PDA

View Full Version : Negative Combo vs Combo Plus

Rizzice
04-26-2006, 11:53 PM
Just had to make a thread about it, Tav...

Well anyway, I was told that negative combos are actually a lot better than combo plusses when it comes to hand to hand combat.

Negative Combos:
Less hits to reach finishing move. But by taking off combo plus and using negatie combo instead, one loses the potential benefits of combo boost, right?

Combo Plus:
More hits in a combo (of course), yet more chance to be interrupted while approaching the finishing move. Also adds damage to the finisher if one has Combo Boost ability (not sure how much..).

So which one would actually be better to use?

Neo Blackheart
04-27-2006, 04:00 PM
Combo Plus and Combo boost is some battles. In some the other way around.

NeoCracker
04-27-2006, 05:45 PM
for breaking things Negative Combo is the best. Otherwise combo plus all the way

Roogle
04-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Doesn't it get a little boring with Negative Combo — going straight to the finishing movie after a brief number of hits?

Ouch!
04-27-2006, 07:26 PM
I dislike negative combo except for when it's necessary to complete minigames.

ZeZipster
04-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Negative Combo seems to be for more Magic based people because you get to Explosion quicker and do the finishing move of a spell faster too.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-27-2006, 09:57 PM
I dislike negative combo except for when it's necessary to complete minigames.

SeeDRankLou
04-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Negative Combo seems to be for more Magic based people because you get to Explosion quicker and do the finishing move of a spell faster too.
Yeah, negative combo + finishing plus works wonders in Wisdom Form, but just for normal Keyblade bashing, combo plus and combo boost all the way.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-27-2006, 10:17 PM
what do you mean by tht?

SeeDRankLou
04-27-2006, 11:35 PM
In Wisdom Form, when Sora attacks he fires magical bullet type things, and the Attack command is replaced with Shoot (I'm not sure that's exactly right, but lets say it is). With each "Shoot" Sora fires three bullets. So if you have a standard three hit combo, Sora fires three bullets at steady speed for every "Shoot" except for the combo finisher, in which he does three three-bullets blasts in rapid succession. If you add a combo plus, he'll have one more "Shoot" before he does the combo finisher. However if you give him a negative combo, he'll do one "Shoot" and skip to the combo finisher, which is very beneficial in that form when you are trying to kill the heartless, not just hurt them. And if you tag on finishing plus with negative combo, he'll do one "Shoot" and then do the combo finisher twice, which is uber-powerful for that form. It's nice when you are trying to level up Wisdom Form, or if you just like to use it.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Berserk Charge + Negative Combo + Explosion on any boss fight.

berserk charge enables you to quickly hammer the boss's HP to next to nothing, but (as i found during the sephiroth fight) It is impossible to kill most bosses with Berserk Charge in Effect (while Mp is recharging) because they must be killed with a finisher. enter negative combo. Two hits = finisher = kills boss.

ZeZipster
04-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Berserk Charge + Negative Combo + Explosion on any boss fight.

berserk charge enables you to quickly hammer the boss's HP to next to nothing, but (as i found during the sephiroth fight) It is impossible to kill most bosses with Berserk Charge in Effect (while Mp is recharging) because they must be killed with a finisher. enter negative combo. Two hits = finisher = kills boss.

Bingo. My brother got Sephiroth down to no health with the max amount of combos possible and yet when it came down to killing him he couldn't because Sephiroth kept disappearing towards the end of the combo. Pretty funny watching him get Sephiroth down to no health and then dying to him. But yeah, I went with the opposite set-up and did exactly what you just said. You have control over how many times you attack when you use Berserk Charge.

Explosion is based on you Magic level though so it might not be as potent depending on how people have their character set up. I wanna see how high I can get my Magic up to cause the thought of 1 hit killing Sephiroth turns me on. But I don't wanna feel like I have no life so I probably won't bother.

Necronopticous
04-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Negative Combo with Fenrir and finishing modifiers equipped is insanely powerful, far more than anything you can achieve with combo plus.

Lord Xehanort
04-28-2006, 09:45 PM
Negative Combo + Fenrir + Finisher Boost + That Ability That Chains Finisher + Guard Break + That Finisher In Which Sora Smashes The Keyblade Into The Ground And Knocks Foes Into The Air And Leaps Up With Them + That Air Finisher In Which Sora Hits About Three Times = A Single Foe's Worst Nightmare

Negative Combo + Fenrir + Explosion + Cosmic Arts + Soldier Earring Upgraded Version + Star Charm + As Many Magic Ups As You Can Find/Make = Clearing The Field

But Combo Plus is useful, until you get Fenrir.

Rizzice
04-28-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm level 54 on Sora, can I kill Sephiroth for Fenrir yet? If not, when can I?

Lord Xehanort
04-29-2006, 07:40 PM
At level 54, Sephi will probably chew you up and toss you aside without breaking a sweat.