PDA

View Full Version : Finding Vincent

Curucar
04-23-2006, 02:55 AM
I'm still just a horrible FFVII n00b but all of my friends seem to have played the game. At the moment, I'm trying to get Vincent; I've gone through finding the clues, got the numbers, etc. I enter in the numbers in the correct order and direction into the safe, and get the 'fail' message every time. Advice? I have no idea what's going on...

Crossblades
04-23-2006, 03:08 AM
When entering the combination, make sure you don't go past any number you're supposed to enter or it won't work. When you do enter the combination, you'll fight a boss named Lost Number. After you beat him, you'll get a basement key(which is essential for acquring Vincent) and a Odin Materia. The rest should be pretty straightforward.:)

Curucar
04-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Ah. That would probably be it- I keep on going past the numbers (none of the cheat sheets that I've read said that). Much thanks! *runs off to try after the Philly/Buffalo game is over*

boys from the dwarf
04-23-2006, 09:29 AM
and also make sure to press the confirm button (default circle button.) of you get to each number or else nothing will happen. both what crossblades and i said are easy mistakes to make.

Curucar
04-26-2006, 12:46 AM
One last question: Any tips on how to beat the boss guy? A guide that I read online said to just use magic or physical attacks until he splits down to one face/body, so I do that, and then near the end, he always squashes everybody in my party. =_=

Dreamer
04-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Make sure all in youre party ara alraedy charged on limit and have one person cure all as much as possible.

DarkLord
04-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Tell you how to make that boss real easy... Do what I did first time round and do it on disc three!

boys from the dwarf
04-28-2006, 04:59 PM
save all of your best attacks limit breaks and summons for the end part if your having trouble with that. i was lucky enough to stun him with cross slash for half of the battle including most of the hard parts but that was just good luck and i wouldnt count on it working.