PDA

View Full Version : Where's Bugenhagen?

Swifthom
04-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Got his name right didn't I? I mean, Red's grandad...

was he the grey wolf that kept popping up, or was he not in the movie at all. I heard that everyone was in it somewhere or other, except I never saw him...

I guess I see the logic if he was the wolf, seeing as Red's a lion/cat thingee.... but, he was human in the game and I expected him to be human in AC...

Oh well, I wouldn't feel so bad if there hadn't been so many other cameos, it just feels odd for them to cram so many in but leave him out.

Dolentrean
04-23-2006, 11:43 PM
He was dead... the wolf was simply a symbol of clouds guilt.

TheAbominatrix
04-23-2006, 11:56 PM
He died near the end of the game, if I remember correctly. And yes, the wolf is a symbol of Cloud's guilt, he appears near places and symbols of where he failed people (Zack, Aerith, Tifa, etc).

Swifthom
04-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Meh, Aerith was dead and... okay, well Aerith had an excuse...

But Zack was dead and it didnt stop him turning up... OUTSIDE of a flashback.
Oh well, there we go then.

So, in the final scene, when Cloud's floating in the whiteness and the wolf comes to nuzzle him does that mean what then?
If it represents guilt, why does it stay with him to then end? It doesn't fade away spectacularly, just the same way it always did.

TheAbominatrix
04-24-2006, 12:22 AM
Because fans want to see Aerith and Zack. Very few fans want to see Bugenhagen. Also, Aerith and Zack are sources of guilt for Cloud. To be forgiven by them was important, hence why they showed up. Well, part of the reason for Aerith. She had things to do.

It could mean that it's the end of his guilt. His representation is telling him to get up, to move on, and not to give into to the ease of death. It could represent anything, but the wolf's representation of guilt was officially stated by the creators.

Swifthom
04-24-2006, 12:27 AM
fair enough...

I understood perfectly WHY Aerith and Zack were so important, it's just I'd heard complaints from people who had seen the jap version early on complaining "too many cameos, i'm drowning in people I dont know because I havent played the game."

Watching it, apart from the bahamut fight scene, Zack and Aerith there arent many cameos. I guess listeneing to aguys complaint got my hopes up, I mean he actually put in his review that EVERYONE who played a semi major role in FF7 was in it, whether they were dead or not.

Some reviewers ey, don't know what their talking about.

Ezme
04-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Well I always thought gulit is something you nver get rid of. It is something to learn to live with and comes with you through life guides you so you don't make the same/similar mistakes. Maybe that's what the creators thought too