PDA

View Full Version : Celestial Weapons. Are they really worth the effort??

Jesta
04-23-2006, 12:12 PM
getting some of the crests and sigils takes a lot of effort and time. like Lulus' - dodge 200 lightning bolts in a row. is gitting this really worth the effort.

i think the only really "valuable one" i Yuna's Nirvana which makes all white magic cost 1 MP.

what do you guys/girls think??

Levian
04-23-2006, 12:30 PM
No, it's not worth it. Just customize your own weapon for Lulu.

Dell
04-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Yeah, it' not worth it for Lulu only. Onion Knight is not useful for Lulu since Celestial Weapon only ignore Defense not Magic Defense, but I suggest you do the dodging lightning stuff and get something extra-cute for your Shiva. Do the Chocobo stuff and Blitzball for Tidus and Wakka Celestial Weapon which allow them to do 99999 damage with Blitz Ace and Attack Reels. Do the Cactuar Village for Gillionaire. I don't suggest Masamune but First Strike is brilliant and it power-up Yojimbo. Kimahri isn't really worth it because he is weak but he's my favourite character so I do it. Yuna is not important but for Aeons, you have to do that.

Endless Twilight say, customize:
For LULU
Break Damage Limit (60 Dark Matter)
Magic Booster (30 Turbo Ether)
One MP Cost (Three Star, don't know how many)
Magic 20% (1 Mana Tonic)(I don't know if it Mana Tonic, I keep thinking of Supreme Gem)

rubah
04-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Lightning dodging isn't too difficult if you do it with a friend around to help you relax. You seriously can do it in twenty minutes by dodging about forty or fifty, pausing, talking and laughing and chilling, then dodging forty or fifty more, repeating until you get to 200.

If you don't have a friend there, you just stay tensed up and your reflexes go to crap.

I'd say it's worth it for kimarhi (just memorization), yuna (you already have it!), auron (monster capturing is something you need to do anyways), rikku (cactuars are cute8)), and wakka if you play blitzball anyways.

note that I've never gotten tidus's 8)

Necronopticous
04-23-2006, 05:09 PM
It is worth it because there is no way to customize weapons that are as powerful as your celestial weapons, not even close. Sure you can copy all of their customizable benefits but there is no way to imbue a regular weapon with the "ultima weapon" effect, where the strength of each hit depends on the condition of your character's HP. Trust me, I've done thorough investigation and experimentation. The celestial weapons are undoubtedly the best weapons in the game for each character.

Plus, getting the sigils and crests really aren't very difficult, you can get them all in a day easily. Re-writing the spheregrid to eliminate +1, +2, +3, +200, etc. That takes dedication.

Crossblades
04-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Tidus's, Kimahri's and Auron's weapons are worth the effort because of Triple Overdrive and the Break HP limit. Rikku's as well because of the double AP. I never got Wakka's because I suck at blitzball

rubah
04-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Plus, getting the sigils and crests really aren't very difficult, you can get them all in a day easily. Re-writing the spheregrid to eliminate +1, +2, +3, +200, etc. That takes dedication.
It's a lot more fun though.

Rhi
04-23-2006, 06:33 PM
i think they're definately worth it, you challenge yourself to get them (which is always fun :D) and then you get awesome weapons at the end that make training soooooooooooo much easier ( i only have 2 complete celestial wepons though...or was it 4? let's say 3 :) )

4evarisha
04-23-2006, 06:52 PM
I dont know i havent got it yet

Jesta
04-24-2006, 08:01 AM

Yeah i've completed the spheregrid so many times i could almost tell you where everything is.jokes..(i need a life.)

i just find it really boring getting them, and not that challenging. well Wakka's is cauze i don't lke blitzball, but hey, thats me.
its not really the difficulty of getting them i'm concerned with. its weather or not they are worth getting. i've got them all,(with some friends help) but i find i prefer to use "weaker" weapons, and make a fight last longer and its more thrilling than just doing uber amounts of damage and killing them quickly.

crazybayman
04-24-2006, 11:59 AM
They're all worth it, except for Lulu's Venus Sigil, and Kimarhi's Saturn Sigil.

