PDA

View Full Version : Is the director retarded? (Spoilers)

bwave
04-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I was reading an interview with the director of AC. It was in electronic gaming monthly, I believe from october.

At the way end of the interview, the guy asking the question asks "Why did you choose to add an epilogue, and why is it 500 years later?", and the director responds, "I believe that the ending is a happy ending for final fantasy 7. That is, if you consider every human dying to be a happy ending..." I dont have the magazine on hand right now, but it was something like that.

When I read this, I was pissed that he had just given away the ending without any kind of spoiler warning, but I just saw the movie, and there wasnt an epilogue. The kids lost geostigma, and the humans didnt go extinct. Why did the director say that if it wasnt true? He had me all freaked out. Does anyone have this interview?
I got the international version of advent children. Is there an epilogue that I havent heard of? Its not on my dvd.

Swifthom
04-23-2006, 12:12 AM
maybe he's talking about the game which ends with said epilogue...

Also, the film begins with said epilogue.

Jack
04-26-2006, 12:27 AM
They're talking about the 500 year thing at the end of the game. They kept it in this one as well, and they were talking about that.

I'll tell you thing, it wasn't the director being retarded.

Ballistix Man
04-26-2006, 02:18 AM
I was reading an interview with the director of AC. It was in electronic gaming monthly, I believe from october.

At the way end of the interview, the guy asking the question asks "Why did you choose to add an epilogue, and why is it 500 years later?", and the director responds, "I believe that the ending is a happy ending for final fantasy 7. That is, if you consider every human dying to be a happy ending..." I dont have the magazine on hand right now, but it was something like that.

When I read this, I was pissed that he had just given away the ending without any kind of spoiler warning, but I just saw the movie, and there wasnt an epilogue. The kids lost geostigma, and the humans didnt go extinct. Why did the director say that if it wasnt true? He had me all freaked out. Does anyone have this interview?
I got the international version of advent children. Is there an epilogue that I havent heard of? Its not on my dvd.
That is nto the ending to the movie. All that is known is that Midgar is gone 498 years after AC.

FallenAngel411
04-26-2006, 04:28 AM
I personally think people are still alive...just not in Midgar. There is a whole world out there besides that city.

crazybayman
04-26-2006, 12:09 PM
I personally think people are still alive...just not in Midgar. There is a whole world out there besides that city.
There ya go

bambaman
04-26-2006, 01:30 PM
you will find at theend of the final fantasy 7 game red is running up the mountains with his youths 500 years later when man kind is wied out a that is the epilogue

Ishin Ookami
04-26-2006, 02:32 PM
First of all, I dont know if Nomura is so much retarded as he has a severe case of ADD. What with his overemphasis on high school level emoting, women modelled after anime barbie dolls, leather and big sword lovin lead characters, and apparent disdain for storytelling in favor of flashy cinematics, it kinda just spells it out. But then again, Ive always considered him a third rate hack next to sakaguchi.

As for the end, it is implied that humanity is kaputski, but never really spelled out. Its an ending that is for everyone to interpret, hence it's effectiveness. If humanity is wiped out, there is a long time for it to happen and its doubtful it happens in clouds generation. the fact that it is 500 years later and RedXIII is returning to midgar to pay tribute to his departed friends speaks that the end of humanity doesnt happen for a long time yet. after about fifty years or so, you'd think the mourning cycle would end.

bambaman
04-27-2006, 12:07 PM
whoa im confused all i care is that the film is the best ff movie ever made ff the spirits within was crap it had no storyline

i wish they would make a third movie equel :)

for those who havent seen the film

the man in the wheelchair is actually president rufas shinra nd not seheroth and he is holding the shinra cells

Markus. D
05-04-2006, 07:02 AM
whoa im confused all i care is that the film is the best ff movie ever made ff the spirits within was crap it had no storyline

[/SPOILER]

*ahem*

Set on Earth in the year 2065, destruction and confusion surround us. Cities are deserted, the population is decimated, and the precious few humans who remain must find a way to survive.

In this world, we face death as we part with our loved ones. We begin to question what "life" and "love" is, and what is the philosophical definition of the "heart". After all in this world, science has analyzed life and death, expressing life as a form of energy.

Beyond the riveting battle scenes, Final Fantasy will take you on a journey of personal discovery into both the real and fantasy worlds, drawing you deep into its characterizations and themes: love, friendship, dreams, adventure, life and death.

Earth is a desolate wasteland in Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. Humanity has been decimated by an invasion of Phantoms, insubstantial aliens that extract and devour the spirits of living things. The few remaining humans have retreated to a handful of cities that are protected by massive bio-energy shields. The beautiful Dr. Aki Ross (voiced by Ming-Na) and her mentor Dr. Sid (Donald Sutherland) have discovered that the energy signatures of eight key Earth spirits can cancel out and destroy the Phantoms. With the help of Captain Edwards (Alec Baldwin) and his band of marines, they must scour the globe for the last two remaining spirits before General Hein (James Woods) manipulates the refugee government into attacking the aliens with an orbital laser that may also destroy the Earth

and dont forget the dreams that Aki has also relates to alot of the plot brining out and such with the spiritual gaia etc...

Setzer Gabianni
05-04-2006, 07:27 AM

i wish they would make a third movie equel :)

for those who havent seen the film

the man in the wheelchair is actually president rufas shinra nd not seheroth and he is holding the shinra cells

I wish people would spell a certain somebody/ies names right, they've been around for years, dont get lazy with spelling.

Best ff movie ever made? There has been two - this and SW. lol. Best ff movie ever made? Yeah..

~Setzer Gabianni

-N-
05-04-2006, 09:01 AM
Yes, he's retarded. So give the guy a break! Retards have it tough, you know.

Russielloyd
05-04-2006, 09:00 PM

Man, that is appalling! Shinra Cells!!? You really didn't pay attention did you?

Go play the game again, this time, PAY ATTENTION!!

Masamune 1600 would have a field day if he read this.

bambaman
05-10-2006, 11:28 AM
i know ive jus read it again its the jenova cells that shinra is holding

Cruise Control
05-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Shinra cells! Your giving me ulcers.