PDA

View Full Version : It's so sad

DeathKnight
04-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Is it just me or is it SAD that people are watching so many videos and pictures of this game??? and reading MOST of the story? and analyzing every little thing 'bout the japanese version???

By the time the game comes out it'll already be watered down, nothing surprising and bashed.

Sad ain't it?

Necronopticous
04-24-2006, 08:10 PM
It happens every time.

Crossblades
04-24-2006, 08:44 PM
There's nothing wrong with a little curiosity

DeathKnight
04-24-2006, 09:00 PM
There's nothing wrong with a little curiosity

Ha! funny, that's what people who have tried drugs say(NOT accusing you of doing so, but it just sounds so similar)

Funny thing is, in BOTH cases, they turn out negative:)

You keep reading how bad or how good the game is, and what happens in the game and by the time you buy the game you'll be like FFXII is crap the first 5 hours through the game.

Sad this has been happening for a while now with a lot of games

Crossblades
04-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Ha! funny, that's what people who have tried drugs say(NOT accusing you of doing so, but it just sounds so similar)

Funny thing is, in BOTH cases, they turn out negative:)

You keep reading how bad or how good the game is, and what happens in the game and by the time you buy the game you'll be like FFXII is crap the first 5 hours through the game.

Sad this has been happening for a while now with a lot of games

Well, like I said, there's nothing with a little curiosity. People can't just wait long enough to know what the game has to offer. If anything, I'll enjoy the game even more because I'll already know what the game has to offer

DeathKnight
04-24-2006, 09:20 PM
Well, like I said, there's nothing with a little curiosity. People can't just wait long enough to know what the game has to offer. If anything, I'll enjoy the game even more because I'll already know what the game has to offer

There's a difference between peeking and readins SOME and reading revies, watching EVERY new video of the game that pops up, readin 'bout what goes on in the game, knowing the ending, etc.

Crossblades
04-24-2006, 09:26 PM
There's a difference between peeking and readins SOME and reading revies, watching EVERY new video of the game that pops up, readin 'bout what goes on in the game, knowing the ending, etc.

Well, that's just plain obsession right there. The only thing I would do is read a walkthrough on what summons you can get, what magic spells and techniques you can learn, etc. But I wouldn't go as far as watching the ending of a game that hasn't been released yet.

DeathKnight
04-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Well, that's just plain obsession right there. The only thing I would do is read a walkthrough on what summons you can get, what magic spells and techniques you can learn, etc. But I wouldn't go as far as watching the ending of a game that hasn't been released yet.

True true, then you're saved my friend. Um but I know people *stares* who ALREADY know the ending of the game, that's SAD:irked:

Crossblades
04-24-2006, 10:23 PM
True true, then you're saved my friend. Um but I know people *stares* who ALREADY know the ending of the game, that's SAD:irked:

They must've seen it at Youtube. Damn youtube!

And I also think Hinata is cute:p

Ballistix Man
04-24-2006, 10:26 PM
I watched all this games FMV's. I like to no what happens in a game while it is happening.

grimloch
04-24-2006, 11:07 PM
Personally I enjoy things to be a surprise so I've been tactically evading most of the videos/storyline threads. I am not paying sixty euro for something I know the ending of or if I already have the gist of the storyline.

That being said though, I have watched a few videos showing the battle system and the like which is hardly ruining much in fairness.

DMKA
04-25-2006, 12:00 AM
By the time the game comes out it'll already be watered down, nothing surprising and bashed.

Sad ain't it?
Funny, people are still loving and praising Kingdom Hearts II.

XxSephirothxX
04-25-2006, 12:30 AM
It happens with every high-profile game that comes out. It's by no means a new thing. Personally, I stay away from spoilers for any game, book, movie, etc. I'm planning on playing/reading/watching because I like figuring out the plot as I go along, not know everything that's going to happen.

LunarWeaver
04-25-2006, 02:01 AM
I just like to know the battle system and general gripes... I'm not going to spill out 50$ just because Final Fantasy is on the cover, I want to know if it will actually be fun or not. I stay away from the plot though... When it's actually out I'll scan for a simple "good" or "bad" but no details. When IGN put "ADA CONFIRMED FOR RE4" huge on their homepage I was piiiIIIssed, and so I'll have to avoid all contact with things gaming-internet right before XII comes out :D I can't believe some people already know the ending. How boring!

DMKA
04-25-2006, 02:36 AM
I want to know if it will actually be fun or not.
And a three sentence long opinion by someone else is what determines that for you? If so, I pity you.

Markus. D
04-25-2006, 03:11 AM
I like suprises.

so I try not to get overhyped.

LunarWeaver
04-25-2006, 03:43 AM
And a three sentence long opinion by someone else is what determines that for you? If so, I pity you.

I said "I want to know the battle system", which has nothing to do with anyone's opinion of it. I'm not going to buy a game when I don't understand the gameplay, because it simply may not be fun for me. Final Fantasy reinvents itself these days so just finding one game in the series fun doesn't guarantee the next will be to your liking, so being informed is a must. Although, coincedentally, I have yet to play one that I didn't like. So I wanted to know how everything worked (and I like the battle system, for the record).

Dreddz
04-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Too bad for them.
I dont think its sad, its a little Silly in my opinion. I still know nothing about the game :)

YTDN
04-26-2006, 04:59 PM
I have to sometimes restrain myself form reading plot summaries, or FMVs, or seeing screenshots, because then I will ruin the game for myself like I have ruined any other game I've tried ot play.

mage003
04-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Is it just me or is it SAD that people are watching so many videos and pictures of this game??? and reading MOST of the story? and analyzing every little thing 'bout the japanese version???

Sad ain't it?

well, i am against SPOILERS ... but i dont see any harm in looking at cool screenshots and video clips of the game ... infact, it makes you even more exited! more anxious to buy the game

marc
04-28-2006, 09:21 PM
I can't help myself,
I try to resist buts its just so goddamn easy to see the spoilers.

I'm just pissed that us Europeans have to wait so long for everything.

mage003
04-28-2006, 10:12 PM
i know how you feel

but ... atleast we got the new tomb raider game four days before everyone else (lol) wich is a change

Tanwen Strife
04-28-2006, 10:44 PM
I hate the fact that you can find the entire story and all the videos online already. I always get really tempted, but I've tried to stay away this time. Only seen the intro which I think is forgivable. I just get bored and seeing as they havn't even told us when they're realeasing it over here I get tempted. But I don't like spoiling the story. I knew too much about X before I played it, and it did make it less interesting. Sometimes though, spoilers can drive you to play it more when you eventually get it. If you watch the vids say, you want to play to find out how they fit into the whole story and so on.