PDA

View Full Version : Stoped playing the game.

dirkdirden
04-25-2006, 07:35 AM
I stoped playing the game becuase it wasn't getting anyware for me. It started out with an interesting start, but after that your just going around to random places killing heartless and nobodys. I stoped just after aladin world couldn't take it anymore.

did anyone else feel this way about the game too or am I alone?

remghoost
04-29-2006, 04:44 AM
i think your alone here...

Zeromus_X
04-29-2006, 05:14 AM
Unfortunately for the KH games, the story only picks up near the end of the game, and most of it is just self-resolving Disney storylines. :cat: And I can understand why that would turn off some people from the game. Although both games have the motivation of Sora trying to reunite with his friends, that usually takes a long time, and the story doesn't really pick up (the whole scheme of things, at any rate) until then. :cat:

remghoost
04-29-2006, 05:39 AM
very nicely put...
but it is true, if i were you dirkdirden,i would play the game till the end, even if its boring

Zeromus_X
04-29-2006, 05:41 AM
At least the game isn't that difficult. Though I won't blame you for losing interest. :cat:

Khaotic
04-29-2006, 06:03 AM
Apparently not since I hate KH.

McLovin'
04-29-2006, 08:15 PM
The Bosses are WAY TOO EFFING EASY!

teaandmachines
04-29-2006, 09:21 PM
kingodm hearts 2 is an awesome game...
i think it's fun with the Disney levels and doing their stories and stuff.
Pete is the only one who makes me want to yank my hair out. :eep:

mooglebunni608
04-29-2006, 09:24 PM
finish it, the ending is totally worth it!
I got kinda bored too with all the disney worlds and no plot.... but it'll get better!!

Nick Schovitz
04-29-2006, 09:30 PM
no plot there is the plot, you're not paying attention and I did finish it, that guy with the guns was hard, but most of the bosses were fun if a bit mediocre in difficulty, I guess I should've put it on Proud from the begginning.

LunarWeaver
04-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Strange, I was excited to go to each world and solve brand new problems... I thought they did a good job of coming up with scenarios in each world that were unique, and many of them tied in to the ultimate plot in my opinion.

But I'm strange :tonberry:

teaandmachines
04-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Strange, I was excited to go to each world and solve brand new problems... I thought they did a good job of coming up with scenarios in each world that were unique, and many of them tied in to the ultimate plot in my opinion.

But I'm strange :tonberry:

i'm only in agraba [[ sp? ]] but i agree.

*~Angel Wing~*
04-30-2006, 12:15 AM
I've always LOVED Kingdom Hearts and thought this game was EXCELLENT!!! :up: :kaohappy2

Ballistix Man
04-30-2006, 12:18 AM
Meh I stopped too. However I only did so because I predicted the outcome checked the internet and found out I was right. I'm going to start playing again though those plastic chaarachters are too appealing.

Heartless Soul
04-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Apparently not since I hate KH.
Too bad since were talking about the sequel.....

:rolleyes2

You stopped at the Aladdin world? You're not even HALFWAY through the game. Honestly, I know not everybody is going to like it, but sheesh, how many times must Disney be the excuse or the source reason for stopping gameplay and etc......? It's getting tiring and repetive to hear the ''I don't like Disney'' stans state how the game starts great, but than goes downhill when we see Disney characters. God, I honestly hope there will be a negative review for KH2 that can criticize it for decent reasons and not the ''boo!11 Disney sux'' or the people that haven't gotten over the Square/Disney colleberation since '02.

But, to the origina poster, this isn't directed towards you. KH2 is a great, fun game. Just give it a try and ignore the ''Disney sux!11'' crowd. Really, you're being a bit unfair, although it would've been wise to rent it before buying it though...

