PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing 3rd Disk? (Spoilers)

Vivisteiner
04-24-2006, 09:03 AM
I have just finsished FF7. While playing I loved disks 1 and 2, and I expected there to be a long dramatic search for holy in the final disk with an awesome final battle and possibly another plot twist.

So when very soon after starting it I came across safer Sephiroth, I had no idea that he would be the final boss. I thought I would fight a more 'dangerous' one later. One which had more than two powerful moves. (Supernova and fallen angel) So I summoned KOTR and he died. And to my shock horror I then saw Cloud destroy him forever, and the game end.

This disk prevented FFVII from being my favourite FF puting it down to 3rd.

Who else was dissapointed by the easy final battle and the shortness of the 3rd disk?

Kawaii Ryûkishi
04-24-2006, 09:24 AM
I'd think that the events at the end of Disc 2, particularly Shin-Ra being toppled, would tip you off that the game was getting towards its climax.

Fatal Impurity
04-24-2006, 11:07 AM
for some reason FF7 is wierd because every disc gets progressively shorter and easier lol whilst the other FF's keep it at more of a constant....

Masamunemaster
04-24-2006, 01:47 PM
I know what you mean but it is still my fav.

Anniexo
04-24-2006, 02:19 PM
The only thing i didn't like about the 3rd disk was the fact that al you had to do was go down NC fight Jenova and Sephiroth 3 times and then ya done I mean they could of but a bit more in, so i mead it longer by going around looking for things i could use to fight Sephiroth but still not very long for my liking

Dell
04-24-2006, 03:48 PM
The only thing i didn't like about the 3rd disk was the fact that al you had to do was go down NC fight Jenova and Sephiroth 3 times and then ya done I mean they could of but a bit more in, so i mead it longer by going around looking for things i could use to fight Sephiroth but still not very long for my liking

Do the sidequest.

Almost all Final Fantasy Final Boss is set not to be the strongest, examples in FFVII, Ruby Weapon and Emerald Weapon is stronger than Safer Sephiroth.

I am not dissapointed by FFVII final boss and disc 3 is just like disc 4 in FFIX which is short. The game make it short because they input large sidequest in it, like searching Ultimate Weapon, Mastering Materias, Breed Chocobos, Defeat Weapons and many more.

Vivisteiner
04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
^^But I found FF9's boss significantly harder.

Dell
04-24-2006, 04:00 PM
It does not pass Ozma and Hades attack, I don't found Trance Kuja and Necron. Ozma is harder than them because he's strong.

Vivisteiner
04-24-2006, 08:05 PM
I found Hades easier than Necron. I like hard final bosses, not just hard extra bosses.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
04-24-2006, 08:38 PM
i think the only reason they used a 3rd disk was cos they ran outa space on the second one :D

so if 7 is ur 3rd fav, wer do all the others come in?

this is mine:
1. ffx <--these
2. ff8 <--constantly
3. ff7 <--change :D
4. ff1
5. ffx-2
6. ff9
7. ff4
8. ff5
9. ff6
10. ff2

ive never played the others (3 n 11)

Captain Maxx Power
04-24-2006, 09:00 PM
If you want dissapointments over CD changes, go play Xenogears. You'll lose faith in humanity when you play through Disc 2, denounce God, claim life is pointless and probably eat your feet.

Also if you want the same affect go play either Farhenheit/Indigo Prophecy or Star Ocean 3. They offer late-game dissapointment without even having to change the disc!

Mad Hatter
04-24-2006, 09:17 PM
The Game was still my Fav it was the first ff game I played and I was hooked after yes he was easy to beat but meh I still loved every min of playing it

cloud_doll
04-24-2006, 10:11 PM
yeah, i see what you mean. i took such a long time finding all the crap to beat sephiroth when i hardly even used half of it. it took me about 20 min. the ending sucked too, but its still the best game!

-Red XIII-
04-24-2006, 10:13 PM
I know what you mean but it is still my fav.

can't argure with that.

boys from the dwarf
04-24-2006, 10:19 PM
i know disk 3 wasnt that good but final disks dont tend to have much important and interesting stuff. mainly just a final location and a boss. most people say safer sephiroth is easy but thats only because they have KoTR and omnislash. when i fought him for the first time without either of those, i was around level 79 (i got stuck for a long time finding the key of the ancients on disk 2 so i just hyperlevelled and did a ton of othe stuff.) and he was far from easy. his massive arsenal of status magic heavy damage and supernova to weaken all of my characters to near death made him hard. i beat him first try but i was so close to dying. if you dont have all of the stuff that makes the game easy he is tricky.

