PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Become A Celebrity On EoFF?

Jack
04-22-2006, 01:37 AM
This got me thinking.

Who or What is a celebrity here at EoFF? Importntly, WHY are they a celebrity? In today's modern age where a celebrity is someone who appeared on a TV once, what makes a celebrity on this site? Do they have to be in your face, or only appears once in a while to make a impression to you? Is the familiarity of their posts or their randomness that makes them more famous to you?

Is it a gimmick (The split personality thing comes to mind...)?
A personality?
Spamming?

I now pose this question to you, people of EoFF? Who is a celebrity here IYO and (importantly) why?
Secondly, could anyone become one if they changed their posting habits to something more "popular"?

Rye
04-22-2006, 01:42 AM
It's usually any of these:

* The longevity of the member.
* A gimmick.
* Being infamous for being dumb.
* Being a funny and crazy person for long enough.
* Having something about you that just clicks.

Though of course, they'd need personality along with it.

I'd say Psychotic would be one of those funny crazy EoFF celebrities, plus he's a nice guy who's very friendly to people. Meat Puppet would also be one of those guys. I can't think of any with a gimmick that I'm willing to point out personally. Cloud No. 9 is the type of EoFF celebrity that's infamous for being dumb. We love to hate him. :) There are too many people to list for the longevity thing.

But none of that works unless you have a good/interesting personality, like I said.

And I think you could, but unless it was a gradual change, as in a person growing up and becoming more mature, it comes off as fake and it's unappreciated.

Venom
04-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Basically Bladen.

Spatvark
04-22-2006, 02:19 AM
That or performing indecent sex acts upon the staff. Guess which I did.

Madame Adequate
04-22-2006, 02:26 AM
Being able to annoy people without getting banned helps. Look at Wesley. Everyone knows and loves him!

Being the center of dramah works as well.

Raistlin
04-22-2006, 02:49 AM
xD

You might want to reword the "without getting banned" portion, MILFy, considering I've been EoEO banned three times. :p

On-topic: I think the easiest way is to be able to joke around on a wider scale. Bleys was famous for this. Lynx and I do it pretty often with campaigns and such (along with other pranks, such as turning the Squeenix forum into just Xenogears threads).

Also, it helps to be well-known and intensely disliked by the staff. How many people know my name just because of April Fools of '05? :p

smittenkitten
04-22-2006, 02:59 AM
Proberly be Crazy/Sane person both atthe same time. Striptease to all the Staff and make love to Loony BoB, Have a certain saying everyone know's from you, but basically be a lesbein farmer, Em0/Pilot, make your own gunblade of plastic spoons, ffmad junkie who thinks he is a monkey. :)

(If that made no sense don't worry I don't know either)

Tavrobel
04-22-2006, 03:00 AM
It's usually any of these:
* The longevity of the member.
* A gimmick.
* Being infamous for being dumb.
* Being a funny and crazy person for long enough.
* Having something about you that just clicks.
Though of course, they'd need personality along with it.
But none of that works unless you have a good/interesting personality, like I said.
And I think you could, but unless it was a gradual change, as in a person growing up and becoming more mature, it comes off as fake and it's unappreciated.

I would agree mostly with the bolded, italic-ed, and underlined statement. This is probably one of the more important statures. Also, helping with the frontpage (site Staff), or becoming a CK will definitely make you more seen around the forums. If you do things the PiP way, you'll definitely become well known. Unfortunately, the last time someone tried that, he was BALETED.

An alternative method would be to do Sigs and Avatars for everyone, or having some sort of gimmick, as Rye said. Rye and ff7+ff10gurl are the most well known, especially since they do not only the most work, but some of the best quality work, at least, digitally/on the computer. Or you can delude yourself, and act high and mighty, while not actually being high and mighty, and yell at people for 6 pages while being completely correct the entire time. Like me. Of course, I'm not a celebrity. I'm just sadistic.

If you can't get total and complete domination of the forum, then try for one of the smaller forums, or a part of one. Ehh, that didn't make sense. If you're really good at FFX, e.g., then post alot at the FFX sections. Helping people and being a reliable and knowledgeable source of information will definitely get you to be one of the more well known members, if only in that forum. But the problem is versatility, in such that case. If you do more, there's more of a chance you'll mess up, but at least you know more, and you can help out once in a while. If you become a help consult in the sections, then have a strategy guide to back you up, it'll help, and you won't have to use your memory all that often, since, you open a book, and say "do this", with your own personal twist.
Note: the strategy guide option/assistance will NOT work for FFIX.

Comedy and craziness is also a good idea, as previously stated. No need to elaborate further.

Nick Schovitz
04-22-2006, 03:01 AM
Yeah Craziness or strictness, that's what it is?

Psychotic
04-22-2006, 03:04 AM
I'm telling you guys, the key is walruses.

Rengori
04-22-2006, 03:22 AM
Spamming, being funny. Or making kickass sigs.

Dolentrean
04-22-2006, 03:28 AM
psht... :jokey:... nuff said.

Madame Adequate
04-22-2006, 03:49 AM
That's true Wes, you've been banned from there, but not forum-banned :p

Madonna
04-22-2006, 04:19 AM
There are no celebrities on EoFF, kids.

DeathKnight
04-22-2006, 04:22 AM
Sucking up to RSL:irked:

Madonna
04-22-2006, 04:32 AM
Sucking up to RSL:irked:Nonsense; I campaigned for his adminship and it got me nothing.

Luther X-Rated
04-22-2006, 04:39 AM
You should try being urself or yourself or something like that.

Me personally, I like to think of myself as neutral. I just like to chat I don't plan on
being a celebrity or anything like that. All though I do like meeting new people : I

Moon Rabbits
04-22-2006, 04:45 AM
Having a sig like Genius Lynx's because...EARTHBOUND <3<3<3<3OMGWTFLOL

Anyway, Rye should be famous for her sigs...because...she made me one.

rubah
04-22-2006, 05:12 AM
Proberly be Crazy/Sane person both atthe same time. Striptease to all the Staff and make love to Loony BoB, Have a certain saying everyone know's from you,
No one has ever done this to me:(

SammieBabe
04-22-2006, 05:14 AM
*does strip tease for rubah*

:D

Dolentrean
04-22-2006, 05:15 AM

then call me sometime!

rubah
04-22-2006, 05:16 AM
You're supposed to come to me though!

*writes down sammie's name for future reference 8)*

dirkdirden
04-22-2006, 05:17 AM
I take my pants off while posting.

So far is hadn't worked.

and the people at my work keep stairing.

Madame Adequate
04-22-2006, 05:17 AM

*Removes his clothing*

Dignified Pauper
04-22-2006, 05:25 AM
Start a project and not finish it.