I nearly had a stoke from frustration while doing the butterfly catcher.

Dell
04-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Personally, I think all of them is worth it (eventhough my first post saying Lulu's not worth it). They power-up Aeons which is useful. Even

Lulu and Kimahri weapon is useful and doing the sigil is woth it.
Their attack really become strong and they break the damage limit. They power-up Ixion and Shiva. I did 99999 damage with Lulu's Ultima and Kimahri physical attack hit about 40000 damage now.

All of the weapon is worth it.

Leen-Leen
04-24-2006, 08:00 PM
I think Yuna's Nirvana and Auron's Masamune really helped out in the end of the game, I hadn't gotten the other celestial weapons yet but with the Nirvana and Masamune the final bosses were pretty easy with them ... though the bosses are probably pretty easy without them, maybe. :p

Jesta
04-25-2006, 09:29 AM
I think Yuna's Nirvana and Auron's Masamune really helped out in the end of the game, I hadn't gotten the other celestial weapons yet but with the Nirvana and Masamune the final bosses were pretty easy with them ... though the bosses are probably pretty easy without them, maybe. :p

yeah Yunas' and Aurons' celestial weapons are the only ones i really use or can either be bothered to get.

Dark Paladin
04-25-2006, 06:31 PM
I think its worth it. If you customized you'd have to use loads of far to cool items on the weapon and then they're still not as good as when you have the celestial weapons with all upgrades. I find that all you need is patience.

Night_Blade
04-25-2006, 08:27 PM
getting some of the crests and sigils takes a lot of effort and time. like Lulus' - dodge 200 lightning bolts in a row. is gitting this really worth the effort.

i think the only really "valuable one" i Yuna's Nirvana which makes all white magic cost 1 MP.

what do you guys/girls think??

i got a wep with 1 mp cost before i got her wep. i also have aurons wep too.

Dell
04-26-2006, 04:28 PM
i got a wep with 1 mp cost before i got her wep. i also have aurons wep too.

But that weapon don't have Double AP, Triple Overdrive and Break Damage Limit.

nomis89
04-26-2006, 04:37 PM
you should uppgrade all celestial weapon's to get break dammage limit on all your aeons. for each weapon fulle powerd up another aeon gets break hp limit: ex valefor,ifrit

rubah
04-26-2006, 11:37 PM
I think ifrit is the only I have that doesn't do more than 9999 damage xD He=tidus, right?

Neo_Bahamut
04-27-2006, 02:42 PM
You need wakkas weapon maximized so that Ifrit can do more than 9999...

TheSpoonyBard
04-27-2006, 02:56 PM
for each weapon fulle powerd up another aeon gets break hp limit: ex valefor,ifrit
To get BDL for the aeons you only need to upgrade the weapon with the crest. The aeons have BHPL naturally, you don't need to upgrade the weapons with the sigils to activate it.

Here's how the weapons correspond to the aeons

Valefor - Yuna's Nirvana
Ifrit - Wakka's World Champion
Ixion - Kimahri's Spirit Lance
Shiva - Lulu's Onion Knight
Bahamut - no weapon needed
Yojimbo - Auron's Masamune
Anima - no weapon needed
Magus Sisters - no weapon needed

Tidus' Caladbolg and Rikku's Godhand have no effect on the aeons.

I tend to get all the sigils except Lulu's. As vivi_ultima mentioned in the third post, I always customise a magic-only weapon for her.

fire_of_avalon
04-27-2006, 04:45 PM
While I'm not currently working on my master save for this game, the most frustrating sigil for me has been Kimarhi's. I know it's just memorization, and I DO memorize which butterflies are which, but they just run into you sometimes and ARG.

