein

GhandiOwnsYou
04-23-2006, 04:02 AM
Aliquando et insanire iucundum est. ~ It is sometimes pleasant even to act like a madman. ... Seneca

Struit insidias lacrimis cum femina plorat. ~ When a woman weeps, she is setting traps with her tears. ... Dionysius Cato

that, and my personal favorite Oscar Wilde...

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.

A man whose desire is to be something separate from himself... invariably succeeds in being what he wants to be. That is his punishment. Those who want a mask have to wear it.

lady yunalesca
04-24-2006, 12:47 AM
"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K."

excellent:up: :up: :up:

"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didnt exsisit"

Elite Lord Sigma
04-24-2006, 02:39 AM
"To punish me for my contempt for authority, Fate made me an authority myself."
-Albert Einstein

"There is no distinctly native American criminal class...except Congress."
-Mark Twain

"A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain."
-Mark Twain

"Ladies and gentlemen, Chicolini here may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Groucho Marx, Duck Soup

Evastio
04-25-2006, 12:10 AM
I don't know where these quotes are from but I'll post them anyways.

"He who dies with the most toys is still dead"

"War does not determine who is right or wrong. War determines who is left"

DarkLadyNyara
04-25-2006, 12:20 AM
It is not money that brings happiness, it's lot's of money.

Slim
04-25-2006, 12:28 AM
"Yeah Pauly, you'll stick something you big homo." -My Uncle Mark referring to his friend in a hockey bet.