PDA

View Full Version : whos better squall,tidus,cloud or zidane??

tenhitcombo
04-27-2006, 12:14 PM
so whoz better out of the four??
1.squall
2.tidus
3.cloud
4.zidane
and just because this is a ff8 forum dosnt mean 8 gets an advantage.ok

TheSpoonyBard
04-27-2006, 12:24 PM
I think the only way you'll avoid bias is by posting this in the General FF forum.

For me, my list is

1. Squall
2. Cloud
3. Zidane
4. Tidus

tenhitcombo
04-27-2006, 12:27 PM
nah nevermind overhere is great

<<MiKo BaHaMuT>>
04-27-2006, 12:37 PM
I've seen several threads like this in other forums and also had troubles in choosing who's the best...
Squall and Cloud are both awesome.

But in the end, my rankings are:
1. Cloud
2. Squall
3. Tidus
4. Zidane (Don't like him much...)

tenhitcombo
04-27-2006, 12:40 PM
yer zidane suks dont vote for him

Darth Cid
04-27-2006, 03:45 PM
Zidane: This is pathetic, this thread belongs in General Discussion. May I ask a Cid Knight or administrator to move this?

Zidane: Yeah, Zidane sucks for actually acting his gender, let me tell you.[/sarcasm] Cloud was never a SOLDIER btw.

1. Zidane(Actual male)
4. Cloud(Overhyped moron with big sword)
4. Tidus(pathetic whiner)
4. Squall(Like he's acts like a male...if a male had periods! He's unbelievably pathetic!)

DoaJ
04-27-2006, 04:33 PM
1. Squall (my fav FF game, but Zell is better, hehe)
2. Cloud (a classic)
3. Zidane (didnt play this one very much, but I plan on buying it soon)
4. Tidus (I dont like ffx)

fire_of_avalon
04-27-2006, 04:35 PM
tenhitcombo, let people vote for whom they want to vote for.

I'm moving this to general FF.

Darth Cid
04-27-2006, 04:35 PM
tenhitcombo, let people vote for whom they want to vote for.

I'm moving this to general FF.

Zidane: Thank you.

but Zell is better, hehe

Zidane: I agree.

YTDN
04-27-2006, 04:45 PM
Zidane. he's funny and cool but doesn't look like a girl.

Dreddz
04-27-2006, 05:06 PM
If this comes down to power, Cloud. If its just my personal favourite Zidane

Dell
04-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Definitely Cloud followed by Squall, then Tidus and lastly Zidane.

DarkLadyNyara
04-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Zidane, cause the other three are emo whiners. :mad:

Darth Cid
04-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Zidane: Oh yeah, the playing field is officially level thanks to this poll being moved. :cool:

Dell
04-27-2006, 05:58 PM
mwahahahhahahaha!!!

All of the characters are tied with 4 vote except FOR....Tidus!! the crybaby!

Squall is a Elite SeeD
Cloud is an Ex-Soldier
Zidane is a Master Thief

I wonder who will win?

Squall is a strong character with great stat (I prefer Zell) and is a balanced character, his Lionheart can hit 16 times giving a tear to the enemies. His emotional feeling bored me.
Cloud is a maintain character with good stat (I prefer Nanaki) among all, his Omnislash hit 15 times and shiver never end. He is too quiet, boring.
Zidane is well-balanced character, he's fast and strong like the combination of Steiner and Amarant, Zidane is also a great character in storyline. However, Zidane speak much but he's the best (I prefer Vivi)

Well all three character FIGHT!!!

NeoCracker
04-27-2006, 06:23 PM
1. Zidane
2. Cloud
3. Tidus
4. Squall, (I agree Zell is cooler)

Whoever in Cloud and Tidus's defense they are not Emo, only Emo-ish.

Elpizo
04-27-2006, 06:31 PM
1. Zidane
2. Tidus
3. Cloud
4. Squall

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Zidane is definitively the best of all of them. He has the most interesting personality, and he's just a compelling character. Tidus is second because he also has a personality, and is a believable and decently developed character.

