PDA

View Full Version : whats so great about 9?

tenhitcombo
04-26-2006, 06:01 PM
wats so great about 9? i found it hard to enjoy,bad story bad graphics bad characters i mean all the fans out there tell me why i should keep playin this?(im still in that forest on disc 1)ok bye:cool:

Quindiana Jones
04-26-2006, 06:38 PM
I don't really see the point in asking what's so great about something if you don't enjoy it. Just get rid of it.

Though, "bad graphics"? Do you not look at the backgrounds?

Vivisteiner
04-26-2006, 06:39 PM
wats so great about 9? i found it hard to enjoy,bad story bad graphics bad characters i mean all the fans out there tell me why i should keep playin this?(im still in that forest on disc 1)ok bye:cool:
The Story is very good. How can you judge it if your still on disk 1? The graphics were good for the time. The characters develop and become more interesting as the game goes on. The battles are of a decent hardness. Good sidequests...Whats not to like? Apart from deformed characters:p

DarkLadyNyara
04-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Dont criticize the story until you've played for more than the first two hours. :mad: It does start slow, but it gets better.

Zeromus_X
04-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Yes. Exactly like Final Fantasy VIII. Most stories don't start off fast, none of them do.

Anyway...FFIX doesn't need to be explained why it's a good game. If you don't like a game that's everything that defines Final Fantasy crammed into 4 CDs, then I don't really know what's wrong with you.

Then again, this is just going to be like the other thread, so it won't matter. :cat:

Shadow705
04-26-2006, 08:23 PM
I would give a list of reasons, but your reasoning seems to be that of a 5 year old. Howabout instead I answer with another question. Whats so great about FF8? Im just over an hour into it, the characters bore me, the story so far is nonextistant, and the battles are nothing special.

See where im going here? I can't judge any of that from an hour of play.

YTDN
04-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Oh dear.

This is like the 'what's so great about ff6' thread.

Oh dear.

tenhitcombo, stop bashing games after hardly playing them. I've played about 3/4 of the game and I like it.

If you are bashing a game because it is not your precious FF8, you suck.

Also, If you turn this into your other thread and refuse to hear what we say, i will personally burninate you.

wingHEART
04-27-2006, 12:43 AM
It's just a fun game to play. You've got funny characters, an intriguing storyline, awesome music...
Personally, the graphics aren't my favorite, but the cartoony-style is kind of cute. I think it suits the game.
But if you're not into it now, there's probably no point in playing. lol. Besides...is any of the things anybody says really going to change your mind?

LunarWeaver
04-27-2006, 01:43 AM
I don't really understand this Anti-Certain Numbers thing. I love RPGs. Not Final Fantasy for the sake of it, not Square's name, I love RPGs as a genre. Therefore, I also like all the Final Fantasy games because they are fun examples of the genre, just like I enjoy Shadow Hearts, or Xenosaga, or the Chrono games...

I guess I just look at them as great RPGs, something I enjoy playing, and that's all it is to me... The Final Fantasy developers make fun games to me, so I play them. Don't get so wrapped up in making it more then it is >_> You either like it or hate, but don't hate it because its name is a popular brand and you planned on hating it before you began anyway (like you have).

Ballistix Man
04-27-2006, 03:11 AM
I played the game. Did'nt like. I quit. Nothing much to post about. Aint that right tenhitcombo ;)

nik0tine
04-27-2006, 03:49 AM
By "still in the forest" I assume you mean Evil forest, which means that you haven't been playing for more than thirty minutes to an hour. It's absurd to give up a game that fast.

I considered giving Xenogers up in the beginning because I thought it was boring, but it turned out to be one of the greatest things I've ever spent time on. Don't give this game up until disk 2 at the very least.

Besides, FFIX had great characters and a terrific story. I loved every minute of it.

FallenAngel411
04-27-2006, 03:56 AM
I liked it enough. Just play it. I hope you're not making these threads just to see how many responses you can get. If another one pops up for another FF, I'm boycotting you.

NeoCracker
04-27-2006, 04:25 AM
By "still in the forest" I assume you mean Evil forest, which means that you haven't been playing for more than thirty minutes to an hour. It's absurd to give up a game that fast.

I considered giving Xenogers up in the beginning because I thought it was boring, but it turned out to be one of the greatest things I've ever spent time on. Don't give this game up until disk 2 at the very least.

Besides, FFIX had great characters and a terrific story. I loved every minute of it.
Best Advice Here. I mean I played FF VIII through disc three before determining it was Crap. At least play through Disc one of one of IX before bashing it withought knowing much about it yourself.

Darth Cid
04-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Zidane: *smiles at tenhitcombo and cranks his knuckles* First off tenhitcombo, PM me, I have something I want to discuss with you, second off, play through it, I play through all Final Fantasies before giving my over-all opinions, overall, it takes a person with an understanding of how how spiky-haired PMSer and scar headed PMSer was the cover of the games. Thank you for your uneeded trolling in my forum.

vivi"s son#7
04-27-2006, 06:08 AM
vivi....!

tenhitcombo
04-27-2006, 10:41 AM
I played the game. Did'nt like. I quit. Nothing much to post about. Aint that right tenhitcombo ;)

yep thats right man nothing special here i quit too;)

Mo-Nercy
04-27-2006, 11:07 AM
FFIX is a throwback to the old, classic FFs that all the non-noobs know and love. If you didn't like FFVI, chances were that FFIX would've been a similar experience.

If you quit, you're missing out on a lot. If you never plan on playing FFs I-VI, you should at least go through this to get a sense of what a traditional class-based RPG plays like (none of this FFX2 dressphere bs).

But hey, if you'd rather JUST love FFVIII, I'm fine with that. There's not enough FF8 love going around these days.

tenhitcombo
04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
yer your right ill just love 8 i dont got enough love to love 9 because my heart is so dark and plain evil...........oh well.bye

NeoCracker
04-27-2006, 11:38 AM
Well, as Far as FF's go we seam to be at opposite ends of the field Tenchim I hate eight and think there should be less love and the opposite for Nine. THough I find my kind outnumbered by yours.

Angel Heart
04-27-2006, 01:22 PM
I've played FF 7, 8, 9, 10 And 10-2. And my favourite is 9, it was the first one i played so maybe thats why, but i also think it has great characters and the story is good. Most people seem to think 6 is the best, but i've not played it so i would'ent know. :tongue:

Darth Cid
04-27-2006, 03:38 PM
Zidane: Ha! I'm played them all, except 3, that's why I like all of them except 8.

Dell
04-27-2006, 04:13 PM
It's the best game forever, it is my second game after FFVII and I like it, I have many reasons why I like it, like Vivi and many more.

EDIT: ZidaneAndGarnet, you say you love all FF but you stab FFVII in one of FFVII thread, so that isn't nice.

Darth Cid
04-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Zidane: I'm only stating that FFVII has flaws we don't hate FFVII, and you're wrong, FFIX is the best game forever and beyond.

Dell
04-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Zidane: I'm only stating that FFVII has flaws we don't hate FFVII, and you're wrong, FFIX is the best game forever and beyond.

Do you mean me or another post:
If you mean me, read my post very well, I said FFVII is my first game and I like it, it brought me to FF, when I play FFIX, I was amazed, it is my favourite FF forever.

Darth Cid
04-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Zidane: FFVII and FFIX will always be the best games in the series.

fire_of_avalon
04-27-2006, 04:41 PM
tenhitcombo, you aren't doing this anymore. If you don't like a game, you can share your opinion on it, IF YOU HAVE ONE. If you don't have anything to share about the game, besides saying it has bad graphics, then do not make threads about them.

If you need help on the game, that's a different story.