PDA

View Full Version : Installation

Newbie7
04-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi, I've just bought my brand spanking new laptop and have been trying to install FFXI. It all goes peachy up until the part when I have to download looooaaaadddss of files from Playonline: every time it will stop downloading due to network problems etc. I've turned off my firewall and virus guard stuff etc but it still stops. It wouldnt be so annoying but the download gets relatively far (40% ish) before messing up and dashing my hopes :cry: . I'd be greatful for any advice.

Cheers.

Laguna
04-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Could be that the network is busy. If you're trying to download during a time when everyone else is as well you should be prepared for a lot of disconnecting. Still, I dont think there has been a major update since before ToAU was released.

When I used to play on my pc, I found if I kept dcing, sometimes if I cleared all my temporary internet files, cookies, history etc and reset my modem by turning it off for five minutes my connection would improve.

The other thing to check is that you dont have any Instant Messaging software running. Oh msn, why cant you and playonline just get along?

Miriel
04-25-2006, 02:11 AM
What kind of internet connection are you on?

Also, I like your username. I remember seeing someone named Newplayer running around in-game and he was awesome. :D