Zeromus_X
04-25-2006, 12:53 AM
The disc is short because its the end of the game, story-wise. There's still lots of side-crap to do.

Star Ocean 3.

I climbed the 111 floor bonus dungeon, thank you very much!! :mad: :p :cat:

Vivisteiner
04-25-2006, 08:07 PM
i think the only reason they used a 3rd disk was cos they ran outa space on the second one :D

so if 7 is ur 3rd fav, wer do all the others come in?

this is mine:
1. ffx <--these
2. ff8 <--constantly
3. ff7 <--change :D
4. ff1
5. ffx-2
6. ff9
7. ff4
8. ff5
9. ff6
10. ff2

ive never played the others (3 n 11)
These all could change.
1: FFIX: 99/100
2: FFX: 98/100
3: FFVII: 96/100
4: FFVIII: 95/100

Thats all I've played. I'm hoping to play X-2 and XII relatively soon.

Crop
04-25-2006, 08:25 PM
After the Shin-Ra company crumbled and rufus "died", I knew it was nearing the end.

silentenigma
04-25-2006, 10:00 PM
The whole game would have been on one disk if there were no FMV's...they take too much space so they couldn't put much more story onto the 3rd disk to get to the ending to fit.

Jessweeee♪
04-25-2006, 10:51 PM
It was the same for Disk 4 in FFVIII and I'm assuming it was for IX also, haven't played it yet.
I was disappointed both times, it's so sad when you beat a game...it'll never be the same as going throught for the first time.

lord shishio
04-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Maybe, but it's still my fav. FF

six underground
04-27-2006, 11:35 AM
without KOTR sephiroth's pretty difficult...

i loved the ending until it ended. that was it? O_O

Loony BoB
04-27-2006, 02:32 PM
At least you can still roam the world and carry out sidequests. FFVIII made me so sad when I discovered that I couldn't get back into any towns. :(

Orophin
04-27-2006, 02:55 PM
These all could change.

I hope you will try the old ones because they are good too. Don't think they are boring because they are in 2D because you will miss some great games. FFVI is my second best FF (the first one is VII) and FFIV is really good too. FFI is not that good but its a classic and it worth playing the game that started it all. When I think about it, all FF games are good, beside FFX-2 :mad2: but well, it's only my opinion.

Amaru
04-27-2006, 05:46 PM
As has been mentioned, there are all the sidequests and such that you can do on the third disk.

Vivisteiner
04-27-2006, 06:41 PM
I did loads of sidequests on disk 2. Including the gold chocobo. Although i didnt fight the weapons.

These all could change.

I hope you will try the old ones because they are good too. Don't think they are boring because they are in 2D because you will miss some great games. FFVI is my second best FF (the first one is VII) and FFIV is really good too. FFI is not that good but its a classic and it worth playing the game that started it all. When I think about it, all FF games are good, beside FFX-2 :mad2: but well, it's only my opinion.
But what console do you need to play them on? Wouldn't they be too hard to buy nowadays?

Amaru
04-27-2006, 06:46 PM
A number of ways.

* FFVI can be bought for the PlayStation.
* VI and below can be played using emulators and ROMs online.
* Dawn of Souls (FFI and FFII) can be bought on the GBA, as can FFIV
* FFV and FFVI are on the way for the GBA
* FFIII is being remade for the DS

Jessweeee♪
04-28-2006, 10:57 PM
I've just started with the older games with IV Advance. I think I'll try out VI when it comes out

Slade
04-29-2006, 01:56 AM
It was the same for Disk 4 in FFVIII
There was a little more storyline in VIII's last disk. I think the disk swap was just after you beat Seifer for the last time. After that there is still a bit of storyline before the final dungeon: kill off Adel, then do the whole Time Compression fight. In VII (and IX too if I remember rightly), the final dungeon was basically straight after the change to the last disk. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Zeromus_X
04-29-2006, 02:39 AM
Yeah, pretty much.

Vertisce
04-29-2006, 02:42 AM
Im going through FFVII again for the first time in over 6 years. I lost my old save game. Really really wish I hadnt...4 mimes...simply ungodly when you got KOTR and Bahamut Zero both as masters. Shoot I dont know if you can even do that any more. I heard a rumor that they fixed it so that Mime, Bahamut Zero, Kotr and a few other Materia wouldnt create another after mastering them after the initial release of the game. I dont have my original disks anymore. I got the stupid Greatest Hits version now.

