PDA

View Full Version : just a mal a la tete or something.

rubah
04-27-2006, 01:38 AM
Has anyone ever done that thing where you don't really move your neck weird, but your neck thinks you do, and it feels like it just BURSTS with blood inside and the back of your head gets really hot and burns for a few minutes?

That happens to me every once in a while. And i don't know what it is or why it happens, so that's sorta creepy, but it hasn't affected me too much apparently!

Does anyone know what this is, or have any other strange head-related odd pains and ailments?

RSL
04-27-2006, 01:54 AM
I think I know what you're describing! That or something like it happens to me on occasion. It's really annoying and kind of scary.

fire_of_avalon
04-27-2006, 01:56 AM
My roommate and I were talking about this yesterday. So yes.

SammieBabe
04-27-2006, 01:57 AM
I get migraines, but that's about it. I'm pretty sure that I've never been through what you're describing, rubah...

FallenAngel411
04-27-2006, 02:10 AM
GAH yes it hurts like hell. It's so random, I have no idea what causes it. It must be something natural if everyone seems to experience it. Well, a lot of people, anyway.

Ouch!
04-27-2006, 02:38 AM
The only thing that ever happens to my neck is a slight tingle after I crack it every morning. It usually cracks pretty loudly. Sickening sound, really, but it feels nice.

Zeromus_X
04-27-2006, 02:42 AM
When I was younger, I got those alot. God, they were horrible. :cat: :(

Elite Lord Sigma
04-27-2006, 02:54 AM
That's happened to me a few times. I do remember my neck hurting immensely.

mooglebunni608
04-27-2006, 03:06 AM
I hate it when that happens!
ouchy.....

Dignified Pauper
04-27-2006, 03:07 AM
no idea what you are talking about

Reles
04-27-2006, 04:53 AM
No, that's never happened to me. You're a mutant Allie! Sounds painful though. :/ Je n'ai pas mal a la tete.

NeoCracker
04-27-2006, 04:56 AM
I use to bang my headd into walls continously as a youngling. I also had a lot of headaches. I've always thought that this was odd, now I think it may have been related to the head banging. I'm still doughful of that Idea though.

Roto13
04-27-2006, 05:07 AM
I've never experienced what you're describing. As for other head problems, I don't know if this counts, but...

One night I was toweling off in the bathroom after a shower and I started feeling a little like I was going to throw up. Not like I was going to do it at that very moment, but the way you feel when it's leading up to it. Then I started having trouble breathing. I thought it must be because of all of the steam (I have really hot showers), so I quickly pulled on my clothes and opened the door and left the bathroom (leaving my glasses behind). The thing is, I didn't get any better. Just worse. It got harder and harder to breath. I noticed my vision was blurry, so I went in to get my glasses. They didn't help. My vision was still blurry, I couldn't breath, and I was starting to feel weak. I threw open the front door and stuck my head out to try to get some fresh air, but I might as well have been breathing into a plastic bad. Then I turned around and stumbled towards my brother's bedroom. I woke him up and ghasped at him to go wake my mom up. Then I went in and sat on the edge of my bed and started shaking, still not breathing, still dizzy, still blurry. After a few more minutes, it passed. It was freaky when it was happening, though. I didn't know what was going on.

Mittopotahis
04-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Has anyone ever done that thing where you don't really move your neck weird, but your neck thinks you do, and it feels like it just BURSTS with blood inside and the back of your head gets really hot and burns for a few minutes?
Yes, I understand completely....

Old Manus
04-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Yeah my neighbour had it but he got internal bleeding and died so that was sad :(

Itsunari 2000
04-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah, it's happened before.

Anaisa
04-27-2006, 12:52 PM
I think I know what you're talking about rubah. If it's what I'm thinking of, that happens to me sometimes when I turn to look at something quickly. So I think it's caused by that.

smittenkitten
04-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Yeah I get those sometimes it feels so strange *shivers* How weird. :)

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
04-27-2006, 01:06 PM
I've never experienced what you're describing. As for other head problems, I don't know if this counts, but...