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-22-2006, 07:15 AM
Be related to an obsure actress.

black orb
04-22-2006, 07:19 AM
>>> Do crazy things get yourself banned and there you are, a brand new EoFF celebrity!..

Ramza Beoulve
04-22-2006, 07:28 AM
... being a complete weirdo? hehe n.nU, now I will be hunted n.n

NeoCracker
04-22-2006, 07:34 AM
Being a moron can do it, Look at Chaos.Prophecy.Crash. He was around a few months and I still remember him for many stupid remarks and people burninating him.

Plus I say RSL is a celebraty here, I knew his name a few months before I ever saw him post. Oddly enough he was the first person to post in my Usernotes.

Zeromus_X
04-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Kitty!! :love: :cat: (Only people who have attained true understanding of 'Kitty!! :love: :cat:' will understand.)

:cat: :love:

Leeza
04-22-2006, 07:40 AM
Plus I say RSL is a celebraty here, I knew his name a few months before I ever saw him post. Oddly enough he was the first person to post in my Usernotes.
Considering he's been here for six years he could be nothing but a celebrity. Well, really he could be many things. But in this case he is a celebrity and to think otherwise would be just silly. :cat:

Samuraid
04-22-2006, 07:47 AM
>>> Do crazy things get yourself banned and there you are, a brand new EoFF celebrity!..
More like an EoFF martyr, except you aren't dying for the cause of EoFF, just the opposite. :p

Old Manus
04-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Alt + F4

Rengori
04-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Being a moron can do it, Look at Chaos.Prophecy.Crash. He was around a few months and I still remember him for many stupid remarks and people burninating him.
Myself included.

Cz
04-22-2006, 10:27 AM
How the hell should I know? :p

a nirvana fan
04-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Who cares, who wants to be famous? It must suck!

themagicroundabout
04-22-2006, 10:40 AM
You probably have to be 'cool' or 'popular' or 'funny' or 'talented' or 'something'.
I don't really know.

Levian
04-22-2006, 12:43 PM
Woah! People, I have some shocking news. EoFF has a real celebrity (http://forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=16705)

Rye
04-22-2006, 02:12 PM
Wasn't some guy in the Olympics from here? xD

Shaun
04-22-2006, 02:21 PM
No offence or anything, but I think this is the stupidest thread title in the history of EoFF (or the time I've been here, and don't flame me because I've said this as I'm entitled to my opinion).

There is no such thing as a celebrity on EoFF. You don't even know anyone on EoFF properly. Probably only 5% of EoFF users have posted their pictures. You may be all buddy-buddy with them, but in reality, you don't know them one bit (disclaimer: in most cases).

Epiphany
04-22-2006, 02:29 PM
There is no such thing as a celebrity on EoFF. You don't even know anyone on EoFF properly.

Do you know the people that act in movies properly? Are they not still celebs? ;P
In any case, Rye pretty much summed it up.

Old Manus
04-22-2006, 02:39 PM
No offence or anything, but I think this is the stupidest thread title in the history of EoFF (or the time I've been here, and don't flame me because I've said this as I'm entitled to my opinion).

There is no such thing as a celebrity on EoFF. You don't even know anyone on EoFF properly. Probably only 5% of EoFF users have posted their pictures. You may be all buddy-buddy with them, but in reality, you don't know them one bit (disclaimer: in most cases).
Shaun - THE INTERNET COP

Dark Angel From Heaven
04-22-2006, 02:43 PM
im a Celebrity im Tom cruise lmao:D

udsuna
04-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, in theory, any kind of "celebrity" here would be *more* real/truthful than the "real" ones. Actors are known for roles, they're performing. We, on the other hand, just do whatever it is we feel like doing. If we perform, it's for our own amusement.

I appearantly am well known enough in the EoEo section. Whether or not I'm well-liked varies from person to person. But I'm definately known. Don't know how or why, I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm sure to post in just about *every* controversial or remotely heated debate. And I'm just full of helpful advise if someone else has a problem. Plus I hit on just about every girl I come across that isn't part of staff or simply too young.

But since Rubah asked for it.... I'll need an address and about 75$ to cover gasolene for the trip. Also, I'll need to ask for food an a shower whilst I'm there. But if you like, you can have your dance. ;)

McLovin'
04-22-2006, 03:33 PM
A celebrity is one who is so ugly that their face is featured constantly on all forms of media as a form of pity. The are also often paid ridiculous sums of money for this. Although they alone believe themselves superior to society, celebrities are shunned by intelligent individuals, though many still follow the lives of celebrities out of morbid curiosity. Celebrities are treated as animals in some countries, being fed thin strips of carrots and celery.

Celebrities are often exploited for their bizarre and disconcerting looks, (see Michael Jackson) in a series of "celeb pics" present in magazines and websites. Celebrities should always be avoided, as they often carry diseases and are prone to biting others, grabbing the buttocks of complete strangers, and parading about town all liquored up and off their mash on ecstasy pipes.

While it is true that celebrities often exhibit some form of talent, it is by no means a requisite. Many celebrities, in fact, exhibit no talent at all. The only true requisite of celebrity is to have one colossal public failure to one's credit. This alerts the media to one's presence. If the proto-celeb is able to secure an agent, celebrity status is assured. The quality of the agent will determine whether the celebrity becomes a superstar or a guest on Hollywood Squares.

Celebrities are classified as a form of parasite.

:)

eestlinc
04-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Be related to an obsure actress.
Spiff is generously providing an example for those who wish to follow in his footsteps.

Shoden
04-22-2006, 05:45 PM
Be an oldbie and get shot and live. Simple philosophy, see if we shot Psy, he'd be alot more famous then he is now.

Shoeberto
04-22-2006, 05:48 PM
No one has ever done this to me in the past week:(

Mika
04-22-2006, 05:51 PM
Basically the popular people? Easy.
If you're new, it's the first names you learn. The cool people.

Caspian
04-22-2006, 06:59 PM
You have to skip reading the actual threads and just tack spam on to the end of it, like I do.

Ramza Beoulve
04-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Be an oldbie and get shot and live. Simple philosophy, see if we shot Psy, he'd be alot more famous then he is now.
*charges shotgun*

Let me prove that :D

*shoots psy*

Shoden
04-22-2006, 07:23 PM
if the person survives that is.

Loony BoB
04-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Regarding Shaun's post - Yes, there are celebrities at EoFF. A celebrity is someone that is famous. An EoFF celebrity is someone who is famous around the EoFF community. If you don't think they exist, you're terribly ignorant.

Regarding the topic at hand...

