PDA

View Full Version : Finally beat FF X today

Crossblades
04-23-2006, 01:58 AM
Yeah, I finally beat it today and I found the last couple of battles way too easy, but I guess it's because I overpowered my characters. My Tidus and Auron would do at least 12000 with the Caladbolg and Masamune. My Rikku and Kimahri would do 6000 with the Spirit Lance and Godhand(also items with Rikku's "Use" command). Yuna would do 15000 by casting Holy and 30000 when summoning the Magus Sisters with a full Overdrive gauge. And Lulu would always doublecast Ultima which altogether would do 20000. I barely used Wakka. However, I thought the ending was pretty good. Plus, I have full respect for Tidus now. He went from a whining brat to a man. Now I have to buy FF X-2 to see what happens to Yuna:)

Nick Schovitz
04-23-2006, 02:04 AM
Hmm, I didn't bother getting the celestial weapobns until my 2nd time through. Yu Yevon was butt easy right, juast have Auron use Zombie Attack on it and it'll kill itself.

I Took the Red Pill
04-23-2006, 02:04 AM
Congratulations:beer:

To me, X-2 was a disappointment. I know, I know, it's been said thousands of times, no need for everybody to jump on me about that. That's just my opinion, I hope you like it better.

Crossblades
04-23-2006, 02:15 AM
Congratulations:beer:

To me, X-2 was a disappointment. I know, I know, it's been said thousands of times, no need for everybody to jump on me about that. That's just my opinion, I hope you like it better.

Well, Gamestop has it for $15 so I won't spending too much. If it still would've been $50, I probably would've rented it instead

Hmm, I didn't bother getting the celestial weapobns until my 2nd time through.

I didn't get Wakka's weapon. Mostly because I suck at Blitzball. And I didn't even want to do the "Dodge the 200 bolts" quest for the Venus sigil.

Dell
04-23-2006, 12:57 PM
It's better for you to get all Celestial Weapon because if not Yojimbo, Shiva, Ifrit, Ixion and Valefor will be missing their parts. It's not as hard as long as you try. Lulu's Venus Sigil isn't hard to get because there is possibility for that, just Pause when you're tired and continue on until 200 dodges. Wakka is easy as long as you know Blitzball and how to play. If you have done Attack Reels Tournament and Status Reels League, you will take about 1 hour 30 minutes for Auroch Reels and Jupiter Sigil. If you have not do the Attack Reels and Status Reels, you would take about 3 hours.

Don't give up in Blitzball, you can always train.
Kimahri and Tidus is a big challenge but you did it, I'm surprise.
Rikku, Yuna and Auron is easy and I'm not surprise that you get it.

Dr.M
04-24-2006, 01:05 PM
yay! congrates 2 u !!!!:p

crazybayman
04-24-2006, 02:26 PM
The final bosses are easy, if you get the celestial weapons. They're just meant to be somewhat difficult if you just follow the storyline along, and don't do any excess levelling, or celestial weapons sidequest.

Why don't you try the monster arena if you want a challenge :)

Crossblades
04-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Kimahri and Tidus is a big challenge but you did it, I'm surprise.

The Kimahri and tidus challenge is not as hard as people make it out to be, but it's also something that you can't do on your first try either. It's just matter of familiarizing with challenges and think of strategies

Why don't you try the monster arena if you want a challenge :)

Because once I finish a game, I don't touch it for a long time until I feel like playing it again:p

Chlis
04-24-2006, 05:39 PM
grats, im still yet to finish it xD had it since it came out same with ff8 lol

Night_Blade
04-24-2006, 05:41 PM
I BEAT IT YESTODAY!!!!!!!! yu-yevon was easy, a few shining jems on the aeons and holy on yu yevon. using reflect on him will slow the fight down.

Zeromus_X
04-25-2006, 01:00 AM
Yes, Aeons/ Yu Yevon are a pushover, because its a story battle. Not to say Jecht isn't a pushover either. Like FFVII, this game seems to spoil you greatly. (Although the side-quests are kinda annoying.)

Yeah, try out X-2. It pales in comparison to X, but its still okay. (But...the story...is...ugh.) Well, at least see if you like it. :cat:

Necronopticous
04-25-2006, 01:10 AM
Now try it on a harder difficulty (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=50414)!

tenhitcombo
04-25-2006, 03:15 AM
play 10 2 its the best!lol

Yliette
04-28-2006, 06:24 AM
Think Jecht and Yu Yevon were easy? Wait til you take on Penance.