PDA

View Full Version : Uematsu in Chicago on 5/27/06

Renmiri
04-25-2006, 05:04 AM
This time is true!!! From EoFF news (http://www.eyesonff.com/) , and tickets are on sale (http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/04003C37D8F96B2C?artistid=881407&majorcatid=10002&minorcatid=203) now

Uematsu to Join Chicago's PLAY!
The immensely popular PLAY! A Video Game Symphony is making a stop in the Windy City next month and Square-Enix's very own Nobuo Uematsu will be on the bill.Uematsu, for those keeping score at home, composed the fanfare that opens every PLAY! performance around the globe, but chances are that those who attend this Midwest showing will hear a few of their Final Fantasy favorites as well. Yasunori Mitsuda of Chrono Trigger fame will also be a part of the event at the Rosemont Theatre in Rosemont, Illinois on May 27, as part of an ensemble featuring many of the most famous composers in the video game industry. Both men will also be part of the VIP meet and greet as well.If you don't want to pass up this opportunity to see some of the best in the business, you can still purchase tickets online at Ticketmaster or check out PLAY!'s official website for more details. Other U.S. performances will take place in Detroit, Philadelphia and Virginia later this summer, and while Uematsu may not make appearances at those shows, we're not opposed to enjoying something other than Final Fantasy every once in a great while.[Sources - PLAY! A Video Game Symphony]

Wohooo!!!! Rosemont Theatre is 20 minutes from my house.
:greenking :quina:

SilverWind
05-17-2006, 04:11 AM
Agh! Amazing! Too bad I'm poor, and in another state. I don't have as much to complain about. I'm relatively close...:D

Chris
05-17-2006, 02:22 PM
That sounds great. I would love to attend a concert conducted by Nobuo Uematsu. But, unfortunately for me, I live in an entirely different part of the world, so I'm afraid the albums would have to do. :)

Hayabusa
05-17-2006, 06:59 PM
I already have my tickets! :)

Renmiri
05-18-2006, 01:30 AM
I already have my tickets! :)
Me too!

Faaaaar away cause I got the cheap ones at $35, but I'll be able to listen at least.

People who paid $150 will get to go to a cocktail party where they will meet Uematsu. Too rich for me, particularly because my 3 kids would probably spill something on a bigwig and get me thrown out before I even met the guy! :D

SilverWind
05-18-2006, 09:13 PM
MEET HIM?!?! He's my idol!!

Zeromus_X
05-19-2006, 03:29 AM
Sweet!

...Too bad I don't live anywhere near there. :P

Hayabusa
05-20-2006, 05:22 PM
I got the cheap ones at $35, but I'll be able to listen at least.

Yeah I got the Cheap-o ones too! :) But the night before at Tower Records it's a FREE signing with Uematsu- It's going to be CRAZY there but I plan to go.

Renmiri
05-20-2006, 06:30 PM
I got the cheap ones at $35, but I'll be able to listen at least.

Yeah I got the Cheap-o ones too! :) But the night before at Tower Records it's a FREE signing with Uematsu- It's going to be CRAZY there but I plan to go.
Woohoo!!!

I probably won't find a babysiter but.. is it the downtown TR ? If I get a bs I'm go:love: ing too!

Hayabusa
05-21-2006, 05:07 AM
"SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., April 25, 2006 - JMP Productions announced today that renowned video game composer Nobuo Uematsu, Japanese/American singer and songwriter Angela Aki and Grammy Award-winning maestro Arnie Roth will participate in an in-store autograph signing event at the Tower Records N. Clark Store in Chicago on May 26, 2006 from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m."

That's off of the site - And I think it's this one

http://www.towerrecords.com/stores/store.asp?storeID=t17156

Renmiri
05-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Wow!!! I wonder if hubby will mind getting stuck alone with the kids on the 26th...

I might go, but if not, please post details here, will ya ?

:)

Hayabusa
05-21-2006, 06:15 PM
Sure thing. I'm expecting it to be such a madhouse.

Sephex
05-26-2006, 12:24 AM
Yeah, I caught the Dear Friend's show on Febuary 19th, 2005 at that very same theater. I just have to hop onto I-294 and I am there in a matter of minutes. Anyway, I would go to this one, but I kind of need to save money. It would be nice to see Nobuo again. Seeing Mitsuda in person IS tempting as hell, though.