Do things. Run competitions, get involved in said competitions, help people in the help forum. Post things about YOU. Show your personality, make jokes, have fun, let people know what you like and dislike. Use smilies, but not too many. Have a noticable name - people are a lot more likely to be noticed with an awesome name like "Fwab" than a fit-in name like "Cloud_[Sephiroth's Last Name] xXx" - make it a name that people will remember and find easy to either say or find a nickname for... and then, importantly, <i>don't change it every six months</i>. People will very rarely get known if they keep changing names, because people will know you by your name more than anything around here.

Be social. PM people, chat to people in the chatroom or on instant messengers. Find some kind of group and ask to be involved if it's your kind of thing. Offer insights to people's problems or threads. I don't mean say "My favourite number is 23", I mean letting people know if there's any reason that you have a favourite number, is it a sports star or something? Life experience leading to it? Anything? Show yourself, don't be just another member on EoFF, be a person in a community. Go to a meetup. Call someone you've gotten to know. Don't stop there, though. Keep getting to know people. One of the main reasons this community thrives is because new people come in all the time, and that means there's always someone new to get to know in some way or another.

Don't count on being good enough to be a CK because there are a lot of those kind of people and we don't CK people very often. Don't try to be a badass or a class clown - there are two kinds of famous in this world and you don't want to be known for the wrong reasons, or you might end up being banned. Then you'll be famous, sure, but I can tell you that in time, nobody will care. You don't see The PC Fascist, Aika, The Model Citizen or Braska Spira being discussed by those who discuss PiP and Crash today. In a couple of years' time, you can either be banned and out of the picture or not banned and in the picture.

Being around for a long time means nothing. I know more members than most people here, and I can tell you a <i>lot</i> of members have been around here for over three years and still to this day haven't made a real name for themselves. They haven't made it personal for them. How can we know someone if they haven't made themselevs known?

Dolentrean
04-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Pay the staff 5$... ya, thats it...

Ramza Beoulve
04-22-2006, 07:54 PM
if the person survives that is.
oww monkeys... I forgot that little thing... maybe he's only in a coma?

Lost Number
04-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Uhh, be an idiot seems to be the route from what I can see...or maybe thats the result of becoming famous.
Bets thing i can think of is join up, hang around a few months then do summat dumb and be banned in a blaze of fame.

Psychotic
04-22-2006, 08:30 PM
Be an oldbie and get shot and live. Simple philosophy, see if we shot Psy, he'd be alot more famous then he is now.I'm not an oldbie, but thank you for trying to make me famous, Bladen. I think one day I might even become more famous on EoFF than you are, if I play my cards right.

Ramza Beoulve
04-22-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm not an oldbie, but thank you for trying to make me famous, Bladen. I think one day I might even become more famous on EoFF than you are, if I play my cards right.

O.o... he is... ALIVE!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

*runs towards a wall*

Shoden
04-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Psy, I'm not even near famous here, almost everyone has some kind of thing against me for some reason. Hey if it made 50 Cent famous it will do it to you too.

Strider
04-22-2006, 11:37 PM
Win a Ciddie and you'll be remembered forever.

NeoCracker
04-22-2006, 11:41 PM
Yes, but 50 cent is black. Even though that has nothing to do with it, its true. Plus he's a rapper. Rappers are famous for getting owned in some way and living. So if Psy is a rapper, then he's set.

DeathKnight
04-22-2006, 11:45 PM
Yes, but 50 cent is black. Even though that has nothing to do with it, its true. Plus he's a rapper. Rappers are famous for getting owned in some way and living. So if Psy is a rapper, then he's set.

INSTEAD of saying "but 50 is BLACK, you should've said "but 50 Cent's a rapper"

And yes, I read your other sentences. But saying "his black but has nothing to do with it" is still offensive.

:irked:

project X
04-23-2006, 12:11 AM
Namedrop. It's like that anywhere though.

Hi Psy and Rye and Meat Puppet! :D

Psychotic
04-23-2006, 12:38 AM
Hi Psy and Rye and Meat Puppet! :DHi creepy avatar girl.

Jack
04-23-2006, 12:47 AM
Hi creepy avatar girl.

Don't talk about your copy-cat that way.

Regarding Shaun's post - Yes, there are celebrities at EoFF. A celebrity is someone that is famous. An EoFF celebrity is someone who is famous around the EoFF community. If you don't think they exist, you're terribly ignorant

That cheered me up.

a lot of members have been around here for over three years and still to this day haven't made a real name for themselves.

This didn't. I appear to be one of these members you speak of. And yet I've been meet-ups (Hell, I ARRANGED one) and yet am not what one would call a "celebrity".

Madame Adequate
04-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Actually yeah, namedropping works very well. Dr Unne can back me up here (note the absence of a period in his name.)

Loony BoB
04-23-2006, 12:53 AM
This didn't. I appear to be one of these members you speak of. And yet I've been meet-ups (Hell, I ARRANGED one) and yet am not what one would call a "celebrity".
There are members far, far less known than you who have been around some time longer than you have. :)

Jack
04-23-2006, 01:01 AM
I'm aware of that, but I'm just raising the issue (concerning the Thread Title). If we can denounce the importance of being here for a long time and seeing EoFFers in the flesh, than what can we bank on?

If a member joined tommrow following the other points, could he/she become a celebrity on EoFF within 3 months? But how could he/she make it lasting? Like what BoB said about crashNUMBERS....

Was he a perfect example of a car crash celebrity like those of reality TV shows? Question is, how could they last the distance as one?
(I'm using the example of Jade Goody here... What makes her different from the others?)

Rye
04-23-2006, 01:02 AM
Actually yeah, namedropping works very well. Dr Unne can back me up here (note the absence of a period in his name.)

Did you know according to PG's theory (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=82487), I'm related to Benito Mussolini? :D?

Rengori
04-23-2006, 01:04 AM
Psy, I'm not even near famous here, almost everyone has some kind of thing against me for some reason. Hey if it made 50 Cent President Bush famous it will do it to you too.
Fixed it.

Loony BoB
04-23-2006, 01:07 AM
I'm aware of that, but I'm just raising the issue (concerning the Thread Title). If we can denounce the importance of being here for a long time and seeing EoFFers in the flesh, than what can we bank on?

If a member joined tommrow following the other points, could he/she become a celebrity on EoFF within 3 months? But how could he/she make it lasting? Like what BoB said about crashNUMBERS....

Was he a perfect example of a car crash celebrity like those of reality TV shows? Question is, how could they last the distance as one?
(I'm using the example of Jade Goody here... What makes her different from the others?)
You can make a good impact in a fast way, too. I'm not sure on how long it took for The Captain to make such an impression, and I know other members have been good members and just gained popularity by being incredibly social and posting in a lot of threads. But yeah, most people who are well known here either joined when the community was small and therefore it was easier to get known, or else they took their time to get really known. I think I took about a year or more before I got a vote in the EoFF Awards, despite being (I think...) one of the first 200 members in the UBB (it's either that or I'm completely wrong and the quote I found that out from was referring to the original vB).

