PDA

View Full Version : Firefox problem

theundeadhero
04-23-2006, 04:34 PM
My Firefox just suddenly doesn't work. I was browsing around the internet then it started to not read pages like it had no connection. It's not too uncommmon for Comcast around here to do that lately so I let it sit for a while. Eventually I realized that it wasn't my internet not working. I can use IE, but Firefox gets the cannot load page.

Dreddz
04-23-2006, 04:46 PM
This happened to me recently. I just quit Firefox and started it up again to solve the problem. It dosent happen so frequently so it dosent bother me that much.

rubah
04-23-2006, 06:23 PM
The first thing to try would be to uninstall then reinstall it. The uninstalling part is critical because firefox sometimes has troubles when it's installed over an old version.

Samuraid
04-24-2006, 01:20 AM
Also check to make sure you do not have any software firewall that is blocking FireFox.

theundeadhero
04-25-2006, 04:47 AM
It's nothing so simple as restarting firefox. Firefox doesn't like to uninstall so well either. I've tried using it's uninstall command, using add/remove in control panel, and then after that searching for Firefox problems and deleting them all. Everytime after I reinstall it my thems and booksmarks are still there and it's still not working. No new firewalls are blocking it and it always worked before suddenly freaking out. Still no luck :(

XxSephirothxX
04-25-2006, 12:00 PM
Have you tried posting on the Mozilla forums? I had trouble once after I'd reinstalled Windows and the people on their forum were quite helpful and knowledgable. ;)

crono_logical
04-25-2006, 06:51 PM
I don't think uninstalling Firefox removes the saved settings for each individual user, which is hidden somewhere in the user's Documents and Settings folder - you'll have to delete that to get rid of bookmarks/plugins/other personalised stuff for the browser :p

Speaking of plugins, did you try running Firefox in Safe Mode from the Start Menu? Might be some plugin not playing nice, so that will disable them for the session so you can compare :p

theundeadhero
04-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of 1.5 before the recent .2 upgrade?

crono_logical
04-30-2006, 05:58 PM
http://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/

theundeadhero
04-30-2006, 11:57 PM
1.5 works. It's strange. Firewall settings wouldn't fix it. Deleting FF along with my profile and then reinstalling it wouldn't fix it. Anything from the FF website wouldn't fix it, but 1.5 works :confused: At least I can use it now.

Samuraid
05-01-2006, 07:30 AM
I would bet it had something to do with a plugin you were running. (Such as an outdated version of adblock, or something along those lines)

crono_logical
05-01-2006, 01:17 PM
I guess he never tried Safe Mode Firefox then :p

theundeadhero
05-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Oh, I did. It didn't work either.