Khaotic
04-29-2006, 04:06 AM
I really hate it when people are like "sigh why was the final boss so easy, this game sucks, blah blah, I mean I only spent countless hours leveling and getting the hardest summon to get, not to mention I had to race chocobos or kill one of the strongest optional bosses to get it, and then the boss dies in 1 hit?! come on!! "

Rengori
04-29-2006, 05:30 AM
You'd think the Shinra Cannon breaking the barrier at the crater was a huge tip that Sephiroth was nearing death. So was the destruction of Terra in FFIX.

Zeromus_X
04-29-2006, 05:32 AM
I really hate it when people are like "sigh why was the final boss so easy, this game sucks, blah blah, I mean I only spent countless hours leveling and getting the hardest summon to get, not to mention I had to race chocobos or kill one of the strongest optional bosses to get it, and then the boss dies in 1 hit?! come on!! "
Well, even if people don't do optional stuff, the final boss (es) of modern RPGs aren't really difficult anyway. :cat:

Vertisce
04-29-2006, 05:51 AM
I hate it when people get all worked up over a discussion and complain about someones opinion and call a persons opinion "complaining" just to make themselves feel better.

Ballistix Man
04-29-2006, 06:15 AM
I ahte it when people cant understand a simple point.
This is what isnt right.

OMg the final boss was so easy. I mean I only spent countless hours doing sidequests getting summons that make the game virtually impossible to lose.
Well no /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. What did you think. This was going to make the game harder.

NGU
04-29-2006, 06:59 AM
he has a point

Rengori
04-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Well, even if people don't do optional stuff, the final boss (es) of modern RPGs aren't really difficult anyway. :cat:
Which is why they add final bosses like Necron with that really really really cheap Grand Cross. The fact I survived against him is because my luck was really good.

Khaotic
04-29-2006, 07:35 PM
Complaining? well, you're partially new here, so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt, these kinds of posts have been made countless numbers of times. How exactly was I complaining anyways? I was stating a fact, its not even an opinion, if you level up and get the best things in the game, why would the main-story final boss be hard? Thats the point of optional bosses, not story line bosses.

OMg the final boss was so easy. I mean I only spent countless hours doing sidequests getting summons that make the game virtually impossible to lose.
Well no . What did you think. This was going to make the game harder. Not really sure what you were trying to say, or who you were agreeing with, even after reading it a few times, sounds like you were agreeing with what I said and that I was simply stating a point, not complaining. Bottom line is, I wasn't placing an opinion on anything, its common sense to realize if you level up to max level, get all ultimate weapons, mastered materia, rare materia - not to mention KotR - the storyline final boss is going to be a breeze. Whats the point of coming to the forum and saying "Well yeah I used Knights of the round and he was dead, what the hell?! This game is definately not my favorite Final Fantasy now because of this, ridiculous."(yes I know he quit because he thought the story slowed down on disc 3, not simply because of the boss itself, I'm merely stating a point)

Dr. Casey
04-29-2006, 08:01 PM
Khaotic is correct.

And yes, I prefer the modern day method of the final disks being of a significant length, if not just as long or longer than the first disk.

Zeromus_X
04-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Which is why they add final bosses like Necron with that really really really cheap Grand Cross. The fact I survived against him is because my luck was really good.

Well, that's because he's a tribute to the actually genuinely tough final bosses of the past (CoD, Zeromus, X-Death) Who spam status attacks and celestial alpha moves. :P :cat:

Vertisce
04-29-2006, 09:50 PM
What makes you think im new?

Khaotic
04-29-2006, 10:27 PM
What does that have to do with the topic? Thats just simply going offtopic to continue a pointless debate, you joined in '05, thats considered new, atleast to me. Please just drop this now, I won't be replying anymore if the reply has to do with our personal disagreement.

Vertisce
04-30-2006, 12:33 AM
What does that have to do with the topic? Thats just simply going offtopic to continue a pointless debate, you joined in '05, thats considered new, atleast to me. Please just drop this now, I won't be replying anymore if the reply has to do with our personal disagreement.
Yeah that just shows how ignorant and immature you are. Especially since your the one who made the comment in the first place.

Anyway...ive noticed that there are quite a few things that you cannot do in the game untill you are on the 3rd disk. Probably due to the amount of room they DIDNT have on the 2nd disk. Really it doesnt matter. The game is the way it is because thats they way they made it. Isnt there also a lot more video content on the final disk then there is on the first and second?

Kalinda
04-30-2006, 12:50 AM
As I write this, I have just finished FFVII.. well, a few hours ago.. but yes.

I'm not sure if I really agree or not... that is, I expected another twist or something to be revealed before the final battle.. but nothing really happened. I don't think I was outright upset about it.. but now that you mention how much better it could've been (a quest for Holy, another twist, etc), I do feel slightly disappointed.