DK
04-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Why the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif do you care? I mean really.

NeoCracker
04-23-2006, 01:18 AM
Why the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif do you care? I mean really.
And thats why Kyono is an EoFF Celeb.

Jack
04-23-2006, 01:19 AM
Why the do you care? I mean really.

Why not? Questioning how processes (Such as becoming a "celebrity" on EoFF) creates a better understanding about us and others as humans in general. It would also raise why we think certain things, by certain things happen... This is the same method used by scientists in discovering how chemicals react with others. "How/Why does that happen like it do?"

The only difference mine is more a hummanist/psychological pursuit.
The real question, if you disagree with this question, why do you care enough to attack the propagator? That is something that REALLY must be studied...

I just thought it'll be a enjoyable discussion. That was the main reason behind it.

DK
04-23-2006, 01:29 AM
There must be many more relevant questions to gain a better understanding of us and humans in general than how people gain "celebrity" status on a final fantasy message board. Of the many things that could be discussed in a place such as this where however many people gather to share their opinions, this is probably one of the most inane things I can think of. Why does it matter if someone is a "celebrity" on a place like EoFF in the first place? I've not looked it up recently, but for me the word "celebrity" sound be defined as a person who's actions merit celebration. How many people who're classifed as celebrities in this day and age really deserve that? Not a lot, for me.

Jack
04-23-2006, 02:10 AM
I didn't say it mattered. You seem to think I'm sitting at home going "THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT". It was just a idea. The fact you're getting stressed enough about it to get angry about it reveals that it matters (in one wahy or another) to YOU.

There must be many more relevant questions to gain a better understanding of us and humans in general than how people gain "celebrity" status on a final fantasy message board.
True. Although most members keep them for the EoEo board. I was using the example I posed to illustrate how (effectively) EoFF is a essentially a arena of action and reaction. This is how scientists see the world. I've just changed the boundaries.

Of the many things that could be discussed in a place such as this where however many people gather to share their opinions, this is probably one of the most inane things I can think of.
By admitting that you CAN think of it does raise the point "Obviously its crossed your mind..." The other point is that people others were discussing it fine until you decided to get all high and mighty on the subject. You are aware that by asking "inane" questions like this, we've managed to develop as one of the primary species on this planet?

Why does it matter if someone is a "celebrity" on a place like EoFF in the first place?
It was a question. It raised a discussion. It matters as far as that. Lots of things in this world don't matter. The result in the football, the dog barking outside... It is our opinions and reactions to these that MAKE them matter.You liking of the team that lost at football makes the result matter. You're opinion that dogs are bad makes the barking matter. You're agressive reaction towards this thread makes it matter.

I've not looked it up recently, but for me the word "celebrity" sound be defined as a person who's actions merit celebration. How many people who're classifed as celebrities in this day and age really deserve that? Not a lot, for me.
I personally feel we should celebrate our fellow man more. Maybe this thread will reveal why we are celebrating their actions? A question to you, why has no one given you reason to celebrate? Your point also raises a issue, is a member like crashNUMBERS a celebrity? And if so, does he deserve it? kyono thinks not so.

How about you?

Importantly, Just because the subject matter doesn't appeal to you, does that mean it is wrong? Most people would pass over such a title and ignore it. But you feel the need to attack it... That alone reveals a lot about you. You do realise that by doing this you've illustrated what BoB was talking about CrashNUMBERS in practise...

Do you want to be a celebrity on EoFF Kyono? Because you're going the right way about it. :D

Tip: Relax. This thread will go away one day, be forgotten and you're life will carry on it's merry way.

zorander
04-23-2006, 02:17 AM
Just skimmed through the thread... Don't worry about it Jack, you're a celebrity in my eyes.
How about the site staff do some sort of member "Fame Ranking"? A list of the top rated 200 or so members?
Members rank being determined by the number of votes they get per day/week, and members vote for one an other (no voting for yourselves) by clicking on a link in the other members profile. Vote for whatever reason you like and vote for as many people a day as you like, but only once for each person.
This would certanly be a way of determining who's hot and who's not.
You never know jack, you might even be in the top 100.

Psychotic
04-23-2006, 02:29 AM
Don't we have the Ciddies for that?

EDIT: http://forums.eyesonff.com/showpost.php?p=1424766&postcount=1799

There you go, a list, and a mighty fine one too, if only for the fact that it has yours truly at #1. :cool:

Raistlin
04-23-2006, 02:30 AM
Jack: You can't offer an idea, receive criticism, and then blame the criticism for it not being important. You brought it up in the first place. It's not important - this is just an exercise of beliefs. You asked the question, some people said "it doesn't matter." So either argue or don't - but don't try and blame other people for it. It takes two to argue, so you arguing back proves you care just as much as anyone else.

Now, on-topic: I never understood why people want fame in the first place. I don't desire fame at all and wouldn't do a single thing differently to achieve it. I disagree with everything BoB said. No, you shouldn't PM people - if you don't naturally do that in the first place. No, you shouldn't post often - if you don't do that already. You shouldn't do anything simply to become more well known. You should do everything exactly as you want to and if a lot of people come to know you, great, and if not, that's just as good. If you're even remotely active around the forums, you'll find people with similar views who you can talk to.

I'm well known by the people I give a damn about around here, and that's all I care about.

DK
04-23-2006, 02:34 AM
I didn't say it mattered. You seem to think I'm sitting at home going "THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOO IMPORTANT". It was just a idea. The fact you're getting stressed enough about it to get angry about it reveals that it matters (in one wahy or another) to YOU.

Yeah, that was an assumption based on your "this cheered me up" and "this didn't" when you pointed out that you're not one even though you've been here for three years. Just like you're assuming that i'm stressed out by this, when all I am is amused. :D

True. Although most members keep them for the EoEo board. I was using the example I posed to illustrate how (effectively) EoFF is a essentially a arena of action and reaction. This is how scientists see the world. I've just changed the boundaries.

Fair enough.

By admitting that you CAN think of it does raise the point "Obviously its crossed your mind..." The other point is that people others were discussing it fine until you decided to get all high and mighty on the subject. You are aware that by asking "inane" questions like this, we've managed to develop as one of the primary species on this planet?

Of course I can think of it, it's sitting here staring me in the face, and m y natural reaction was to think about it and others like it. If it wasn't here, I wouldn't have considered that people would be concerned over such a thing. We may well have developed into one of the primary species on the planet through questions such as this, and the planets far worse of because of it.