One night I was toweling off in the bathroom after a shower and I started feeling a little like I was going to throw up. Not like I was going to do it at that very moment, but the way you feel when it's leading up to it. Then I started having trouble breathing. I thought it must be because of all of the steam (I have really hot showers), so I quickly pulled on my clothes and opened the door and left the bathroom (leaving my glasses behind). The thing is, I didn't get any better. Just worse. It got harder and harder to breath. I noticed my vision was blurry, so I went in to get my glasses. They didn't help. My vision was still blurry, I couldn't breath, and I was starting to feel weak. I threw open the front door and stuck my head out to try to get some fresh air, but I might as well have been breathing into a plastic bad. Then I turned around and stumbled towards my brother's bedroom. I woke him up and ghasped at him to go wake my mom up. Then I went in and sat on the edge of my bed and started shaking, still not breathing, still dizzy, still blurry. After a few more minutes, it passed. It was freaky when it was happening, though. I didn't know what was going on.

Was the room particularly cold? Rapid changes in temperature might affect you like that. I felt like that after I lost a lot of blood a while ago. So it was probably some kind of shock.

Rubah, I've never heard of what you're talking about. I've never had one either... (whoo hoo!)

Cz
04-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Oh, thank gooness for that! I thought there was something horribly wrong with me. :D

Yeah, it's kind of worrying, but it doesn't seem to be dangerous or anything. Looks like we'll live.

Shaun
04-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Not sure about the neck pains, but I have a migraine most mornings. I get out of bed and feel a burning sensation in my head - I can't really describe it. My vision goes all fuzzy and blurred, and it feels like I've hit my head - hard. It wears off about about thirty seconds, but it's not good...

crono_logical
04-27-2006, 03:27 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about, but I can crack my neck much like I can crack my knuckles :p

gyaku_zuki
04-27-2006, 03:44 PM
I know EXACTLY what your talking about!

I heard its muscular-related, like pulling a neck-muscle.

Dignified Pauper
04-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Is this comparable to when your foot locks up and tenses and you feel like you want to die? If that were in my foot, I'd probably kill myself. Just a suggestion Rube. *molests*

MadHero
04-27-2006, 05:59 PM

Sounds like a bad case of dehydration.

Zeldy
04-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Whenever I used to run in PE last Summer, my neck would just Jolt and this searing hot pain ran up my neck. It only lasted a few seconds, but the teacher said I should check it out.

Wen't to the hospital, had an Xray and there was nothing wrong with my neck. Strange, no? Doctor said it was just one of those things that can't get the answer to.

I still get it every now and then, if somebody tickles me and I squirm I get that pain again.

And its "J'ai mal a la tete" ^_^

DeathKnight
04-27-2006, 07:24 PM
yeah, when you yawn past the limit, your neck freezes or something and your throad comes out of place if I'm right, I hate it when that happens to me. It RARELY happens, but it does happen:mog:

Roto13
04-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Dizziness story.
Sounds like a bad case of dehydration.
I don't think it was dehydration. I don't think I had any reason to be short on fluids. Hell, I was standing under a stream of water before it happened :p

Also, it wasn't cold in my house at the time. I had the furnace turned up, since I was getting in the shower.

rubah
04-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Whenever I used to run in PE last Summer, my neck would just Jolt and this searing hot pain ran up my neck. It only lasted a few seconds, but the teacher said I should check it out.

Wen't to the hospital, had an Xray and there was nothing wrong with my neck. Strange, no? Doctor said it was just one of those things that can't get the answer to.

I still get it every now and then, if somebody tickles me and I squirm I get that pain again.

And its "J'ai mal a la tete" ^_^
I have been in french class long enough to realize that ;p

Hmm, this is sorta weird how some people have it and some don't. I wonder if there's a common factor!