PDA

View Full Version : The definitive Final Fantasy Logo/Symbol

feioncastor
04-22-2006, 08:10 AM
I'm getting two tatoos this year. On my left delt, I'm getting Megaman, in shooting (or maybe jupming) position. But on my right, I need something that says Final Fantasy.

But it has to be simple.

I was thinking about getting the Buster Sword, but that really only applies to FF7, and I want something more broad. Then I thought "Chocobo", but I doubt anyone will recognize it as being specifically a chocobo. You know, like the Buster Sword is unmistakeable. But a chocobo... Well, no one would stop me at the grocery store to comment on the awesomeness because they wouldn't be certain that it was a chocobo.

So what about a moogle? I know they weren't in that many FF games, but I think they are unique enough so that they don't resemble anything else. I don't really know of anything else. You could say an Airship, but the Highwind looks way different than the Falcon or the Enterprise or the one from FF1.

Can anyone else think of a simple picture that would define Final Fantasy?

FF and MM are my two favorite game series. So I figured I'd get them done in ink on my arms. Megman was easy to decide.

So I could use a little help with FF...

Zeromus_X
04-22-2006, 08:57 AM
One of the logos for a tattoo? Well, I guess that III's logo would look pretty awesome. But for something simple, FFVII's Meteor or FFIX's Crystal would be pretty cool too. :cat: I guess...I'm not really into tattoos, but I'd think that one of those would look pretty cool.

ljkkjlcm9
04-22-2006, 04:31 PM
I'd get Final Fantasy written as it was on the orginal box, because really that's the only true thing in common
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/1193/jpeg/ff1us.jpg

or like an 8-bit fighter/blackmage

THE JACKEL

dodhungry
04-24-2006, 06:35 AM
If it were me I would have pac man and kirby but.... lol

hmm generic final fantasy.. A black mage would look cool, is simple, and is fairly reconizable in standing for the FF series

Necronopticous
04-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Sabotender is a good selection, I think.

DeathKnight
04-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Why not buy a t-shirt/shirt with the Final Fantasy logo instead???:eep:

feioncastor
05-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Sabotender is a good selection, I think.
See, I don't even know what that is, so it can't be that definitive of a FF logo consider that I've played 7 of them all the way through and still haven't heard of that.

Why not buy a t-shirt/shirt with the Final Fantasy logo instead???

Because I like FF games that much that I'm willing to get it carved beneath my skin.

I'm liking the 8-bit fighter or black mage idea.

Miriel
05-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Get the words AERIS LIVES written across your chest. And everytime someone asks you about tattoos, rip open your shirt and start screamin, "AEERRRIIIS LIIIIVES!"

:)

Markus. D
05-04-2006, 10:52 AM
how about "EOFF" or... "Eizon U"

crazybayman
05-04-2006, 12:03 PM
haha.....smart thinking in not getting a chocobo

Everyone will be like:
People: "Dude, why do you have a tatoo of a chicken?"
You: "ITS NOT A CHICKEN, ITS A CHOCOBO!!!!!"
People: "A what?"
You: "A CHO-CO-BO!!!!"
People: "Whatever. I still say its a chicken."
You: *sigh*

Seriously though, Ultima Weapon might be a good idea, as its common to FFVII - FFX.

It would look teh awesomenezz.

Or perhaps a sequence of the different swords - Like the buster sword, gunblade, the ogre, and the brotherhood arranged somehow. Maybe in a circle like in the ending of Advent Children, when Cloud uses his limit break (finishing move) to cream Sephiroth. Cloud's swords were arranged in a circle around Sephiroth.

Or perhaps two swords crossed, just like the sword and the axe on the cover of the original Final Fantasy packaging. I personally would go with the buster sword and either the gunblade or brotherhood. Or even a weapon from the 1st or 2nd generation games.

LunarWeaver
05-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Get the Judge from FF12's logo, because it is enormous and will require your entire body.

