PDA

View Full Version : Beat ffviii, and got some questions.

DoaJ
04-27-2006, 03:22 AM
Alright, I just beat FFVIII for the first time, and watched all the credits and whatnot. now the screen is black...is it gonna give me a save option? did it automatically save? can I turn it off without having to fight Ultimecia again? Im confused.

nik0tine
04-27-2006, 03:24 AM
No. You cannot save at this point. Besides, why would you want to save? There's nothing left to do.

DoaJ
04-27-2006, 03:26 AM
So...I just have to strat back in the castle, then leave, go get the Ragnarok, and do whats available?..I kinda wanted something else...like cities...and balamb garden so I have people to card battle. And strat my card collection over after card modding them all. I never beat King earlier, so the card club wont be there will they?

nik0tine
04-27-2006, 03:32 AM
I don't know if you have to beat king or just play her. Who knows, you might get lucky. But yes, in order to do what is left in the game you will have to start from your last save, then get the Ragnarok and then go from there.

Also, if you want someone to play cards with the card queen is in the same area as the escape pod from the lunar base, but she isn't easy to find. She's in the Esthar region, but I strongly advise you to consult a map.

DoaJ
04-27-2006, 03:37 AM
hmmm...well, I didnt fight the King either...whoops. that bites, eh. well, I guess I'll find Ragnarok, and go to the deep sea research center and whatnot. kinda dissapointed though. thanks for the help nik0tone..:(

NM
04-27-2006, 10:22 AM
If your on disc 4, most of the cities will be locked, and you can't enter them. If you want to go back and do other things, you really need a save file on disc 3.

<<MiKo BaHaMuT>>
04-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Too bad FF VIII doesn't have New Game + available v.v
I always keep a save file in Disc 3 before entering Lunatic Padora in Disc 4.
That way, even if I completed the game, I can still load into the Disc 3 file to complete side quests ^^

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-01-2006, 12:21 PM
You can still play King and others after arriving at Ultimecias Castle...just go to the Ragnarok, the members of the card club will be there