PontiusPilate
05-07-2006, 12:42 AM
I didn't mind disney. KH II managed to do the impossible, make disney actually cool and appealing to older people. KH and KH II kicks ass. period. The games cutscenes and stories rival most movies. Infact if they made a dvd of the cutscenes (and filled in some areas) I'd buy it. Not only that but the gameplay is also fun (and not gay turnbased!). Another thing is that ALL the characters are incredibly likeable and you get attached to them very easily. The plot is also incredible with twists and great voiceacting. I know this is an opinion, but i dont see how its possible to dislike the game

Heartless Soul
05-07-2006, 01:41 AM
I know this is an opinion, but i dont see how its possible to dislike the game
If you hate Disney, it's very possible. I disagree with you though, what appealed to me most about the game is the colleberation and the fact Disney was making a product with a ''Japanese'' company. As 6th grader back in '03, I always wanted to see Disney mix with something that was like a ''Japanese animation'' or so I refered to it as. KH was pretty close to that.

Disney has always been cool in my book. Since the day I was Beauty and the Beast in theaters to day I began collecting VHS tapes/DVDs and burning MP3s for my walkman.

:D

PontiusPilate
05-07-2006, 05:54 AM
I know this is an opinion, but i dont see how its possible to dislike the game
If you hate Disney, it's very possible. I disagree with you though, what appealed to me most about the game is the colleberation and the fact Disney was making a product with a ''Japanese'' company. As 6th grader back in '03, I always wanted to see Disney mix with something that was like a ''Japanese animation'' or so I refered to it as. KH was pretty close to that.
:D

So you basically saying that if i made a game that sucked in every area, but had a collaberation and it had two companies merge their products into one game, you'd buy it? The point i was trying to make was that the game would be good even without FF or disney.

Heartless Soul
05-07-2006, 04:20 PM
The point i was trying to make was that the game would be good even without FF or disney.
And you missed my point entirely.... Without Disney or Square, KH would not have existed to begin with.

Vyk
05-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Just because it's Disney and Square doesn't just automatically make it universally appealing. I won't even bother with KH2 because of KH1. And not because it had Disney. I just hate the repetitiveness. And from what I've heard it's more of the same in the second. Running around whacking stuff, waiting for a story to develop. Lather, rinse, repeat. No thanks. Too bad too, 'cause they did an excellent job on the Disney atmosphere. And cut-scenes were alright. But I found that I'd actually rather watch the game than play it. Bleh.

Heartless Soul
05-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Just because it's Disney and Square doesn't just automatically make it universally appealing
If you're refering to me, I don't recall myself saying that. Yes, I know this game doesn't appeal to everybody. And yes, I'm quite aware that there are people that like this game that don't have anything against Disney or Square Enix for that matter, just that it isn't their cup of tea. Hell, I love the game, but felt KH2 and KH1 lacked a lot of things. In the sequel, it's a hit and miss. It improves a lot of things that were wrong in the first game.

Button mashing, well, sorry, but it's equally bad in both games (never understood why some debate which is worse). However, in KH2, the character Sora gets shiny and bright abilities that cause him all sorts of things even if some fancy abilities were removed from the first game. But yeah, the rest of the criticisms are half right, anyways.

PontiusPilate
05-07-2006, 11:08 PM
The point i was trying to make was that the game would be good even without FF or disney.
And you missed my point entirely.... Without Disney or Square, KH would not have existed to begin with.

yeah.... no /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif KH would have never been made without disney and square (i discovered this by using something called common sense), i was never argueing with you about that in the first place

one winged shinigami
05-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Well, after nearly finishing the japanese version (where the functions of circle and x buttons are switched) I found out the ending, then when I got a copy of the english version, i played about half the game.

Afterwards, i did some research, and found out that jesse mccartney voiced roxas. Complete shocker.

PontiusPilate
05-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Yeah and in the first KH, backstreet boy, Lance bAss voiced sephiroth and Mandy Moore voiced Aeris

LunarWeaver
05-10-2006, 09:18 PM
How did even this become an argument XD!! Man this stuff is da crazeh sometimes

KH is a very repetetive game, straight-up, but most action-RPGs are. If you don't like that sort of whack-whack-whack the Diablo click-click-click games set the standard for, then no I probably wouldn't buy it.

I mean games are supposed to be fun... So quite frankly, if you sit back and think "This isn't fun," then it isn't for you, and you should just cut your losses and quit. Everybody can't like everything... Except water, I think everybody likes that.

Cruise Control
05-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Waster tastes gross, the need to pee would be more accurate.