PDA

View Full Version : So my PS2 has decided to quit working...

LunarWeaver
04-23-2006, 04:49 AM
And this is the second time this has happened! I had to get a brand new one 2 years ago and it's already stopped working again...

When I try to run a game it makes this weird grinding noise that sounds like two gears mated with grizzly bears and then decided to have their children fight.

I take excessively good care of my things... I have it horizontal not vertical, it isn't dusty, it's never been dropped or mistreated, it's barely even been moved period, the games I put in are not scratchy or smudged, and no children even get to look at it because everyone age 12 and below breaks everything electronic they come within 10 feet of.

I don't really use it excessively, in fact my brother uses his MORE and he's still on his original ps2!! That's like 5 years old! So why is this happening to me again?

Does anyone know why this happens? Is there a way to fix it or am I destined to purchasing (another...a 3rd -_-) ps2?

Rengori
04-23-2006, 06:06 AM
Oh the irony. Is it the old model or the slim line version?

Samuraid
04-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Unless it needs internal cleaning, there's probably not a lot you can do besides getting it serviced or buying a new machine.

Dreddz
04-23-2006, 01:19 PM
If its just DRE's, then it can be easily fixed by you. If it isnt, go and get it fixed else where.

Fonzie
04-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Its the gears inside. Take it apart with carefulness and you'll see little gears. Get a cue-tip and some WD-40 and put it on the cue-tip and rub the gears. I have the guide to fix mine, put it would take forever to type it.