PDA

View Full Version : FFVIII Planet

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-23-2006, 05:34 PM
I was wondering does anybody know the name of Squall's planet I mean Zidane's planet is called Gaia Tidus's planet is called Spira what's Squall's planet called?:tonberry:

YTDN
04-23-2006, 05:56 PM
it isn't.

Zeromus_X
04-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Earth? :cat: :confused:

McLovin'
04-23-2006, 07:13 PM
All the Final Fantasies take place on Gaia (Gaea?)

All except FFX and X-2 which take place in Spira.

Think about it. Look at the maps of each FF. They're all similar. They just move to the east.

Look:

This one starts off with everything in the middleish:

http://ffonline.com/1_ff6gfx/map-wob.gif

But then the left peninsula breaks off and other continent parts break off too:

http://ffonline.com/1_ff7gfx/map-world.gif

Then it moves to right a little in this one:

http://ffonline.com/1_ff8gfx/map-world.gif

And then I am guessing that the top continent went so far east that it came back around the planet:

http://ffonline.com/1_ff9gfx/map-world.gif

Think of it what you will.

Jack
04-24-2006, 04:44 AM
Doesn't explain why in FFVII/VIII they are capable of going into space, but are unaware of other continents. Also mixes up the whole FFIX Gain/Terra thing together, and the mist.

I'd assume that its in the same solar system (Granted) but totally insular of each other. I think the planet's name is irrelevent.

Owen Macwere
04-24-2006, 05:54 PM
well plainly that is not metioned in the game is it? :confused: i mean no one of them say anything about it, but well there's a chance that it was called centra once upon a time can't it?
........... huh........ i don't know that is complex :D
i'll give it farther thinking:(
that was a cool quistion dud.

Please do not attach unnecessary attachments. ~ Leeza

Moon Rabbits
04-24-2006, 10:24 PM
o.O What were the attachments for?

And no, none of the FFs take place in the same planet/universe/etc. They're totally seperate.

The name of FFVIII's planet is never mentioned.

McLovin'
04-25-2006, 09:33 PM
It was just a guess and you could be wrong.

Jessweeee♪
04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
Maybe it doesn't have a name. Like in FFVII, I don't think they ever said anything other than "the Planet"

TheAbominatrix
04-25-2006, 10:38 PM
VII's was called the planet in the game, however later official texts from SE dubbed it Gaia.

Most dont have names. IV's was clearly called Earth (and the Blue Planet), and I'm pretty sure VIII's world is never named.

FallenAngel411
04-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Seemed to me it was just a future version of our world.

Kamrusepas
04-26-2006, 04:09 AM
Seemed to me it was just a future version of our world.

How? :confused:

Moon Rabbits
04-26-2006, 09:15 PM
It was just a guess and you could be wrong.

I was talking about the random attachments on Owen's post...

G SpOtZ
04-27-2006, 01:53 AM
Sephiroth's Cage: Quite the ...interesting?... theory you got there. =\

I don't mean to just bash on your theories, but if you think about the each world, it's near impossible that they are all the same, no matter how much time passed, considering the different mountain ranges. Notice I said near impossible, so I'm not saying you're wrong, but it's really unlikely that that would be the case. Also, if the same worlds were the same, would the aspects of reality be the same too? For example, there are all different forms of "magic" use in each world. Technology also varies, and the logic in the map line-up you gave us wouldn't fit very well with techological evolution. Just saying, there are WAY more factors that would disprove that over the ones that would prove it (if any)

FallenAngel411: ^ lol, yes, interesting again. =\ I didn't realize our world was so small. =P

Nick Schovitz
04-27-2006, 02:30 AM
what about XI?

FallenAngel411
04-27-2006, 03:14 AM
FallenAngel411: ^ lol, yes, interesting again. =\ I didn't realize our world was so small. =P

Haha, it really is a small world after all. Nah, I just felt that a lot of the technologies were evolutions of the ones that exist today. It's not really a "theory" in the sense that it can be proved or debated. Just a thought.

Never played XI, so can't comment on that one.

boys from the dwarf
04-27-2006, 08:09 AM
i certainly see what sephiroths cage means. sqare did base worlds on each other (or sephiroths cage was just thinking too hard.) but they arent the same planet. how would you explain technology differences and evolution? these arent important though and are just references. E.G. FF3 world map is near identical to FF8 and there are loads of FF3 references but that doesnt mean its the same planet. it just means they decided to put that in to see if anyone would notice.

valentine
04-27-2006, 09:20 AM
what about XI?

The world in XI is called "Vana'diel," and the world of XII is, of course, "Ivalice"

The Fat Bioware Nerd
04-27-2006, 08:57 PM
You guys think that the name of Squall's planet could be...Naboo?LOL!:D I don't know why but Squall's planet reminds me of Naboo from Star Wars Episode 1.:tonberry:

McLovin'
04-29-2006, 07:53 PM
It was just a theory. :D

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-01-2006, 04:47 PM
But hold on a minute it might be possible that for example FFVII corresponds to the past of FFVIII

Isnīt it possible that some FFs actually are connected?

McLovin'
05-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah FF9 is related to all the FFs before it.

And there is some theory that FFX came before FF7. Something about what Shinra said.

TheAbominatrix
05-01-2006, 09:14 PM
It'd related in the sense that it references them, not in the sense that it has an physical relation to them or has evolved from any of them.

vampirepiggyhunter7
05-01-2006, 09:24 PM
IV is on Earth. By the way, the whole map theory: How do you know that's the actual chronological order. VIII semed the most futuristic.

McLovin'
05-01-2006, 09:27 PM
We don't.

boys from the dwarf
05-01-2006, 10:47 PM
i dont believe that any of the worlds are the same. i call all of these connections references.

Ryushikaze
05-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Yeah FF9 is related to all the FFs before it.

And there is some theory that FFX came before FF7. Something about what Shinra said.

No theory. Confirmed continuity from Nojima's own mouth. He's not precisely sure of all the details at the moment, but FFX and X-2 were written with the idea of being somehow in a continuity with FF7.

Darth Cid
05-09-2006, 02:56 AM
Zidane An rp site we're on calls the FFVIII planet Lunar, but I dunno if that's the official name or if the rp staff made it up.