It was a question. It raised a discussion. It matters as far as that. Lots of things in this world don't matter. The result in the football, the dog barking outside... It is our opinions and reactions to these that MAKE them matter.You liking of the team that lost at football makes the result matter. You're opinion that dogs are bad makes the barking matter. You're agressive reaction towards this thread makes it matter.

I don't know why you assume i'm being aggressive. Is a negative response automatically aggressive or something? Or maybe because I used a cuss word? You're reading too far into my dialect. The thread was a question, I asked a question too. Results in football are of far greater meaning than how one becomes a celebrity on an internet forum.

I personally feel we should celebrate our fellow man more. Maybe this thread will reveal why we are celebrating their actions? A question to you, why has no one given you reason to celebrate? Your point also raises a issue, is a member like crashNUMBERS a celebrity? And if so, does he deserve it? kyono thinks not so.

I feel we should celebrate our fellow man more as well. But I think people who are considered "celebrities" should be doing something worth celebration.

Importantly, Just because the subject matter doesn't appeal to you, does that mean it is wrong? Most people would pass over such a title and ignore it. But you feel the need to attack it... That alone reveals a lot about you. You do realise that by doing this you've illustrated what BoB was talking about CrashNUMBERS in practise...

Again, I wasn't attacking anything. I was curious as to why something such as this matters to anyone.

Edit: I pretty much agree with everything Raistlins said, too. I'd rather be myself and be a nobody than change who I am to be somebody.

Loony BoB
04-23-2006, 03:06 AM
Irony for Dan (Kyono) (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=83461).

God, they're just asking a question. They aren't saying you have to be a celebrity or anything. Just asking how people do it.

DK
04-23-2006, 03:07 AM
Again, i'm not worked up. I'm amused and curious.

Yamaneko
04-23-2006, 03:19 AM
Become fake and self-obsessed.

NeoCracker
04-23-2006, 04:11 AM
Become fake and self-obsessed.
Well, I'm already self-obsessed, so if I become fake and act like I'm not sef obsessed will I be famous?

Agent Proto
04-23-2006, 04:37 AM
What's the point to being a celebrity on EoFF? It's not like there are paparrazis around and rumors going on about the latest celebrity news about certain members.

But then again... hmmmm *thinks*

I Took the Red Pill
04-23-2006, 05:08 AM
Do exactly the opposite of what I do... noone seems to like me:mad:

But I think the rule of thumb is anyone with color other than white in their user title,and an extra line of text is usually a "celebrity". Of course, there are some exceptions to that rule both ways, but it usually is true.

Strider
04-23-2006, 05:11 AM
What's the point to being a celebrity on EoFF? It's not like there are paparrazis around and rumors going on about the latest celebrity news about certain members.

Not that you know of.

ShadowNINku
04-23-2006, 06:15 AM
add a tonberry to your sig???

escobert
04-23-2006, 06:27 AM

WHAT THEY HAVEN'T BEEN BOTHERING YOU!? Good lord! they won't leave me alone :(

NeoCracker
04-23-2006, 06:31 AM

We do, however, have a tabloid. I will be releasing it shortly with Juicy Gossip on Leeza. She makes front page of Volume one. Also covers the topic, "How Emo is Dan?" and "Is RSL's beard real or is it borrowed from a goat?"
good stuff that is.

KentaRawr!
04-23-2006, 07:05 AM
I would have quoted someone and entered a super witty wittisism, but I will just say this:

What BoB said.

Jack
04-23-2006, 02:25 PM
Hmmm.

Yeah, that was an assumption based on your "this cheered me up" and "this didn't" when you pointed out that you're not one even though you've been here for three years. Just like you're assuming that i'm stressed out by this, when all I am is amused. :D

Loony BoB raised the point of 3 years. I said "This cheered me up" because (believe it or not) I enjoyed the fact that there was a point to the question. As for the "this didn't", surely everyone (no matter their desire or direction) likes to believe that a higher level then themselves is possible? While I have no great want to change my character or personality to become a "celebrity", the idea that such a goal is possible for me is fine. The same goes for a lot of things. Surely you wanted (at one time or another) to be ABLE toget good grades at college and be ABLE to get the job you wanted? Whether you did or didn't is irrelevent. The fact the possibility is there is important.

It takes two to argue, so you arguing back proves you care just as much as anyone else.
I care for the argument. The question itself is (effectively) irrelevent if people ignore it. For example: If a scrap of paper is left on the ground, if ignored it is irrelevent. Even if this paper is the winning lottery ticket for millions, it is still irrelevent. Only until people notice and react to it, does it become relevent. However, it can still only be as relevent as "It's a piece of paper" or "This cleaners never clean up do they?".
The degree of relevency and "caring" relates to the reaction. My reaction (if you note) is to two things:
1)Kyono's argument
2)The concept raised by the question

We may well have developed into one of the primary species on the planet through questions such as this, and the planets far worse of because of it.

Your opinion...It's valid (granted) but I feel rather then slip into a "accepting" state ("I accept that people are/are not celebrities at EoFF" "I accept that water is/is not good for you") we SHOULD ask these questions. What is there to lose?

I don't know why you assume i'm being aggressive. Is a negative response automatically aggressive or something? Or maybe because I used a cuss word? You're reading too far into my dialect.
Considering I live in the UK where our dialects cary beyond most nations, I've never heard a "dialect" where a swear word was considered as normal banter. While at EoFF, I use the example of the "Queen's English" which is taught in every school/college/university in (and around) the world (except in USA and Canada). It's the most popualr form of English, and as such, the use of a the "cuss" word means a form of aggressive negation to the point.
And before you say it, I swear all the while IRL.
A negative response is not aggression. Rastilin's point to the topic was negative, yet I do not believe he is being aggressive.

The thread was a question, I asked a question too.
As are most in this topic. We're still discussing your question.

Results in football are of far greater meaning than how one becomes a celebrity on an internet forum.

Depends on your input and reaction to them. If a person has NEVER seen/played/heard of football but knew only of a internet forum, then this thread would be more important to him then if I said "Birmingham 0 - Leicester 2" wouldn't it?
The same can even go if a person was not aware of English or England itself, but only knew of France and the French language. If I say "Sandwich" they'd look at me odd wouldn't they?

NOTE:Before anyone says "The French also use the word "sandwich" I'd like to point out that its a "borrowed" word. In the French language, there is NO word for sandwich, and they only accepted it because the rest of the world uses it. It is only a modern acceptance though, because of the rivalry between England and France.

I feel we should celebrate our fellow man more as well. But I think people who are considered "celebrities" should be doing something worth celebration.

There we go! You're questioning the word "Celebrity". So (working with Kyono here, who has done things to be a celebrity? Who DESERVES the status? Within the boundaries of EoFF, who has done good work?
You could argue IMO, that Cid is a celebrity because of his creation of this world. Any others?

