PDA

View Full Version : VG OST rating!

Fynn
04-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Try to pick out three of the best, in your opinion, and shortly describe what makes you like it. Pick three pieces out of each OST, and do the same. (instruction for dummies: 1 means the best, second and third follow, go it?) For example, this is my opinion:
III - Final Fantasy VI OST - it just had some original ideas, like "Aria di Mezzo Caraterre". If it weren't for the technical limitations, it would have been Final Fantasy's first vocal piece featured in a game.
3. Spinach Rag - just great. Nobuo's first (I think) ragtime, and what a ragtime it is!
2. Aria di Mezzo Caraterre - see above.
1. Tina's (Terra's) Theme - Just beautiful. It's very emotional, but gives you that feeling of... adventure,or discovery!
II - Final Fantasy VII OST - I love this one for no good reason... no, wait, there's one: the first choral piece in the series: "One-Winged Angel"! This VG OST just confirms how versatile a composer Nobuo is...
3. Main Theme - another uber-emotional overworld teme... What can I say?
2. Aerith's Theme - beutiful - sad, yet hopelifting. Love and death theme... If you know the context, the piece is even more spellbinding.
1. One-Winged Angel - Ingenious... It's just so chaotic, and the choir just magnifies the urgency of Sephiroth's theme.
I - Now this is a tie between Final Fantasy X OST and Kingdom Hearts II OST...
FFX OST:
3. Assault - Brilliant! This piece gives you the feeling of adventure and makes you think "Man, now there's no way we're losing!".
2. Lulu's Theme - It's so beautiful and mysterious, that I'm lost for words...
1. To Zanarkand - Ah... So simple, yet so beautiful... It seems cold at first, but later on it simply explodes with emotion... brilliant...
KHII OST:
3. The Organisation - it's both sad and villanious... wonderful... I haven't played the game yet, but it makes me think that the Organisation is more than just evil for evil's sake.
2. The 13th Struggle - Ingenious! I've heard it first on my GBA, but this one is so much better! And th "Another Side" bit later...
1. Fantasia alla Marcia... - There was no better ending piece in the world... It's dramatic, nostalgic - everything! I particularily like the "Dearly Beloved" parts. The choir not only increases the emotional nature of the piece, but also makes it sound epic...

Phew.... Did it... Now let's see you do something like that :tonberry:

Ramza Beoulve
04-25-2006, 09:08 PM
III.- Legend of Mana OST.- Beautiful music, it takes me to my child memories, when I was ever happy, is a great way to make you joyful. It just makes you feel good.

3.- Moonlit City Roa.- a great ambience, it makes you feel calm, and takes you to past, and makes you feel just wonderful.
2.- Bonded By The Soul.- a complete lonely and sorrowful song. If you enjoy what the nature makes you feel, this is your song, and gives you hopes, for a good tomorrow.
1.- Those Who Are Shining.- a perfect song, it was a song I choose for my life love, now probably lost... it still gives me hopes for a perfect tomorrow, where she is happy, with or without me... man, I want to cry.

II.- Final Fantasy VIII OST.- maybe one underestimated sountrack, it takes with it songs that I love through my life, because they take me to obtain glory.

3.- Mods De Chocobo.- a happy and joyful song, like all of chocobo's songs, and that gives you happiness for sure.
2.- FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC.- a perfect hymn, that makes you feel anger, hate, fury, and at same times, gives you a reason to fight.
1.- Fragments of Memories.- a plain simple song, maybe it is too simple, but if you can hear the music with strong feelings, this song makes you feel the love that you have in your hearth

I.- Castlevania Symphony of the Night OST.- Just... PERFECT. This soundtrack mix a lot of styles, electronic, goth, epic, romantic, but in special the feeleing that the songs bring, that lonely feeling, that... sorrow feeling. but at same time, this soundtrack makes you feel there is something you are fighting for...

3.- Dance of Pales.- a perfect song, with a classic feeling, but if you hear it well, you find there is a lot of feelings in it, sorrow, hate, fury, but mainly, it makes you feel yourself.
2.- Final Toccata.- Plain evil, if you hear it well, you can feel the evil that the game shows you through all of it, also, it feels perfect for a Castlevania game.
1.- Festival of Servants.- you feel bloodthirsty? hear this. a perfect battle song, that makes you understand the evil power of this game, and also, is a really good metal song at same time. hear it a full volume... if you dare...

Oh, and something more, I did something like that :moomba:

Dreddz
04-25-2006, 09:40 PM
FFVII -
3. Main Theme
2. Reunion
1. On That day 5 years ago

Chrono Trigger-

3. Chrono Trigger
2. 1000 AD
1. Secret Of The Forest

FFX

3. Scorching Desert
2. The Silence BeforeThe Storm
1. Fantasy

I dont need to explain, you lot should know these OST's are the best.