PDA

View Full Version : hidden mysterys.

boys from the dwarf
04-24-2006, 10:24 PM
http://www.cavesofnarshe.com/ff6/rumours.php

this is a link to the cavesofnarshe FF6 rumours section. part of this section about the czar dragon (the part where the person actually says its true and not a rumour.) seems very beleivable and i think the guy was telling the truth. i started this thread to see if anyone else knew about any other things concealed from the games programming. a lot of us are aware of the hidden part on one of the FF8 disks which is a scene at the seed test in dollet but with rinoa there as well. does anyone else know about anymore? thanks.

DJZen
04-24-2006, 10:52 PM
That first one is an absolute lie. Tiamat isn't in the game's code at all. That sprite is taken from Bahamut Lagoon.

That second one is also a lie. Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

That third one is also a fabrication for several reasons.
a) shin doesn't mean king. It means core, new or true depending on the kanji used.
b) the word for king is either o or kokuo
c) the roles of king and emperor are not the same. a king reigns over a soverign land, whereas an emperor rules over an empire.
d) czar was a title given specifically to Russian, Bulgarian and Serbian emperors centuries ago. It's meaning is somewhat obfuscated, and it is not often used. Woolsey would have gone with "emperor" or just "king" if he wanted to fancy it up in any way, however, as I said before, shin does not mean king.

You can't get Gestahl on your team, he doesn't even have the proper animations for battle.

Chaos is NOT in FFVI in the Japanese SFC verison, the American SNES version, the Japanese PS1 version, or the American PS1 version.

In fact, I'm pretty sure most if not all of this page is a lie.

TheAbominatrix
04-24-2006, 11:11 PM
The page is intended to be complete b.s.

Prancing Mad
04-25-2006, 02:11 AM
right, except for the part that says that "the first section of this is true". Czar dragon appears to be a mega-boss that was eventually scrapped, but, was not taken out of the cart completely, since it wasn't hurting anything by being there. Just wasting a little space.

boys from the dwarf
04-25-2006, 07:30 AM
thats what i said before. i meant that only the czar dragon part hwere it said its true. but still does anyone know of any other things possibly covered up like the 2 ive already mentioned?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-25-2006, 07:46 AM
d) czar was a title given specifically to Russian, Bulgarian and Serbian emperors centuries ago. It's meaning is somewhat obfuscated, and it is not often used. Woolsey would have gone with "emperor" or just "king" if he wanted to fancy it up in any way, however, as I said before, shin does not mean king.Actually, "Czar Dragon" is the name Woolsey used. The original Japanese one is Kaiser Dragon. This is explained by the fact that Woolsey--as I imagine is common practice--translated all the text in the game's code, not just the stuff that actually ended up in the game proper. This includes the Czar Dragon, his little opening taunt, as well as some unused dialogue for the flashback scene in which Kefka approaches Tina with the Slave Crown.

boys from the dwarf
04-25-2006, 05:06 PM
very interesting. at the end of disk one on FF7 on the way to the city of the ancients there is a turning that leads to a dea end with a vine which looks quite climbable. people say it may have been a sidequest deleted from the game. is it by any chance covered up like these other things. if anyone else know of theorys and rumours like this that seem to have a chance of being true unlike the stupid rumours. if so, please share them. and if anyone has the stuff needed to actually uncover hidden parts like the Czar dragon story, it may be worth a look.

KoShiatar
04-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Actually, "Czar Dragon" is the name Woolsey used. The original Japanese one is Kaiser Dragon. This is explained by the fact that Woolsey--as I imagine is common practice--translated all the text in the game's code, not just the stuff that actually ended up in the game proper. This includes the Czar Dragon, his little opening taunt, as well as some unused dialogue for the flashback scene in which Kefka approaches Tina with the Slave Crown.

The Czar/Kaiser Dragon is in the game data (you can verify that with FF3usME Version 6.3, a tool specifically for the visualization and hacking of FF VI/II US data, dialogues excluded unfortunately). But he was dummied out from the game.

As for the flashback slave crown scene dialogue, isn't that in the game? The only thing I don't remember actually being there is Cid saying "This is a masterwork. The ultimate device that sums up the force of Machines and the power of Magic..." :confused:

DJZen
04-26-2006, 01:41 AM
Actually, "Czar Dragon" is the name Woolsey used. The original Japanese one is Kaiser Dragon. This is explained by the fact that Woolsey--as I imagine is common practice--translated all the text in the game's code, not just the stuff that actually ended up in the game proper. This includes the Czar Dragon, his little opening taunt, as well as some unused dialogue for the flashback scene in which Kefka approaches Tina with the Slave Crown.

My point was that Shinryuu and Czar Dragon are different creatures. Way to show me up.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-26-2006, 02:31 AM
As for the flashback slave crown scene dialogue, isn't that in the game?Kefka's line is, but Tina stays silent.

KoShiatar
04-26-2006, 08:58 PM
I need to replay that. Again.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-26-2006, 08:59 PM
It's pretty interesting how that one line would have changed the entire tone of the scene.

Zeromus_X
04-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Funny, isn't it? There's actually a hack where they put the Czar Dragon in the game, available on that page. Haven't fought him, but it does say that he's pretty tough. :cat:

TheAbominatrix
04-26-2006, 10:54 PM
It's pretty interesting how that one line would have changed the entire tone of the scene.
What was the line?

DJZen
04-27-2006, 12:26 AM
From the game data:

KEFKA: My sweet little magic
user...! Uweee, he, he! With this Slave Crown I'll practically OWN you!!
TERRA: No! Get away from me!

TheAbominatrix
04-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Thanks doll.

KoShiatar
04-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Or "Iya, yamete", properly "No, stop it!"

boys from the dwarf
05-03-2006, 09:20 PM
so no one has any more suggestions or ideas?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-03-2006, 09:56 PM
There were a lot of things that were dropped from FFVII while it was in mid-development. A directional input attack like FFVI's Blitz, a Golem summon, materia for negating environmental damage, and so on. See the Changes FAQ (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/game/197341.html).