PDA

View Full Version : EoFF Classifieds

-N-
04-25-2006, 12:45 PM
I came up with this idea because a friend of mine is interested in finding Dragon Warrior 3 for cheap. Maybe we could set up a board where people can get special deals from each other rather than having to bid with strangers on eBay or something?

I'll let the idea ferment while I continue my travels. Internet time is running out, so discuss and peace out and I'll check on this later, when I'm back.

Shaun
04-25-2006, 01:08 PM
This would be rather complicated to do, with good style... especially given the fact that there are people worldwide on EoFF. I honestly think your friend's best bet would be eBay. It isn't THAT bad. :) However, if this did go ahead I think it should be divided into different forums by region.

Nonetheless, shouldn't this go in the suggestions forum? Good luck anyway.

theundeadhero
04-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Single white skeleton
Ageless
Seperated

Looking for groovy livingdeadgirl to hang out with and maybe go to a few parties. PM me for my number.

Gh["]sT
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
i think that i a awsome idea i think we should plus im looking for anyone who has the game full metal alchemist i so want that game please if you have it pm i will buy it with real money lol :D

NeoCracker
04-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Do you know how tempting it is to PM undead hero right now?

Samuraid
04-25-2006, 01:18 PM
i think that i a awsome idea i think we should plus im looking for anyone who has the game full metal alchemist i so want that game please if you have it pm i will buy it with real money lol :D
Would you be interested in purchasing some punctuation? :p
Just kidding. :p

International shipping can cost a bit, so it may be easier, as others have stated, to just use ebay. Interesting idea though.

Loony BoB
04-25-2006, 02:08 PM
International shipping costs just as much regardless of whether you use eBay or any other site, so I don't know why that would come into play.

However, I still don't think this would really work. We aren't that big a website, and out of those of us that would want to sell our stuff, I'm not sure on whether it would be worth the effort to do it here rather than eBay because, let's face it, you'd make a hell of a lot more money on eBay. Trades might work, but that's about it - and even then there are other sites where there are more people so you can get better deals.

I just don't think this is something that EoFF is made for.

Flying Mullet
04-25-2006, 02:13 PM
I created a forum just for this purpose about two years ago and advertised it here and there was zero interest.

Levian
04-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Yeah, this is a bad idea. Neel has to make three great threads to make up for this one.

Flying Mullet
04-25-2006, 03:05 PM
Which means he's never going to make up for it?

fire_of_avalon
04-25-2006, 03:09 PM
I think it's an awesome idea, but I also believe it would be more trouble than it's worth. I'm not sure exactly how eBay maintains control over all the users, buyers and sellers on the site, but I do know that EoFF probably does not have the legal means to mediate that sort of trade. But this is something I'm just ignorant about.

Also, we have no way to enforce fair transaction, as far as I know. What if one member sends payment to another via paypal and never receives the item they purchased? How do we handle that?

NeoCracker
04-25-2006, 03:11 PM
Call the A-team

Anaisa
04-25-2006, 03:12 PM
I think it's an awesome idea, but I also believe it would be more trouble than it's worth. I'm not sure exactly how eBay maintains control over all the users, buyers and sellers on the site, but I do know that EoFF probably does not have the legal means to mediate that sort of trade. But this is something I'm just ignorant about.

Also, we have no way to enforce fair transaction, as far as I know. What if one member sends payment to another via paypal and never receives the item they purchased? How do we handle that?
We put a contract on their lives. Or even worse, ban them.

Flying Mullet
04-25-2006, 03:48 PM
If you did do something like this, a sub-forum or such, you would state that you are merely providing a means for interested sellers and buyers to get in contact with each other. You have no relationship with either seller or buyer beyond that. What the buyer and seller agree upon and how it is carried out is beyond you and your control. The only thing you would have to watch for are any flames, etc.. if anyone does become disgruntled. Since EoFF is not taking a cut of any sale and has no business relationship with either party it's easy to stay out of things and keep your hands clean, as opposed to eBay, who has a business, and legal, relationship with buyer and seller.

