PDA

View Full Version : GOD who is yours ????

Gh["]sT
04-27-2006, 01:34 PM
i was just wondering what is everyone religion on here it just makes me wonder thats all :D mine is afiest cant spell it but it means i dont belive in any religion :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-27-2006, 01:35 PM
Man, Ashley got out just in time.

Winter Nights
04-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Wow.. :O_O:

Umm.. No gods here.

Monster Hunt
04-27-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm not religious but i'm not an aethiest.

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
04-27-2006, 01:44 PM
chritian - Christian
hindu
you are god
dont belive in religion - Believe
rasta
budist - Buddhist
islamic
other

Sorry... I couldn't help myself....

I don't have a religion.

nik0tine
04-27-2006, 02:24 PM
im torn between rasta and afiest.

Shaun
04-27-2006, 02:27 PM
Seems like there aren't many religious ones at EoFF.

Pheesh
04-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Agnostic Crew 4 lyfe. Sorry...i just want to be cool.

Stay Essential
EE

Levian
04-27-2006, 02:59 PM
christian
hindu
you are god
dont believe in religion
rasta
buddhist
islamic
other

Yeah, religion doesn't exist.

bipper
04-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Christian - Mainly a spiritually and biblically lead. I study Apologetics and Gnsotic writings as well as christian science parallelability with traditional science.

Pheesh
04-27-2006, 03:08 PM
christian
hindu
you are god
dont believe in religion
rasta
buddhist
islamic
other

and it won't for a long time with cynisism like that. You just have to believe.

Stay Essential
EE

Levian
04-27-2006, 03:35 PM
christian
hindu
you are god
dont believe in religion
rasta
buddhist
islamic
other

and it won't for a long time with cynisism like that. You just have to believe.

Stay Essential
EE

Hey, good riddance. :mog:

Pheesh
04-27-2006, 03:38 PM
you just want to start a quote pyramid but I will resist!

Stay Essential
EE

Ryth
04-27-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm Christian, but sometimes I feel I'm slipping into agnosticism, I just don't know sometimes but this whole Christian thing. *shrugs*

lol afiest.

Levian
04-27-2006, 03:43 PM

Stay Essential
EE

Dammit.

Pheesh
04-27-2006, 03:46 PM

Stay Essential
EE

Dammit.

see, you're doing it again. But I am better than that....wait...*head explodes*

Stay Essential
EE

DeathKnight
04-27-2006, 03:55 PM
me! :meditate:

All those religions are fake, most of them are invented 100%, SOME of them may have some facts here and there.

Dignified Pauper
04-27-2006, 03:56 PM
I believe in the utmost high God and the infallible Bible which is infallible simply because it says so and I know God exists because the Bible says so and because the Bible is infallible, God is also infallible and because infallibility rests in the hands of God, he must have wrote the Bible because it is said to be the word of God, therefor, the Bible is the true Holy Book for the one Holy Religion: Christianity, and in the end, all of you who disagree will burn in the fiery lakes of Hell.

Psychotic
04-27-2006, 04:22 PM
-666- I WORSHIP THE DEVIL! -666-

I'M TWISTED AND HARDCORE! :radred:

DEATH! KILL! HAHAAHAHAHA! I'M SO EVIL! EVVVVVVIL! I'M GONNA KILL YOU ALL! 666! :shoot: :radred: :fencing:

Dignified Pauper
04-27-2006, 04:30 PM
-666- I WORSHIP THE DEVIL! -666-

I'M TWISTED AND HARDCORE! :radred:

DEATH! KILL! HAHAAHAHAHA! I'M SO EVIL! EVVVVVVIL! I'M GONNA KILL YOU ALL! 666! :shoot: :radred: :fencing:

This is a fine example of the people I were talking about who will burn in the fiery lakes of Hell.

Psychotic
04-27-2006, 04:36 PM
HAHAHAHA! SATAN WILL FIND YOU! 666!

I'm gonna use a pentagram and a pentecostal and some other cool stuff I got from that store with all those sweet smelling herbs and metal skullz (it's hardcore man 666 for life) and I'm gonna work with Satan to put a CURSE on you and you will DIE! HAHAHA MAN OF GOD!

theundeadhero
04-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Psy used to be cool until he started shopping at Hot Topic. Now I'm too Christian for him :(

Dignified Pauper
04-27-2006, 04:39 PM
You should have said, "Your move Holy Man"

Further, the God protexts all his subjects and rules over Heaven and Hell for He is the divine King of creation and Hell is part of His creation. It's not my fault Satan fled from Heaven after realizing he couldn't win the war in Heaven.

