PDA

View Full Version : Re-adjusting

Rye
04-24-2006, 10:02 PM
How well do you re-adjust to school/work/college/university/whatever after taking a long break from it?

I actually did a good job of it today, returning to school from Spring Break. When I woke up today, I wasn't half asleep when I woke up, and today was very good for me. :)

Dreddz
04-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Dunno, ill find out tomorrow when I go back. Life sucks :(

Dignified Pauper
04-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Oh, I thought this was going to be about when your underwear or junk was uncomfortable and you had to re-adjust it.

I readjust from summer to college with ease. I'm adaptable. I'll survive according to Darwin.

Shoeberto
04-24-2006, 10:10 PM
I just go with it.

Yuna-Lenne
04-24-2006, 10:16 PM
I re-adjust fairly well, I'm never good at getting up in the mornings when it's a school day so I can't really say I find it easy to wake up but I just go with the flow. :)

Roto13
04-24-2006, 10:22 PM
A long break? There was a 15 month space between my last year of high school and my first year of college. I was on a waiting list the whole damn time. I still can't get into that studying groove I used to have.

Zeldy
04-24-2006, 10:25 PM
I'll have to hurry and settle in again. Exams next week ;________;

Chaos
04-24-2006, 10:25 PM
I cant be bothered at the moment...I'm feeling ill, I have evaluations to do and presentations to give and I dont really feel up to going in tomorrow...I'm gunna have to cos I need to pick my tutors brains...but yeah..woo....

¬.¬

McLovin'
04-24-2006, 10:33 PM
I take a shower.

Captain Maxx Power
04-25-2006, 12:46 AM
I don't. I fall apart for the first couple of days, then the part of me that is sometimes happy goes into hiding for the duration of the term and I become a shrivelled piece of human garbage.

Shauna
04-25-2006, 08:29 AM
I'm usually alright waking up after a holiday. Probably because I sleep in most days!

Peegee
04-25-2006, 10:02 AM
I take naps in class to recharge.

Gh["]sT
04-25-2006, 10:13 AM
dont worrie about it dreddz same here. i fitted stragiht back into college today but i got up late lol also so do i i take naps in class it is well funny when the tutor wakes me up i usally fall off my chair lol :D

Samuraid
04-25-2006, 10:36 AM
I can re-adjust pretty well to changes like that. However, I tend to have weird sleeping hours during vacations which can be a bit bothersome once I have to start waking up early in the morning again.

Rase
04-25-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm with Samuraid on this. Usually I do okay if I remember to get back into my regular sleeping habit about three days before school starts again, as far as going to sleep goes. Unfortunately, I forgot to this Spring Break, and so if I close my eyes long than two seconds right now I'll fall asleep. :(

Itsunari 2000
04-25-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm ok.

Shaun
04-25-2006, 04:20 PM
I don't. I'm always struggling in some way so there's nothing to adjust to.

Levian
04-25-2006, 04:51 PM
I remember the first night to always be a hell, but the nights after were back to normal. NOW I DON'T HAVE SCHOOL AND I GET PAID WHEN I DO STUFF. :grinpink:

Oh my god. :grinpink: where is grinpink? :( :JESS: wtf. :mad2:

DeathKnight
04-25-2006, 05:41 PM
How well do you re-adjust to school/work/college/university/whatever after taking a long break from it?

I actually did a good job of it today, returning to school from Spring Break. When I woke up today, I wasn't half asleep when I woke up, and today was very good for me. :)

I CAN'T re-adjust..........my back is killing me, I'm so sleepy I could fall asleep just walking. I forgot my glasses at home :cry: . I forgot to do my Music class Homework. I'm fucked :mad:

Mo-Nercy
04-25-2006, 05:48 PM
High school --> Long break --> Uni

I was never really big on the whole studying thing throughout high school and I'll be the typical "last-minute-crammer" kind of student until the day I graduate but the one exception to that mentality occured during my last year of high school in which I really did straighten myself out...I did my work consistantly and it was of an uncharacteristically high standard. I would complete assignments days before the due date (as opposed to hours) and set up a study regime for an exam weeks before it came around. Although I botched the final exams and scored 91.35 for my UAI as opposed to the 96+ school had predicted for me, I was still quite proud of the little nerd I had transformed myself into.

You can imagine my surprise when I started uni (after a very very very long, and super fun holiday) and I just couldn't bring myself to do ANYTHING. I'm actually half way through typing up a half-assed essay right now which'll probably end up being a waste of paper by the time I print it out.

I suck. :(

DeathKnight
04-25-2006, 05:54 PM
High school --> Long break --> Uni

I was never really big on the whole studying thing throughout high school and I'll be the typical "last-minute-crammer" kind of student until the day I graduate but the one exception to that mentality occured during my last year of high school in which I really did straighten myself out...I did my work consistantly and it was of an uncharacteristically high standard. I would complete assignments days before the due date (as opposed to hours) and set up a study regime for an exam weeks before it came around. Although I botched the final exams and scored 91.35 for my UAI as opposed to the 96+ school had predicted for me, I was still quite proud of the little nerd I had transformed myself into.

You can imagine my surprise when I started uni (after a very very very long, and super fun holiday) and I just couldn't bring myself to do ANYTHING. I'm actually half way through typing up a half-assed essay right now which'll probably end up being a waste of paper by the time I print it out.

I suck. :(

We're very similar:tonberry:

DudeSon2004
04-25-2006, 06:26 PM
I managed today.

Lost Number
04-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Im just back from detention. Guess how my first day back went.

Alive-Cat
04-25-2006, 07:35 PM
There is a certain quest I undertake to get myself back into the spirit of school, which is I travel to the woods nearby my house (there are no woods near my house, but we'll pretend there are) and I run with the beasts of the forest for a night.