I was curious as to why something such as this matters to anyone.
Edit: I pretty much agree with everything Raistlins said, too. I'd rather be myself and be a nobody than change who I am to be somebody.

I'm not sure WHY it matters, but it appears to so there you go. As for your final point, I agree with IMO. However, I'm willing to suspend this for the sake of discussion.

--

ON TOPIC:

What do we have left? We've removed the view that longivtevity matters (nor can we round it down to an actual date). We also feel that beinga CK or Staff doesn't mean much.
Helping others is good, but this is limited exposure, because we have EoEo where everyone helps everyone else.

We also are not sure of what a "celebrity is?! Is a Ciddie winner? A staff recongnition? Someone who has done something worth celebration?

So what DO we have? The question still stands: How Do you become a celebrity at EoFF?

Captain Maxx Power
04-23-2006, 02:28 PM
Gimmicks help a lot. Or being wierd. Or just be Neel, that works quite well.

DK
04-23-2006, 03:07 PM
As for never hearing cursing in part of a normal dialect, are you serious? Wander round any college or place where teenagers hang out and it's quite obvious if you just listen that a lot of teens and young adults quite frequently use curse words in normal banter, for whatever reason, be it to emphasise a point or just because they can. It comes forth as a natural part of your vocabulary. Is that a good thing? Not necessarily, but eh.

Depends on your input and reaction to them. If a person has NEVER seen/played/heard of football but knew only of a internet forum, then this thread would be more important to him then if I said "Birmingham 0 - Leicester 2" wouldn't it?
The same can even go if a person was not aware of English or England itself, but only knew of France and the French language. If I say "Sandwich" they'd look at me odd wouldn't they?

How many people are likely to have never heard of/seen any sports yet know what an internet forum is and about becoming a celebrity on one is/means? Fact is supporting teams and the results of all sports played across the world bond many people together, gives people something to cheer and support, can bond people from many races and countries, e.t.c. I don't see how celebrity on an internet forum is comperable to that, but that's just me I suppose.

Man I'm too old for this /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. :(

boris no no
04-23-2006, 03:13 PM
Beating Psy at Tekken...twice :cool:

Psychotic
04-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Beating Psy at Tekken...twice :cool:Losing to Psy at Tekken...twice...also seems to work.

Actually three times 'cause I won this bout by default, as you didn't even show up. :cool:

Jack
04-24-2006, 01:34 AM
As for never hearing cursing in part of a normal dialect, are you serious? Wander round any college or place where teenagers hang out and it's quite obvious if you just listen that a lot of teens and young adults quite frequently use curse words in normal banter, for whatever reason, be it to emphasise a point or just because they can. It comes forth as a natural part of your vocabulary. Is that a good thing? Not necessarily, but eh.

You're right, I do hear swear words being used. As i noted, I use them as well. But you said they were part of a dialect.

Dialect
1)A regional or social variety of a language distinguished by pronunciation, grammar, or vocabulary, especially a variety of speech differing from the standard literary language or speech pattern of the culture in which it exists: Cockney is a dialect of English.

2)A variety of language that with other varieties constitutes a single language of which no single variety is standard: the dialects of Ancient Greek.

3)The language peculiar to the members of a group, especially in an occupation; jargon: the dialect of science.

4)The manner or style of expressing oneself in language or the arts.

5)A language considered as part of a larger family of languages or a linguistic branch. Not in scientific use: Spanish and French are Romance dialects.

What you're proposing is that in modern clture, the swear word is okay. It isn't part of a dialect. Used in normal banter perhaps but not a dialect. They may be more prone to using the word, but it isn't necessarily part of a dialect. There are people who speak cockney who don't swear, and there are some who do. Speaking "Cockney" doesn't mean you swear.

While at EoFF, I use the example of the "Queen's English" which is taught in every school/college/university in (and around) the world (except in USA and Canada). It's the most popualr form of English, and as such, the use of a the "cuss" word means a form of aggressive negation to the point.

--

How many people are likely to have never heard of/seen any sports yet know what an internet forum is and about becoming a celebrity on one is/means? Fact is supporting teams and the results of all sports played across the world bond many people together, gives people something to cheer and support, can bond people from many races and countries, e.t.c. I don't see how celebrity on an internet forum is comperable to that, but that's just me I suppose.

The fact you CAN have that situation means we have to accept it. There are people who care less about sports than EoFF (True) so it's possible. Think about the publication of celebrity magazines. People evidentedly care about celebrities, so if we narrow our field and associate it with EoFF (as I said earlier in the thread), we can see such a thing happening. Consider people's posts as how people judge their "status"... You're getting hung up on the "internet forum" thing. The internet is simply a forum of infomation. Like magazines. Like communication. A mass of opinions. If people can have opinions, can believe in celebrities, what stops them thinking of them in EoFF?

Venom
04-24-2006, 01:36 AM
You have to be like Mika and get 130 usernotes within 2 days.:cool:

If only I could do that.;_;

Shaun
04-24-2006, 11:34 AM
Regarding Shaun's post - Yes, there are celebrities at EoFF. A celebrity is someone that is famous. An EoFF celebrity is someone who is famous around the EoFF community. If you don't think they exist, you're terribly ignorant.

I am not terribly ignorant. Tell me, when you see one of these EoFF celebrities, do you think...

*gasp* Wow, [famous user's name] has replied to my post! He said my name! This is a truly FANTASTIC moment!

Okay, that was exaggerated. But the point is, you see these people online every day. You just think, "Oh, it's [famous user's name] posting again..." Celebrities are seriously respected. No one at EoFF is respected to that extent considering we are just communicating by text-based messages. There is no motive to look up to anyone here that highly. Sure, there are great people here, but I'm sure nobody wants this celebrity status, but most importantly: it doesn't exist.

//rant over

NeoCracker
04-24-2006, 12:13 PM
Cid replyed my post to my posts twice in one thread that he himself stared, he said my Laptop was good for being a laptop, so he also complimented me. Top that one.

Loony BoB
04-24-2006, 12:51 PM
Cid gets that kind of response. I've had it done to me before. I get told that I'm intimidating because "you're BoB!" and stuff. If Unne or Snizz or Bleys posts, people have been known to get excited.

Celebrities are not seriously respected. They're just famous. Let's take the dictionary.com definition - it's rather simple: A famous person.

It doesn't say they're respected. It doesn't say that people get excited that someone is in contact with them. It doesn't say that they have to be intimidating or anything of the sort. A celebrity is nothing but a famous person. So no, you're not ignorant, you just didn't understand what a celebrity really is.