Psychotic
04-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Psy used to be cool until he started shopping at Hot Topic.smurf COOL! smurf THE MAINSTREAM! I'M AN INDIVUDUAL!
You should have said, "Your move Holy Man"That line would not have been suitable for the character that I am roleplaying, a Level 2 pseudo-goth, in this marvellous session. Now come, Level 45 Baptist, let us go find some orcs to slay.

Shoden
04-27-2006, 04:50 PM
Come on, Satan isn't so bad now, is he. I don't believe in religion but Satan does kick ass...

Screw these life limiting religions, I got my own arse to save, manners, religion selflessness, OMG! Fail! Damn I think I may start a flame war. Any contenders yet?

Dreddz
04-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Atheist :)

DarkLadyNyara
04-27-2006, 05:07 PM
mine is afiest cant spell it but it means i dont belive in any religion

Atheism is not beleiving in god. You can beleive in God and not follow a religion, ya know. :D Sorry to nitpick.

My religion? Millitant Agnostic- I don't know and you don't either. ;)

Zante
04-27-2006, 05:34 PM
I go with agnostism.

NeoCracker
04-27-2006, 05:37 PM
I worship the mighty Cheese god. When I pass on I will forever live in his Cheesey Grace and laugh at all his cheesey jokes.

War Angel
04-27-2006, 05:42 PM
If God exists, then he must be an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-feeling all-everything kind of God, the kind that always was, always is, and always will be - everywhere. Therefore, the God described in the Bible. Not the kind that struggles with Satan, not the kind that dies, not the kind that can be seen, heard or felt through regular means - unless it chooses to be. The

~SapphireStar~
04-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Im a Catholic, so my God is Jesus Christ. And I personally beleive there to be only one God because your not meant to worhsip false gods, so God is the one and only.

No offense to others.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-27-2006, 06:31 PM
Other: Goddess

FallenAngel411
04-27-2006, 07:37 PM
I believe there's something up there, but I don't follow a religion. They all seem pretty man-made to me.

DeathKnight
04-27-2006, 07:42 PM
I believe there's something up there, but I don't follow a religion. They all seem pretty man-made to me.

Ditto!:tonberry:

Jebus
04-27-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm a Buddhist, but I was a member of a sect that had no god, and have since moved into my own path. Also one that doesn't involve god.

As Gautama Buddha said, one must find their own light. And I am doing just that, so I'm basically in my own sect here with a membership of one. :D

Dignified Pauper
04-27-2006, 08:51 PM
As I said before, there is a one most High God who will soon serve us his Judgement during Armageddon. The righteous will be saved as the Evil gays stay on earth to suffer. Those of you who do not repent, I warn you now that your days are numbered!

Math is Hard
04-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Agnostic.

Who'm I to say whether there's a God that we can't see or not?

Owen Macwere
04-27-2006, 09:14 PM
i really don't know what brought u to ask such quistion :confused:
i belive in god yes i really do, he helpped me lots of times got me out of trouble, i was such a bad boy until i saw something i can't say what here.......I cried aloud with mirth and merriment....... but it really helpped even mom and dad noticed the change and mom was so delighted she was happy of what i became and i am glad that god helpped me.
i know we can't see god but if we look around we'll find that he is everywhere around us.... we can hear him with the wind.... we can see him as the flowers bloom in spring and i reallt really wish people will give that more thinking........ i thank god very much........lol :D

*snip*

Do not post unnecessary attachments. ~ Leeza

Faris
04-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Pagan! I'm not religious, but I do believe in some of the "higher being" and "spirits" stuff.

Elite Lord Sigma
04-27-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm Christian, but sometimes I feel I'm slipping into agnosticism, I just don't know sometimes but this whole Christian thing. *shrugs*

I can say the same applies to me, here.

ZeZipster
04-27-2006, 09:20 PM
If God exists, then he must be an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-feeling all-everything kind of God, the kind that always was, always is, and always will be - everywhere. Therefore, the God described in the Bible. Not the kind that struggles with Satan, not the kind that dies, not the kind that can be seen, heard or felt through regular means - unless it chooses to be. The

A perfect God creating an imperfect universe is a paradox. It's like adding whole numbers and getting a fraction.

cloud_doll
04-27-2006, 09:22 PM
I guess I don't really have a true religon, though i love to study them. right now i'm studying shinto.