Slothy
05-04-2006, 10:10 PM
So what about a moogle? I know they weren't in that many FF games, but I think they are unique enough so that they don't resemble anything else. I don't really know of anything else.

You know, they were in FF5-10 in some form or another. Everything from playable characters to playing cards. I see no problem in going with a moogle. It's something that says FF without pointing to a specific game.

Other than that though, I like the suggestion for FF9's crystal, or you could go with the specific logo from you favorite FF if the artist can do it. Geting Final Fantasy in Japanese lettering might be good too, but you want to check and double check the design before anything permanent happens.

rubah
05-04-2006, 10:34 PM
mog ftw

XxSephirothxX
05-04-2006, 11:33 PM
If you want a character, go for a Moogle. Otherwise just pick the words "Final Fantasy" in the classic font and get one of the logo's behind it.

FallenAngel411
05-04-2006, 11:46 PM
I vote moogle! With the word 'kupo' floating over its antenna. :3

Nick Schovitz
05-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Gosh ypu're that obsessedwith FF? well get all the main characters from I-X on your arm and the name Final Fantasy on top of it, if not just have the classic logo on your arm or chest.

Necronopticous
05-05-2006, 01:03 AM
See, I don't even know what that is, so it can't be that definitive of a FF logo consider that I've played 7 of them all the way through and still haven't heard of that.Sabotender == Cactrot == Cactuar

Skarr
05-05-2006, 01:06 AM
You learn a new word everyday. :p

rubah
05-06-2006, 12:57 AM
Gosh ypu're that obsessedwith FF? well get all the main characters from I-X on your arm and the name Final Fantasy on top of it, if not just have the classic logo on your arm or chest.
Who would he pick for 1, 3, and 6?

feioncastor
05-07-2006, 02:31 AM
Who would he pick for 1, 3, and 6?
Quoted for truth! Heh, hooray for FF6.

Markus. D
05-08-2006, 06:23 PM
FFVII fan eh...

maybe the Meteor?

feioncastor
05-08-2006, 07:29 PM
Heh, actually, of the FFs that I've played in their entirity, FF7 is one of my least favorite. FF7 is still one of my favorite games ever, but I like 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and Tactics more than 7.

Necronopticous
05-08-2006, 07:34 PM
I still think sabotender is the best choice.

feioncastor
05-09-2006, 06:08 AM
In what game are they called Sabotenders? I've never seen that word prior to this discussion.

Necronopticous
05-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Sabotender is the romanization of what Cactuar are originally called in the Japanese versions of Final Fantasy. The name is roughly a shortened and cutesy play on "Cactus Pretender."

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-09-2006, 06:56 AM
It makes more sense if you know that saboten is the Japanese word for cactus.

Ramza Beoulve
05-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Yeah, use a cactuar or a BLACK MAGE, the black mages are more common n.n

Lexy
05-12-2006, 05:40 AM
I'd definitely go for a fighter from I- I think it would compliment the Megaman one you're getting really well (as I'm imagining it), and also it is probably as characteristically FF as you can get. It just seems to me that they should match- I don't think it would make sense to get the image of Megaman on one arm and the words 'Final Fantasy' on the other like some people are suggesting.
I also like the idea of the buster sword.
And I think it's awesome you're getting an FF tattoo! I would too if I had the guts!

ChocoKid21
05-13-2006, 04:22 AM
How about...the Garden symbol from FFVIII? The black and white thing on the guide book?

That's a little big though, BUT, I was also thinking you could find the art design for the logo off your favorite game in the series and just get the picture for the logo and the words "Final Fantasy" instead of "Final Fantasy _____"

KoShiatar
05-13-2006, 09:07 AM
I'd get Kain (FF IV logo) from the original Amano picture. Totally awesome. Or just the writing in classic fonts. But, hum, I'd be more quiet with videogames tattoos. Are you sure you'll still want them in 15 years?

DoaJ
05-19-2006, 03:35 PM
I'd definiatley go with either Cactuar or a black mage, seriously. Also...*cough*tonberry*cough* That'd be sweet....any of those twooo.....*three*