I was around level 70 when I fought SafterSephy.. and I thought he was a challenge, although I won on my first try - Thank you, Megaelixars and X-Potions! I didn't have KotR or Omnislash or any of this uber stuff you people keep mentioning. I assume you have to go out of your way to get that stuff, so obviously Square made the boss difficult based on the assumption that you didn't do all that extra shizzle. This is certainly true if you have to beat one of those uber hard optional bosses to gain either of those things. So if you're willing to spend the extra time, of course the boss will be easier.

I guess I liked the ending. I didn't have a huge amount of trouble understanding it... although I did skip off to Game FAQs and read the plot analysis when I was done. I was annoyed to learn that there were three secret scenes which fill in the game's bvackstory. Vincent's was the only one I got during the game (it's understandably secret - he's an optional character). The others probably should've been explained as part of the main story, though.. I missed them and they fill in some things I really didn't get.

On the whole it was very good, though. Since I played FFX and X-2 before it, I had forgotten how good having the ol world map was.. as well as other "old schooly" elements. Yeah.. been a while since I played FFVI, too :P

Khaotic
04-30-2006, 02:32 AM
Yeah that just shows how ignorant and immature you are. Especially since your the one who made the comment in the first place.

Anyway...ive noticed that there are quite a few things that you cannot do in the game untill you are on the 3rd disk. Probably due to the amount of room they DIDNT have on the 2nd disk. Really it doesnt matter. The game is the way it is because thats they way they made it. Isnt there also a lot more video content on the final disk then there is on the first and second?
You realize calling someone ignorant is against the rules, especially since I did nothing to you other then state a fact, which has already been proven AND agreed with? You can't possibly call someone ignorant and immature in the same sentence, when you yourself don't have the maturity to claim such an "insult". Once again, i'll repeat myself for your sake - these types of threads have been made countless times, its just like the "reviving aeris". I stated a fact, that if you level to max, get all the best stuff, the storyline boss will indeed be easy.

You randomly attacked me with an insult that made no sense what-so-ever:

I hate it when people get all worked up over a discussion and complain about someones opinion and call a persons opinion "complaining" just to make themselves feel better.
First off, I wasn't getting worked up, or complaining for that matter - I was, once again, stating a fact, a proven fact, and one with quite enough common sense that you and everyone else should be able to figure out on your own without having to debate on such a pathetic topic, especially when someone has already said "Khaotic is correct". Now, I ask myself once again, why are you continuing to try and prove yourself superior to what I said? The argument is over, and you're simply insulting me as a wholesome, not anything relating to the game itself, which in itself is immature, so please don't go calling me immature for simply stating a fact, which I have every right to do on a public forum.

Also as the above poster said, he/she didn't have omnislash and any of that other stuff and the boss was pretty difficult, I agree 100%. Sephiroth is by far a pretty decent challenge if you don't go out of your way.

Vertisce
04-30-2006, 02:39 AM
As I write this, I have just finished FFVII.. well, a few hours ago.. but yes.

I'm not sure if I really agree or not... that is, I expected another twist or something to be revealed before the final battle.. but nothing really happened. I don't think I was outright upset about it.. but now that you mention how much better it could've been (a quest for Holy, another twist, etc), I do feel slightly disappointed.

I was around level 70 when I fought SafterSephy.. and I thought he was a challenge, although I won on my first try - Thank you, Megaelixars and X-Potions! I didn't have KotR or Omnislash or any of this uber stuff you people keep mentioning. I assume you have to go out of your way to get that stuff, so obviously Square made the boss difficult based on the assumption that you didn't do all that extra shizzle. This is certainly true if you have to beat one of those uber hard optional bosses to gain either of those things. So if you're willing to spend the extra time, of course the boss will be easier.

I guess I liked the ending. I didn't have a huge amount of trouble understanding it... although I did skip off to Game FAQs and read the plot analysis when I was done. I was annoyed to learn that there were three secret scenes which fill in the game's bvackstory. Vincent's was the only one I got during the game (it's understandably secret - he's an optional character). The others probably should've been explained as part of the main story, though.. I missed them and they fill in some things I really didn't get.

On the whole it was very good, though. Since I played FFX and X-2 before it, I had forgotten how good having the ol world map was.. as well as other "old schooly" elements. Yeah.. been a while since I played FFVI, too :P
You know I never thought of it that way. Perhaps your right and the game was edged towards the player that didnt go and DO everything. But...now that you have beaten it I bet you wanna go get all that other cool stuff you havent done yet right?

Also...I have yet to find a "rules" thread. Even did a search...can anybody point me in the right direction here? PM me if you would. Thanks in advance.