If you respect all celebrities and look up to them, then you should really learn to put things into perspective, because celebrities are, for the most part, just ordinary regular people who happen to be famous for their line of work.

NeoCracker
04-24-2006, 01:19 PM
You do realize i was kidding, your post makes it sound like you took my comment seriously.

Loony BoB
04-24-2006, 01:20 PM
I wasn't referring to anyone in specific (such as yourself). I was referring to the fact that whenever Cid posts a thread, people turn it into a 'worship Cid' thread. I've known a few people to get excited because someone they think is really cool quoted them, too.

NeoCracker
04-24-2006, 01:22 PM
sry then, pay no attentin to my previous post.

KoShiatar
04-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Striptease to all the Staff and make love to Loony BoB

Do I really have to? é_è

Lost Number
04-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I get told that I'm intimidating because "you're BoB!" and stuff.

That is because YOU'RE BoB!!!!! I mean, you are like Dick Cheney or whatever...you aren't famous for doin much, just for being there.

Shaun
04-24-2006, 02:26 PM
If you respect all celebrities and look up to them, then you should really learn to put things into perspective, because celebrities are, for the most part, just ordinary regular people who happen to be famous for their line of work.

Um, I hate celebrities. I'm talking about the mainstream population here. They're portayed as gods to the working/middle class youths of this society, and so many people morons follow these celebrities' styles because the media pressures them to. Well, why they do it is beyond me, but they do. They respect them. Maybe it's different in different areas, but right where I am... that's how it is.

Loony BoB
04-24-2006, 02:37 PM
I think hating celebrities is just as bad as loving them, personally.

Shaun
04-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Why's that? Aren't people allowed to deviate? Though, for me, it's not just about deviation; it's about what's right.

Loony BoB
04-24-2006, 02:45 PM
They're allowed to, of course. But I think that it's just as good/bad to say "Oh, I love [person I don't know]" as it is to say "Oh, I hate [person I don't know]". If you don't know them, why bother with them?

Spiffing Cheese
04-24-2006, 02:51 PM
How can you say you hate celebrities? That makes absolutely no sense; you know nothing about them apart from what's printed about them, which is mostly bull/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. Unless you're saying you hate them due to some way that one has treated you, or others, which is also stupid. That's almost like saying you hate Germans because of Hitler.

Shaun
04-24-2006, 02:57 PM
You're both precisely striking gold here, though. Why don't we know much about them? Because they mess their lives up so much that they don't want us to know the real people behind the skin. Models are the ones who annoy me the most. They have zero talent, and expose themselves for a bit of cash and publicity. Why!?

Spiffing Cheese, that is entirely irrelevant. Anyone who hates Germans because of Hitler is a complete moron. Anyone should know of Germany's change since back then. I hate celebrities because of their behaviour, not their image. Their behaviour reinforces their image, but they go around without a care in the world for anything (the majority of them), buying fur coats, or hell, whatever they can buy with their endless wallets...

Raistlin
04-24-2006, 02:58 PM
So all celebrities act the same, then?

Shaun
04-24-2006, 02:59 PM
No, I'm not saying that. I'm sure some of them are different, but many are presented as being similar, simply because nobody knows the real them (and they haven't really tried to change that). I'm sure there are some nice celebrities out there.

Raistlin
04-24-2006, 03:00 PM
No, I'm not saying that. I'm sure some of them are different, but many are presented as being similar, simply because nobody knows the real them (and they haven't really tried to change that). I'm sure there are some nice celebrities out there.
Then you can't dislike celebrities in general, then. You can only dislike the ones you know who are jerks who've screwed up their lives.

Spiffing Cheese
04-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Then you can't dislike celebrities in general, then. You can only dislike the ones you know who are jerks who've screwed up their lives.

Yeah.

Shaun
04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Pssh, fighting a losing battle, am I? ;) I know that many of them don't care for the world in any way. The ones who wear fur coats in particular, gee, I hate them! That's enough for me, personally, not to bother looking into celebrities at all. I don't know about you, but that's me.

DK
04-24-2006, 03:08 PM
If you don't bother looking into them how do you know all this about them? Or are you just generalizing? :p

Raistlin
04-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Pssh, fighting a losing battle, am I? ;) I know that many of them don't care for the world in any way. The ones who wear fur coats in particular, gee, I hate them! That's enough for me, personally, not to bother looking into celebrities at all. I don't know about you, but that's me.
"I don't need a reason to hate them - I just hate them by virtue of their physical appearance on TV."

It doesn't make any sense. If you don't bother looking into them, you shouldn't give a damn about them.

Loony BoB
04-24-2006, 03:15 PM
Celebrities are well known for the "fight against fur". Particularly models.

Also, saying models have zero talent just because they don't take up an office job is also ignorant. Anyone with a high IQ would realise that taking up a job that requires you to get paid large amounts of money for doing very little work while travelling the globe and doing the odd charity stint can't be a completely bad life. Is it stupid to live a good, easy life? Just because someone doesn't work hard doesn't make them stupid. Sure, a lot of models out there might be dumb, but I've seen dumb people in every walk of life and I don't go pinpointing them.

I think you're putting higher expectations on celebrities than other people, Shaun. And once you come down to it, they are just other people.

Shaun
04-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Anyone with a high IQ would realise that taking up a job that requires you to get paid large amounts of money for doing very little work while travelling the globe and doing the odd charity stint can't be a completely bad life. Is it stupid to live a good, easy life? Just because someone doesn't work hard doesn't make them stupid.

The reason why I dislike this in general is that they make money by simply exposing their bodies, whereas others really try hard in life and don't get as far. Who do you think deserves more? A doctor who saves lives, or a model who, er... entertains lives? There's no justice.

Raistlin
04-24-2006, 04:07 PM
The reason why I dislike this in general is that they make money by simply exposing their bodies, whereas others really try hard in life and don't get as far. Who do you think deserves more? A doctor who saves lives, or a model who, er... entertains lives? There's no justice.
Ugh. That argument is so retarded - people deserve what other people are willing to pay them for their services. It's called the free market. You could say that a doctor who does boob jobs isn't worth the 500k/year he makes, but people pay him that. So don't blame the people who make the money - blame the massive amount of people that make that job possible. It's also just ridiculous to dislike a person simply because you don't think his job's worth that much money.

KoShiatar
04-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Ugh. That argument is so retarded - people deserve what other people are willing to pay them for their services. It's called the free market. You could say that a doctor who does boob jobs isn't worth the 500k/year he makes, but people pay him that. So don't blame the people who make the money - blame the massive amount of people that make that job possible. It's also just ridiculous to dislike a person simply because you don't think his job's worth that much money.

