PDA

View Full Version : The Joker Cards

NeoCracker
04-27-2006, 06:52 AM
The six Joker Cards were a gimmick used by ICP. This isn't really about the music of them, but what you though of the Concepts behind the Six Joker Cards.
Here is a page describing the meaning of each Joker Card (http://www.insaneclownposse.com/page.php?page_id=icp_jokers_cards)

First, what do you think of the Idea behind the Joker Cards?
Which one do you find holds the most meaning and Truth?

I think the whole Idea of the Joker cards is great. It actually has a good message behind it. WHat I got out of it was whats evil and wrong isn't allways in your actions, but behind the mindset of which they are done. Someone doing something that is considered less wrong than something else may still be considered more evil. Here's an example

Someone steals from a family because they are starving on the streat, but he only stole because he was starving.
Someone else simply walks by and shoves someone else out of there way causing no real harm to them, however he did this because he believes himself to be above them, and thinks of them only as worthless trash.

In this scenario, who would be the more evil of the two?

Also I though the Fourth Joker Card, the Great Malinko, is the best one. The concept behind the great Malinko is that he is the Illusion people cast over themselves and the evil acts they do to obtain this Illusion. The site I posted gives a better explanaiton.