Kyros
04-27-2006, 08:58 PM
I would say it's worth it for every person with break damage limit ^^ By the end of every FF game I find myself with millions of gil that I will never spend. If you have someone with break damage limit and coin toss, you can deal 99,999 to the enemy by throwing that much gill at them. Otherwise this damage is hard to pull off unless you have Yuna summon something or your characters have gotten insanely high stats.

farplaner
04-30-2006, 11:18 AM
Well, it isn't necessary to have all of the ultimate weapons powered up to beat the game, but I do it just as a matter of course. If you want to beat nemesis (and although I have the US version, according to what I have heard about the dark aeons) you will need at least some of the ultimate weapons...I was going to say a lot more but I am drunk and tired so nevermind... (hiccup)

Nifleheim7
04-30-2006, 11:55 AM
If you have the international version,yes it is worth it...

Vaprice
04-30-2006, 05:20 PM
I think if you wanna be uber and pwn everyone then yes.

Jesta
05-01-2006, 01:17 PM

but then where is the fun in the battle... nothing would be difficult, no real skill involved in the battle, just come up the boss and pwn them into dust, or pyreflies...(lol)

ScottNUMBERS
05-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Yes, the celestial weapons are significantly better than anything you can customise.

Dell
05-02-2006, 05:25 PM

but then where is the fun in the battle... nothing would be difficult, no real skill involved in the battle, just come up the boss and pwn them into dust, or pyreflies...(lol)

Celestial weapon don't deal 99999 damage right after you get it, you need to have very high stat for 99999 damage, Monster Arena is still challenging even if you get all celestial weapon.

Well, nothing ever challenging if you use Zanmato.

crazybayman
05-02-2006, 05:55 PM
While I'm not currently working on my master save for this game, the most frustrating sigil for me has been Kimarhi's. I know it's just memorization, and I DO memorize which butterflies are which, but they just run into you sometimes and ARG.
I know. It nearly gives me a stroke each time.

Jesta
05-05-2006, 08:57 AM

Celestial weapon don't deal 99999 damage right after you get it, you need to have very high stat for 99999 damage, Monster Arena is still challenging even if you get all celestial weapon.

Well, nothing ever challenging if you use Zanmato.

i have never used zanmato so i don't know what it does.

i smashed the monster arena without aeons or the celestial weapons. thats why i started this topic, are the clestial weapons really worth it.

farplaner
05-07-2006, 07:48 AM
i smashed the monster arena without aeons or the celestial weapons. thats why i started this topic, are the clestial weapons really worth it.

So you beat nemesis dealing 9,999 damage?? - or I guess you customized BDL on some of your weapons...otherwise, you must be joking...

Jesta
05-07-2006, 11:34 AM

So you beat nemesis dealing 9,999 damage?? - or I guess you customized BDL on some of your weapons...otherwise, you must be joking...

actually i'm not joking! it may sound like uber b/s but myself and a mate stayed up beating the arena. it took us all night cause there were some really long battles and a few million coffee breaks but we eventually beat them all.

only Auron had BDL and we tried not to use him. we find that the battles are more fun the weaker your character is in relation to the boss. although i wouldn't go up to Penance if i was only hitting 9,999 damage, THAT would be blatenet suicide.

seriously try some fights with weaker characters, it makes the game that much more interesting trying to beat high level bosses with low level stats!!!

TheSpoonyBard
05-07-2006, 01:03 PM
I guess you've never heard of the various NSG challenges.

Sjorn
05-07-2006, 06:17 PM
They're worth it if you want to beat the Dark Aeons... :p

Iceglow
05-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh and don't forget nemesis and pennance, if you wanna kick either of their asses I found that celestial weapons aren't just a pretty option they're a must.

Also Rubah I did a file with that on the sphere grid combine it with getting EVERYTHING maxed out so if I could have 99 of it I had 99 of it my file was over 500 hours worth of game play.

A very rare occasion if you max out the sphere grid before taking on the dark aeons is that if you have luck 255 on a character they may survive the dark bahamuts mega flare. Might in full caps lock here cause I tried it 20 or so times to confirm the odds after doing it once and it only happened that one time that I survived it with Rikku crouched on 12 hp cue one mega phoenix.

rubah
05-07-2006, 07:49 PM
99 of what?