You have a point, yet I cannot agree with you. The fact that people are willing to pay a determinate amount of money for a job does not mean that job is worth the money. If it were so, there would be almost no swindlers in this world. I can never think that what Paris Hilton does is worth more than, say, a doctor who saves lives. I even find it immoral. And what some talentless celebrities do can be, in my opinion, defined as a swindle towards common people. Do you think that if people were not o stupid to be interested in them, they would be making any money?

Raistlin
04-24-2006, 05:03 PM
You have a point, yet I cannot agree with you. The fact that people are willing to pay a determinate amount of money for a job does not mean that job is worth the money. If it were so, there would be almost no swindlers in this world. I can never think that what Paris Hilton does is worth more than, say, a doctor who saves lives. I even find it immoral. And what some talentless celebrities do can be, in my opinion, defined as a swindle towards common people. Do you think that if people were not o stupid to be interested in them, they would be making any money?
Again, a ridiculous argument. How do you define "worth?" The way you're defining it is "how much I value it." The only way to objectively define it is "how much, taking everyone into account, is it valued?" Your swindlers analogy is a straw man - swindlers lie about what they're selling.
<i>You</i> may not value what an actor or other celebrity does very much, but evidently a lot of other people do.

EDIT: Actually, it's not even a matter of values. In a celebrities case, it's more like an investment. A actor, in effect, gets paid by every single person in the world that goes to watch his movie, because he gets paid according to how much revenue he'd generate. A doctor, on the other hand, is only paid by the patients in his area. More people "make use" of an actor, because a movie generates more revenue than a single doctor. But again, why does it matter to you what someone else is making?

KoShiatar
04-24-2006, 05:15 PM
It's on the parameters we use to define what's "worth" that we don't agree. What's "worth" in my system of values is not what most people appreciate. It's what's is more useful, gives more emotion, spreads more universally positive values and so on. Of course, I'm talking about a worth that can't be valued in terms of money here, because most of the times people take it for granted or aren't willing to pay for it. And many could disagree with me, like you do. But this is my opinion.

Raistlin
04-24-2006, 05:22 PM
It's on the parameters we use to define what's "worth" that we don't agree. What's "worth" in my system of values is not what most people appreciate. It's what's is more useful, gives more emotion, spreads more universally positive values and so on. Of course, I'm talking about a worth that can't be valued in terms of money here, because most of the times people take it for granted or aren't willing to pay for it. And many could disagree with me, like you do. But this is my opinion.
Any value without a concrete application (i.e., money) is not objective. You're just restating the premise "what I personally value more." "Useful" presupposes the question - to whom and for what? It's subjective. Emotion is obviously subjective. "Universally positive values" is something nonexistant; it depends on your personal idea of "positive."

Ok, let's use your definition. A single actor touches far more peoples' lives than a single doctor, therefore "spreads more emotion" goes to the actor. A single responsible athlete can spread more "universally positive values" (of which there are no such thing, but that's another subject) than a single doctor, therefore that point goes to the athlete.

Old Manus
04-24-2006, 05:24 PM
We need Eyes on The World back.

Dignified Pauper
04-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Let's ban Old Manus for proposing such ridiculously and radically great ideas.

Old Manus
04-24-2006, 07:57 PM
This may fail

Anaisa
04-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Celebrities are well known for the "fight against fur". Particularly models. Celebrities are also well known for wearing fur. Many models who join these campaigns will later go on to wear fur down the catwalk. They'll jump on whatever bandwagon they can if they think it makes them look good at the time, or/and a lot of money can be made from it.

Also, saying models have zero talent just because they don't take up an office job is also ignorant. Anyone with a high IQ would realise that taking up a job that requires you to get paid large amounts of money for doing very little work while travelling the globe and doing the odd charity stint can't be a completely bad life. Is it stupid to live a good, easy life? Just because someone doesn't work hard doesn't make them stupid. Sure, a lot of models out there might be dumb, but I've seen dumb people in every walk of life and I don't go pinpointing them.Being a model doesn't mean you're dumb. But depending on what work a model does they will take money to advertise products they don't use. Which I personally think is very tacky. And models that bare alot of flesh are supporting the exploitation of women.

Rye
04-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Is it so preposterous to think that people should just be themselves?

Ramza Beoulve
04-24-2006, 10:00 PM
...umm...... maybe?

themagicroundabout
04-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Maybe if I post twice in this thread then my celebrity points will be increased. :excited:

NeoCracker
04-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Such thoughts are blasphemous.

Venom
04-24-2006, 11:35 PM

....Yes, yes it is.

Madame Adequate
04-25-2006, 04:44 AM
I have no particular problem with celebrities, but I don't much care for people who practically worship them. It's their own business, of course, but it just seems counterproductive to me, not to mention somewhat insulting to people who you actually know and have done good stuff themselves.

Jack
04-26-2006, 12:13 AM
I don't think its fair to hate anyone because of what they are.

P.S: Is there a celebrity at EoFF?

P.S.S: I've noted that this will probably be the last post in a dying topic.

Skarr
04-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Wow...I just saw this thread...I wounder why???

Monster Hunt
04-26-2006, 05:14 AM
Thread Killers aren't very popular...

black orb
04-26-2006, 05:52 AM
P.S: Is there a celebrity at EoFF?
>>> Want a eoff celebrity? here is one (http://www.eyesonff.com/members/album/SpacemanSpiff)..

boris no no
04-26-2006, 09:19 AM
Losing to Psy at Tekken...twice...also seems to work.

Actually three times 'cause I won this bout by default, as you didn't even show up. :cool:
I hate you Psy :mad2:

faster skating penguin
04-27-2006, 12:17 AM
being me, i say that's a sure bet

Dignified Pauper
04-27-2006, 12:19 AM
Answer 3: Sleep with Cid's Knights or Site Staff.

Monster Hunt
04-27-2006, 04:34 AM
How about if you're too young to do that?

theundeadhero
04-27-2006, 04:48 AM
Then you're to young to be a celebrity around here, or something.

Markus. D
04-27-2006, 07:01 AM
#eoff >_>

edczxcvbnm
04-27-2006, 07:17 AM
Be a huge jerk to everyone. It worked for me!

Perducci
04-29-2006, 01:00 AM
I have yet to descover the secret of EoFF fame. :/

Levian
04-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Bringing back old threads is always a hit.

Anyway, a good way to become celebrity is to eat gross vegetables every day.

Perducci
04-29-2006, 01:21 AM
I eat many gross vegitables a day!

Does this make me more famous? :P

Levian
04-29-2006, 01:24 AM
Yes, you're getting more and more famous by the minute. Try eating dried watermelons. It will increase your fame in the FF:Advent Children forum.

Giga Guess
05-03-2006, 12:56 AM
Generally eith having a "thing," or being banned does it.