PDA

View Full Version : Why can't you double cast wht magic??

Night_Blade
04-22-2006, 02:31 PM
i think it's stupid. wht magic can be used as a weapon too. i.e holy, curing moves on zombie fiends etc.

Mirage
04-22-2006, 03:37 PM
I've asked myself the same question. It really is stupid.

Night_Blade
04-22-2006, 04:47 PM
i guess that holy is a rather strong atk. my yuna can hit around 13,000 with it so 2 of them could hit up to 30.000

Mirage
04-22-2006, 04:51 PM
And flare and ultima aren't?

Carmilla
04-22-2006, 06:04 PM
Im guessing you cant double cast white because of the healing spells.

All of the cure and life spells are single cast/single target.
If you could double cast than you can save 2 characters a round instead of one.

That would make the game way too easy... as if it wasnt easy enough. :choc2:

rubah
04-22-2006, 06:22 PM
Because the white magic version of doublecast is Triple Cast, if you'll remember correctly.

Dell
04-22-2006, 06:28 PM
I want to doublecast it too but It will make things very easy like that.
I think Holy is stronger than Ultima like my stat:
Approximately
Holy does: 70000
Ultima does: 50000

I guess that's why they give doublecast for Black Magic so that Ultima can do more damage than Holy plus Ultima cannot be reflected.

4evarisha
04-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Well it is because doublecast is only for black magic and you can use mix to kind of cast two white magic by mixing two healing items.

Tavrobel
04-22-2006, 09:33 PM
I want to doublecast it too but It will make things very easy like that.
I think Holy is stronger than Ultima like my stat:
Approximately
Holy does: 70000
Ultima does: 50000

I guess that's why they give doublecast for Black Magic so that Ultima can do more damage than Holy plus Ultima cannot be reflected.

In addition, Ultima is non-elemental, and non-physical, which means it hits all enemies, always, and cannot be reflected, only reduced by Shell. It was MADE for attack, and if you notice, Ultima doesn't have a long cooldown rate, even if it is different than a normal attack. Ultima also stacks if there is only one enemy, so if you cast Ultima on two enemies, the result for both will be different/lower than the attack damage for Ultima versus one opponent. Holy doesn't have such a stacking ability, since it targets one, and only one.

Holy on the other hand, is Holy elemental, which does Holy Element damage, which explains why some enemies are weak to it, and some enemies can absorb it. Particularly Zombies, but not by much enough to notice, if at all. White Mages only have it because

A) it gives them a turn to do something instead of just parrying and doing nothing, or wasting MPat higher levels
B) in FFIIIj, White Mages were made especially for killing Zombies, and Holy first appears in FFIIIj, a Zombie killing attack, (excluding the W.Slayer for the Red Mage), doesn't do a whole lot of damage otherwise
C) there is a rather large penalty for using Holy, its cooldown rate is terrible, to counteract Yuna being the second fastest character in the game (she is, don't argue)

Also, DoubleCasting Auto-Life and Curaga? That's not rigged at all?

4evarisha
04-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Right so thats why

Night_Blade
04-24-2006, 05:57 PM
well to cast full life twice would of of saved me hours of fighting hard to kill bosses.

rubah
04-24-2006, 11:31 PM
So would've levelling for those hours.

Night_Blade
04-25-2006, 08:22 PM
i did for seymour 2 to teach rikku reflect. i use the expert grid.

~SapphireStar~
05-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Wouldnt it make battles far too easier? Its better that way.

Dark Paladin
05-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Yesterday, i got Yuna with all of the white magics and the i saw double cast and i thought, 'OOO!' and when i went and got it i found that i couldn't use it with white magic. I was so angry. :mad2:

ScottNUMBERS
05-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Auto-life is the reason.