Renmiri
05-28-2006, 05:37 PM
WOW! I think pretty much all the composers were there: Uematsu, Jeremy Soule (Elder Scrolls), Takenobu Mitsuyoshi (Shenmue),...

Also Koji Kondo (Zelda), Angela Aki (FF), Akira Yamaoka (Silent Hill) and Bence Pajor gave solo performances and we were treated to KHII and other not previously released pieces :)

The house was packed. The composers were greeted like rock stars, with standing ovations. Even the orchestra and the choir were greeted like rock stars, which is the first time I see happening! The public clearly loved the music even though it has nothing to do with rap and Britney Spears ;)

Audience was pretty varied: One guy dressed as Supermario with red overalls and fake mustache, one guy in a mohawk with military gear, goths, emos, punks, "normal" teens, geeks, preppies, some little kids (including mine) a sizable number of parents w/ teenage sons & daughters, lots of 18-25 year olds, green hair, purple hair, white (as in old!) hair, etc... All ages were represented. A lot of asians, the majority japanese probably. A lot of Americans too. Some muslims with the veil and such. Only one or two african Americans and Hispanics though. I think here in US the Final Fantasy craze has yet to reach the minorities...

But alll that were there clearly loved the games, the music and the composers. And got a great show.

I'll finish my "report" with Uematsu's words:

Uematsu: Music compositions are the seeds, videogames are the soil and your encouragement becomes the water and sunshine. With you this project will flourish

Yesterday was the world premiere of the Play! concet series, which will tour the world during 2006 and 2007. Next stops: Stockolm and Detroit. Keep your eye out for it. It is a great show!

http://www.play-symphony.com/index.php

Hayabusa
05-29-2006, 02:58 PM
IT WAS SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!!!!! It was BLOWING MY MIND that Uematsu was down stairs - I was like _ I CAN SEE HIM - I foolishly in break and at the end went down there thinking I was going to see him- Koji was funny with his solo- Angela was cute in her clothes and performance, she has a voice like crystal. The Silent Hill guy was awesome. Probably the most emotional piece for me was Shenmue. That game changed my life (as lame as that sounds) but it gave me confidence and I started martial arts because of it. It was emotional with the linked emotions, it's a great song, and I almost shed a tear, because there really isn't going to be a shenmue III - The next gen is here...and no Shenmue. :( COME ON SEGA. :( -
Chrono Trigger was also very good.

When they played Aeries' Theme - I wanted to jump down and jump on the piano since I can play it and be like "LOOK UEMATSU!" As much as I wanted to rip my pants off and scream escpecially when they played "One Winged Angel" I had to control myself because I was next to my parents. A lot of people I know were there, Friends, people from school. It was cool. I just ryhmed. But yeah, The crowd was primarly white and asian. The orchestra was so good. They sounded like the recordings of the songs. I was a little disappointed with HALO because the cello's weren't loud enough. But other than that it was perfect - Shenmue was perfect. OWA was awesome - ZELDA- OBLIVION- It was just an amazing night. I kept thinking too, those composers must feel very special and cool to have their music played, get cheered for, and get so much loved recognition themselves.

And you said that they were treated like rockstars. lol - That's exactly what my dad said. I also wanted a more friends CD- But by the time I got downstairs they were out - and I didn't have enough $$$ anyway- They were selling it for $30! - I only had $20 -
----------------
Anyway It was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. LIKE WOW. FANTASTIC - I'm glad I got to go! :)

Renmiri
05-29-2006, 07:32 PM
I never played Shenmue but the song was AWESOME. Now I want to play it bad!!! The good news for ya is that the program says that there will be a new Shenmue: they are just putting the finishing touches in Shenmue Online :love:

Yep, Koji looked just like Mario waving and bobbing his head while playing the Mario theme song on piano :D You play piano too ? Lucky you!

I didn't get the "More friends" CD either, but I got this CD (http://www.chudahs-corner.com/soundtracks/index.php?catalog=SBPS-0006) which was also on sale, from the guy from Chrono Trigger. A good CD but not as good as Oblivion, Shenmue or FF.

What I will buy for sure is the Play! CD when they have it :D :D :D