Vivisteiner
04-27-2006, 06:50 PM
1. Zidane(Actual male)
4. Squall(Like he's acts like a male...if a male had periods! He's unbelievably pathetic!)
My thoughts exactly. Although Tidus gets better as the game goes on whereas Squall gets worse as the game goes on.

Amaru
04-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Looks like Zidane is storming ahead. My own personal rankings:

1: Cloud
2: Squall
3: Zidane
4: Tidus

DeathKnight
04-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Tidus, he interacts with EVERYONE in the party, unlike *cough* Squall and Zidane:rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2

Crossblades
04-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Zidane

crazybayman
04-27-2006, 07:32 PM
me.

RedCydranth
04-27-2006, 07:45 PM
The question is who is better, not who do you like more.
Being a whiny emo boy doesn't mean they suck in a fight.

Cloud.

Rantz
04-27-2006, 09:17 PM
I don't know if I'm qualified to vote as I haven't played X?

If I am, I think the better one of the other three is Cloud. He is powerful and can do some useful stuff.
Zidane can get ok physical attacks and it's fun to steal good stuff, but IMO the party would be better of if you could replace him.
Squall is almost as good as Cloud, just a little bit... less.

When it comes to personal liking though (just to make a conversation), I like Zidane the best.

cloud_doll
04-27-2006, 09:49 PM
1. Squall
2. Cloud
3. Tidus
4. Zidane

Squall was very interesting to me, and he was cute. he was also brave. i liked his personality. I just didn't like the game.

Cloud was just really nice in my eyes. He seemed like a great leader and determined to do what he aimed for.

Tidus was a little annoying, but okay.

Zidane, well, i actually have nothing against him because I've never really played the game! Just the beginning then stopped.

Reles
04-27-2006, 10:05 PM
Zidane. His personality is more interesting in my opinion.

Holy Lancer
04-27-2006, 10:54 PM
I like Zidane the best. His character is the best!

Darth Cid
04-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Zidane: Well, look who's pwning! *assumes Randy Orton pose*

Shiny
04-28-2006, 02:08 AM
1. Zidane
2. Cloud
3. Squall
4. Tidus (What a whiny brat. I hated him so much I let him die in a boss battle just to watch his body lie there all rigamortis.)

dodhungry
04-28-2006, 03:43 AM
I say
Squall I like Squall the best cause he is ultra powerfull but very quite reminds me of my self at times

Zidane is a cool thief. I wish he was a main character knight like beatrix though

Cloud Is kinda tied with zidane. I wish his life was not so f'd up and he could have been cooler.

Tidus pathetic whiney and very girly voice. plah dont care for tidus :shoot:

Zeromus_X
04-28-2006, 03:46 AM
Zidane, I guess. :cat:

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-28-2006, 05:59 AM
Best is pretty general, so I would say character and personality very much apply, as "best" should take all aspects into consideration.

LunarWeaver
04-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Such little love for Tidus and so much for Zidane? Not sure if I'm happy or sad about that.

I vote Tidus because his final Overdrive involves kicking a ball into the enemy's face. Even gets an assist from Lulu/Rikku. Awesome in a box.

<<MiKo BaHaMuT>>
04-28-2006, 07:44 AM
Wow I'm surprised that Zidane is in the lead lol ^_^
Suprising...

Crow
04-29-2006, 05:14 AM
easily Zidane

Forsaken Lover
04-30-2006, 07:34 AM
Zidane is seen as a bad character for no real reason that can survive scrutiny. The only thing that makes sense is that people played FFVII and FFVIII and grew accustomed to stoic, aloof jackasses for heroes and not someone who actually expresses emotions and doesn't suffer some deep-rooted mental complex.