Kalinda
05-02-2006, 04:01 PM
You know I never thought of it that way. Perhaps your right and the game was edged towards the player that didnt go and DO everything. But...now that you have beaten it I bet you wanna go get all that other cool stuff you havent done yet right?[/QUOTE]
Hehe... I have a feeling I will play it again sometime in the future... and then I will go and do things I didn't do before. Like getting the other secret scenes.

Right now, though, FFVI has my soul. I'd forgotten what pure genius that game is :) And then next is FFIV, a game I have never played. Hopefully I can get both done before Anime North^^ But it isn't too likely.

Vivisteiner
05-02-2006, 06:49 PM
My first disappointment was I expected another twist. It felt to me a little too simple. My characters were not very stong at all even though I had KOTR. Doing only the chocobo quest does not strengthen your stats much. So I replayed the final boss without using KOTR with:
Cait Sith level 46
Cloud level 44
Cid level 45

I did not have Omnislash either, but I had stong magic like flare and ultima. I still won easily. Bassically, Im saying Sephiroth is easy whatever even if you are not really strong.

In games like FF9, even if your really strong you can still easily lose to the final boss.

Vertisce
05-03-2006, 07:02 AM
You know what? Its not about how much content is on each disk. Its about the game as a whole. Who cares how much crap they were able to stuff into each disk?

FallenAngel411
05-03-2006, 09:02 AM
I really don't see the point in this complaint. Would the game have been any better if Square had somehow managed to shove the third disc's content into the second? :confused:

Vertisce
05-03-2006, 01:53 PM
I really don't see the point in this complaint. Would the game have been any better if Square had somehow managed to shove the third disc's content into the second? :confused:
I think the original point was more along the lines that they should have put MORE content in the third disk.

Vivisteiner
05-03-2006, 06:11 PM
No. But it would have been better if they had added another twist in the plot or a stronger final boss. But I still loved the game. Id give it 96/100.

Hayabusa
05-03-2006, 06:35 PM
So I summoned KOTR and he died.

Exactly....Try NOT doing that- It makes it more interesting and less....cowardly. I did the same thing and I felt like a pussy. It's better to fight him and have the glory for yourself, not the knights.

Hayabusa
05-03-2006, 06:39 PM
I like hard final bosses, not just hard extra bosses.

Normally I'd agree but I had to kill them because think about the STORY - If you don't stop them, who cares if you stop Sephiroth, The weapons will just destroy everyone. So be a hero and stop them then Sephiroth...That's if you really get into it like me though. I just couldn't not kill them. It had to be done, took me a week to beat Emerald.

Hayabusa
05-03-2006, 06:41 PM
the ending sucked too, but its still the best game!

That's why it's wonderful Advent Children brings a comfortable rest to all.

Dell
05-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Most of the Final Boss is not the hardest, well I point out some of the boss that are more insane than the final boss:

FFVII: Ruby Weapon (700000HP), Emerald Weapon (1000000HP)
FFVIII: Omega Weapon (850000HP)
FFIX: Ozma (64355HP, if I'm correct)
FFX: Nemesis (9999999HP), Penance (12000000HP)

Hayabusa
05-03-2006, 06:59 PM
One more thing, Hard boss to me was the end fight of FF8 - That was like...a 40-60 min battle.

FallenAngel411
05-05-2006, 12:14 AM
Ultimecia is cake if you go in with the 100 megalixers (you can refine them from Bahamut's card). Otherwise the challenge is praying she doesn't blow out the magic you have junctioned to your strength. Then its just hit, heal, hit, heal, hit, heal, hit, heal, hit.......and then she dies.

Hayabusa
05-05-2006, 06:41 AM
We're getting way off topic here but I didn't play the card game in FF8 - lol I know I missed out on A LOT from that- I never got Squall's ultimate weapon or got to see Lionheart limit break- But I'll get that stuff next time I play through. Shell was my friend for the ultimacia battle.

Ultimate Weapon
05-05-2006, 07:25 AM
I have just finsished FF7. While playing I loved disks 1 and 2, and I expected there to be a long dramatic search for holy in the final disk with an awesome final battle and possibly another plot twist.

So when very soon after starting it I came across safer Sephiroth, I had no idea that he would be the final boss. I thought I would fight a more 'dangerous' one later. One which had more than two powerful moves. (Supernova and fallen angel) So I summoned KOTR and he died. And to my shock horror I then saw Cloud destroy him forever, and the game end.

This disk prevented FFVII from being my favourite FF puting it down to 3rd.

Who else was dissapointed by the easy final battle and the shortness of the 3rd disk?

Welcome to 9 years ago... :|