PDA

View Full Version : English screenshots

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/e306/titles/ff3

If an American release weren't already a sure thing, it is now.

Necronopticous
04-24-2006, 07:48 PM
It is when one thinks one knows everything there is to know about the Earth that God snarls in the face of such fools.

Flying Mullet
04-24-2006, 07:49 PM
That screenshot with the party and Bahamut looks like it's from FFIX.

Crossblades
04-24-2006, 08:39 PM
Awesome:)

Maybe it will be released almost at the same time as Japanese version like how they did with FF IV Advance

Captain Maxx Power
04-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Either that's extremely bad japanese font, or we'll get ourselves some old-school love soon.

Zeromus_X
04-25-2006, 12:56 AM
I knew it was coming...but...I just couldn't prepare for it!! :cat:

*foams at mouth*

DJZen
04-26-2006, 01:35 AM
That last name is... Freya?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-26-2006, 02:19 AM
The "a" doesn't match up. It's Freyg. Weird change from Ingz, yet not any better or worse, really.

Crossblades
04-26-2006, 03:48 AM
The "a" doesn't match up. It's Freyg. Weird change from Ingz, yet not any better or worse, really.

That's a relief. I thought they were gonna name a character after the Dragoon from FF IX

Captain Maxx Power
04-26-2006, 09:26 AM
For us ignorant, non-japanese speaking types, exactly what does the site say?

Fire_Emblem776
04-26-2006, 08:43 PM
That screenshot with the party and Bahamut looks like it's from FFIX.

I agree:D

Have you known ' III ' of legend? In North America No.3 of the vision which is not sold comes, long and is solved seal and finally displays that form. That ' FFIII which becomes legend between the fan ', today with leading technology the new life. Graphics at everything 3D revives also reing-construct and dressing up anew with NDS. From legend to up-to-date work! Exceeding century, it revives, ' FFIII ', the entire world observes!

bable fish translation

I Don't Need A Name
04-26-2006, 09:52 PM
why cant they stick to making things for Playstation, because most people have them! Why Nintendo DS!?!? because SOME of us dont have one:mad2:

Captain Maxx Power
04-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Have you known ' III ' of legend? In North America No.3 of the vision which is not sold comes, long and is solved seal and finally displays that form. That ' FFIII which becomes legend between the fan ', today with leading technology the new life. Graphics at everything 3D revives also reing-construct and dressing up anew with NDS. From legend to up-to-date work! Exceeding century, it revives, ' FFIII ', the entire world observes!

Not speaking reality. Double plus time excess interest. What does it know, for this understand quickly anew and brought now.

DJZen
04-27-2006, 12:58 AM
why cant they stick to making things for Playstation, because most people have them! Why Nintendo DS!?!? because SOME of us dont have one:mad2:

I'm going to assume that by "Playstation" you meant "Playstation 2". One can only speculate as to their reasoning, but here's my guess:

The game was originally going to be remade on the Bandai Wonderswan Color (WarMECH preserved the original site for it HERE (http://warmech.net/special/ff3wscsite/ff3wscsite.html)). However, due to various issues, it was never released. Nintendo wanted the remake to be picked up for the GBA, and considering what had been accomplished with it so far, this seems like it could have been a possibility. However, Square-Enix simply had too much on their plate at the time. So the (Japanese) fans were still grumbling for a remake, and when SE finally had the time to do it, they issued a poll saying "what would you like to see remade for the Nintendo DS?" which had an almost unanimous vote of "Final Fantasy III".

Don't rule out a PS2 remake altogether. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it's not going to. In fact, it's possible that there's going to be MANY remakes for the PS3.

In other words, don't get yer knickers in a twist.

valentine
04-27-2006, 05:46 AM
Actually, the English name for Inguzu isn't a sure thing yet, as the name is could off. It could very be "Freyg," but it could also be "Erexg" or any other combination where the "F" and "Y" are interchangeable with "E" and "X." Personally, my money's on "Freyg" though.

Also the English S-E E3 site is here http://na.square-enix.com/e306/titles/ff3/ so forget about babelfish translations

Shiny
04-30-2006, 03:54 AM
Yay! It's a commin'! I just hope it won't be for Nintendo DS only...or playstation 3. They should put it on PS2. And I thought "Freya" looks kinda like "Frevg"(I don't know how you'd pronounce that. Or "Freyg", but I'm not sure. That's definately a g at the end though, because their a's look different. Seems like they didn't get voice actors for this one either.

valentine
04-30-2006, 08:04 AM
Square-Enix recently replaced the first English screen on their E3 site with a new one (see attachment). This picture evidently takes place at the very beginning of the game, where in the fan translations of FFIII the light warriors say something to the effect of "we fell in a hole. aw shucks!"

Based upon the screen shot, Luneth seems to be alone at the beginning of the game. Whether or not he meets the other characters directly afterwards, or they are gained by going town to town, we don't know yet. I just thought it was an interesting thing to point out.

Zeromus_X
04-30-2006, 08:06 AM
Well, they could be 'inside' of her sprite, or something. Well, I guess we'll see.

valentine
04-30-2006, 09:12 AM
Well, they could be 'inside' of her sprite, or something. Well, I guess we'll see.

Oh dear... Luneth is a guy, Lephia is the girl.

Anyway, that's plausible too, but based on the wording, I would assume that Luneth is a lone at this point in the game.

FF_Chick
04-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Yeah... Luneth is a guy... The girl is with the rosey cheeks... Anyway, I think that Luneth went playing and stuff. He could have walked down some, then the other 3 follow him. Because, in the older screens, the other 3 are with you (Goblins, LandTurtle, et cetera). And, they HAVE to come with you, or else they won't get their classes.