Cloud for example, was deluded and suffered the severest case of inferiority complex just because he couldn't hang with the big boys. So, as was stated in Cloud's Past when you discover the truth of it all, on top of Jenova's influence on his mind, Cloud wanted to hide because in short, he sucked. He wasn't the man and he longed to be the man and when that hit him, he couldn't accept it. So, throughout a majority of the game, we have a psychologically wraped failure for a hero. He has the whole 'uncaring' persona and somehow this establishes him as a badass because men can't express emotion and be cool....Jesus, we haven't really progressed much, have we?

Squall similarly shares Cloud's detached persona masking an internal fear of relying on others due to the fact I guess he wanted some of Ellione. Yes, Squall dear, when you're a bit older..... Anyway, it's just he doesn't radiate leadership or strength at all. He is obviously fighting inner-demons and is retreating from any sort of friendship or emotional growth due to fear. So, he acts like an ##### to keep people at a distance. This isn't the mark of a hero. It's the mark of a depressed teenager emo punk.

Now, Zidane suffers not from the worries and woes of the two previous protagonists. No, he is confident, sure of himself and outgoing. Friends are there to help and anyone who needs help shall receive his help because that is his philosophy. He doesn't help with alterior motives, nor mask any complex depression or doubt. He just generally is a nice guy and to be frank, a total lech. So a person strong, caring, helpful, idealistic and free-spirited is not fit for leadership while the reclusive emo-sacks are?

Plus, there is nothing about Zidane that is distinctly monkey-ish other than the tail. He is in fact, more feline-looking as we've seen in his little "battle stance" he takes in scenes.

In conclusion, Zidane > them all.

Zeromus_X
04-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Emo vs. Schizo vs. Meg Ryan vs. Perverted monkeyman.

The ultimate battle.

Still, Zidane is a thief. So I'll decide on him. :cat:

DJZen
04-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Heidegger

daggertrepe
05-03-2006, 02:44 AM
1. Zidane: HOTTT! OMG such a nice character, such motvation!
2. Cloud: Also VERY hot, and has a very great purpose.
3. Tidus: Lol he's ok, but he should just go screw seymour or something.
4. Squall: Stupidest **** EVER- he had NO purpose and he was GAY and emo. No depth to him whatsoever. He sucks and he should go die in a hole.

vampirepiggyhunter7
05-03-2006, 02:58 AM
And then I laughed and let my laughter let me lose brain cells from shock.

NeoCracker
05-03-2006, 02:58 AM
1. Zidane: HOTTT! OMG such a nice character, such motvation!
2. Cloud: Also VERY hot, and has a very great purpose.
3. Tidus: Lol he's ok, but he should just go screw seymour or something.
4. Squall: Stupidest **** EVER- he had NO purpose and he was GAY and emo. No depth to him whatsoever. He sucks and he should go die in a hole.
Thats harsh.

~SapphireStar~
05-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Squall.

Fantasy Fan
05-06-2006, 11:58 AM
Zidane: Yeah, Zidane sucks for actually acting his gender, let me tell you.[/sarcasm] Cloud was never a SOLDIER btw.

1. Zidane(Actual male)

well this is how I see it.

1. Zidane -- (Funny, energetic and really cool. Does anything for anyone)
2. ... The rest aren't so great and here's why.

Cloud -- "Look at my stupid fucking haircut. I'm so cool, my sword is even bigger than me, and I'm too weak to hold it! I don't know when a girl likes me. I think I'm evil. I can only smile when I win a sword battle"

Squall -- "I'm too clumsy to do anything. I'm a baby when it comes to girls and fighting. I don't know how to do anything right. I still can't stand up straight."

Tidus -- "Who am I? Well, I'm the best person ever. Only I can do anything. Everyone else sucks but me. I am the king! I am the sh!t! I'm inlove with a girl who falls straight through me. I cry when I can't do anything. I'm more like a twelve year old than anything else."

Cloud Squall and Tidus all tie with eachother. But Tidus is the worst. So he's last but Squall and Cloud tie, or Squall's probably a bit better, not quite sure.