PDA

View Full Version : Getting Myself a PSP

~SapphireStar~
04-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Im joining the ranks of the PSP players (finally) and purchasing mine tommorow. Ive already bought BoF3 from Ebay today and plan on getting Tale of Eternia to keep me entertained till it arrives. Now Ive had my eyes on some other RPGs and I was wondering if anyones played any of them and what they think. Heres the list:

Astonishia Story
PoPoLoCrois
YS The Ark of Napishtim
The Legend of Heroes

And any other RPGs anyone can reckomend would be excellent. Thanks:tongue:

Ballistix Man
04-24-2006, 11:28 PM
I wouldnt touch PoPoLoCrois with a 50 foot stick if I were you

Necronopticous
04-24-2006, 11:31 PM
Get Hot Shots Golf and Metal Gear Acid 1 & 2, now you're playing with power.

Sephex
04-24-2006, 11:41 PM
Lumines, Mega Man X, Mega Man: Powered up.

Shoden
04-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Good on ya!
Another gamer turning to the light, thy soul has been saved. Testify!

You should get Dynasty Warriors and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty CIty Stories. Addicting and violent games to carry around with you wherever you like.

TheAbominatrix
04-24-2006, 11:46 PM
While I havent played that particular YS game, I always liked the series. Maybe go for that.

Polnareff
04-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Ark of Napishtim's controls annoyed me because of that little nub Sony calls the PSp's "analog stick." You'd be better off with the PS2 version, IMO. Ys is not suited to that tiny little thing.

But I was gonna suggest BoF3 (looks like you already got it), so that's a good start.

Do you need any recommendations for other genres besides RPGs? Because I haven't played a lot of them, but I have played a few other PSp titles.

~SapphireStar~
04-25-2006, 07:34 AM
By all means, throw any suggestions out here. I was 50/50 with Ys, so I may leave it. I wouldnt mind getting my mitts on Darkstalkers, havent played that in years!

Polnareff
04-25-2006, 10:45 AM
Well, let's see....

Capcom Classics Collection Remixed and Darkstalkers Chronicles are two I would suggest. Mega Man: Powered Up adds a boatload of replay value and better graphics and music to the original MM. Maverick Hunter X is pretty cool as well.

Yes, I know all my recommendations are Capcom titles, but those are really the only ones I had fun with on the PSp. =/

Dreddz
04-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Not an RPG, but Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max is a must if you like 2D Fighters. You've actually bought the only decent RPG's for the PSP. But theres alot of decent ones coming in the future, including FFVII Crisis Core !
Dont forget to get Power Stone in the future ;)

Cid Vicious
04-26-2006, 06:09 PM
The only one i've played of those you've mentioned is PoPoLoCrois. It's good, but too easy if your used to RPG's.

Other good one's to buy:

Burnout Legends
Mega Man: Powerd Up
GTA: Liberty City Stories
Daxter
Kingdom of Paradise
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Prince of Persia Revelations

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Get Metal Gear AC!D and Metal Gear AC!D˛ if you like strategy games.
Get Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X and Mega Man: Powered Up if you like platformers.
Get Capcom Classics Collection Remixed if you like classic arcade action games.

Get Lumines if you have ever enjoyed a video game in your entire life.