Loony BoB
04-25-2006, 03:53 PM
I think we're just better off not going ahead with this. :p foa's reasons are good ones - no matter how much we distance ourself from any sales, it'd still not be a good look if such a thing happened. I'd rather people just used eBay or something.

Cz
04-25-2006, 05:14 PM
An easier way of doing this sort of thing would be to advertise 'For Sale' or 'Wanted' items in your sig. People can PM you if interested, and it saves the hassle of making and maintaining an extra forum. Of course, any transactions would be at your own risk, but that's up to the people involved, and if advertising is done entirely on an individual basis, then EoFF can hardly be held responsible for any mishaps.

I don't think this sort of thing is disallowed under the forum rules anyway, but I might be wrong.

Dignified Pauper
04-25-2006, 05:27 PM
For Sale: Used sex dungeon equipment. There will be an auction upcoming in Daytona Florida. Whips, Slings, and Loony BoB! ALL MUST GO!

Flying Mullet
04-25-2006, 06:21 PM
For Sale: Used sex dungeon equipment. There will be an auction upcoming in Daytona Florida. Whips, Slings, and Loony BoB! ALL MUST GO!
Reply: Do you have picture of the used Loony BoB?

Heero Yuy NWZC
04-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Haha, I think Neel forgot about the personal classifieds and only thought of the item ones. :laugh: I see undeadhero found a good use for this place. :D

Miriel
04-25-2006, 08:57 PM
The other forums I visit basically have a Buy/Sell forum. In fact virtually every single photography forum I visit has a buy/sell forum with some awesome stuff that members put up for sell.

I am in the process of negotiating to get a Canon 85 1.2 lens for half the original cost. Good stuff.

I don't think it's as complicated as people are making it out to be. EoFF wouldn't have to take any responsibility for fair trade or transactions. But then again, the forums I mentioned are all private forums where the average age of members is more around the 30+ range and trust in the members to conduct fair trades is really a non-issue.

But I don't think EoFF is big enough to warrant a buy/sell forum. Plus with EoFF being an open forum, it'd be a lot easier for people to come and scam people out of their stuff or their money. And really, there's not much demand for it is there?

KoShiatar
04-25-2006, 09:05 PM

What's the starting price for BoB?

eestlinc
04-25-2006, 09:15 PM
if you really want something like an old cartridge of Legend of Zelda for NES or something, you could just make a thread asking if anyone had one they wanted to sell. No need to make an actual forum or publicize it.

McLovin'
04-25-2006, 09:22 PM
It is a good idea. But you are all wrong. ebay is not a better place than EoFF!

Amazon is. :)

Dignified Pauper
04-25-2006, 09:56 PM
The Bidding for the used BoB will start at 150 Franks!

Dreddz
04-25-2006, 09:59 PM
I think its a good idea personally, it might not get massive enthusiasm, but im sure it'll help a few of us. If its too much trouble, then dont go along with it.

Flying Mullet
04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
The Bidding for the used BoB will start at 150 Franks!
I need to see pictures before I buy used goods.

Dignified Pauper
04-25-2006, 10:36 PM
Consider BoB as used books in good condition.

Flying Mullet
04-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Did anyone scribble in his margins?

Pheesh
04-26-2006, 04:03 PM
But I don't think EoFF is big enough to warrant a buy/sell forum. Plus with EoFF being an open forum, it'd be a lot easier for people to come and scam people out of their stuff or their money. And really, there's not much demand for it is there?

you could restrict it to people with a custom title.

I'm not sure, I guess it could work or it could fail miserably. I wouldn't use it either way.

Stay Essential
EE

Dignified Pauper
04-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Did anyone scribble in his margins?

http://www.aiyon.com/keke/static/static19.jpg

Just some good notes on how to read his characters and actions. Nothing fancy, but more like guidelines.

theundeadhero
04-26-2006, 09:40 PM
The sad thing is that after all that BoB still fogot to buy the milk :(