Reles
04-27-2006, 10:04 PM
I was raised Catholic and now I'm not really thinking about religion a whole lot and focusing more on other things. But I'm at an agnostic stage.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
04-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I was raised Catholic but the sad thing is I dont even go to church anymore and I dont even know what I am :(

War Angel
04-27-2006, 10:22 PM
A perfect God creating an imperfect universe is a paradox.
First of all, notice the 'if' at the begining. I am agnostic, myself.

Second, how can you know what's perfect? What's the definition of perfect? How and when can you say something is perfect? How can you judge, if nothing else is perfect?

That's the problem. Therefore, if there was a God, he'd be exactly that - perfect. It's the ultimate paradox for the ultimate being. I cannot comprehend it... but then again, I'm not God. ;)

bipper
04-27-2006, 10:47 PM

A perfect God creating an imperfect universe is a paradox. It's like adding whole numbers and getting a fraction.

Well .999999999999 = 1 so .99999999999 +.999999999999 = 1.9999999989 = .1.9999999989/1000000000

er somthing like that.

There ya go.

Raistlin
04-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Well .999999999999 = 1 so .99999999999 +.999999999999 = 1.9999999989 = .1.9999999989/1000000000

er somthing like that.

There ya go.
Except it's .9999....(onto infinity) which = 1. And .99999... + .99999... = 2. :p

Zeromus_X
04-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Atheist.

Ballistix Man
04-27-2006, 10:53 PM
Baptist Christianity.
But sometime my class mates prove how ignorant religion can make you.

Anaisa
04-27-2006, 11:00 PM
A perfect God creating an imperfect universe is a paradox.
First of all, notice the 'if' at the begining. I am agnostic, myself.

Second, how can you know what's perfect? What's the definition of perfect? How and when can you say something is perfect? How can you judge, if nothing else is perfect?

That's the problem. Therefore, if there was a God, he'd be exactly that - perfect. It's the ultimate paradox for the ultimate being. I cannot comprehend it... but then again, I'm not God. ;)
Perfection is a matter of opinion, so we can all judge what perfect is.

Music
04-27-2006, 11:08 PM
My thoughts on organized religion and god are as such:

I am a student of all religions, not a follower of one.

I do not believe that one of said gods is the ONLY god. How could you come to that conclusion? There are so many religions, and so many different ideas, but yet one can't gain more validity than the next.

So, instead of wasting my time trying to choose which one I liked the best and felt the most "truthful", I felt it was best to take in all people ideas, all religions theories, all of the worlds views whether it be Buddist, Christian, Hindu, Shinto whatever, and synthesize them to form the best ideas I can.

I also feel that basing the way I live my life off one single book and the things it teaches is inappropriate, and foolish. History is written by the victors. As an example, the Bible, is a collection of writings written by some old men that lived thousands of years ago. Why should I base my entire life off of these books? These stories are the opinions of the authors, and the authors only. For all we know, Jesus could have been a horrible person, and humans killed him because he was doing things that we unfair and bad, while the authors of the bible observed the situation differently, and wrote it in favour of Jesus.

Its all about perspective.

I feel studying just one religion is a mistake and is close-minded. You have to be open to everyone elses ideas and theories.

If only the rest of the world thought in this manner, it would cause world peace. :)

InuYashaON
04-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Ditto, i'd rather listen to that mysterious being than a book or people who think that this exactly has to be done or else something probably bad happens to me.

ZeZipster
04-27-2006, 11:53 PM

er somthing like that.

There ya go.

.999999999 isn't a whole number.

Venom
04-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Agnostic.

Who'm I to say whether there's a God that we can't see or not?

Yeah same here.

kikimm
04-28-2006, 01:03 AM

I can say the same applies to me, here.

Hey whoa guys me too.

Shiny
04-28-2006, 01:18 AM
I'm not that religious, but I have Agnostic, Deist, and Christian views. I'm actually only Christian because the rest of my family forces me to be. But I'm not feeling it that much anymore. Common sense and my English teacher ruined Christianity for me.:mad:

Mirage
04-28-2006, 01:39 AM
You might want to change "islamic" to "muslim", in order to not piss them off.
Me? I'm somewhere between agnostic and atheism.

Kamrusepas
04-28-2006, 01:47 AM
Devouted and passionate atheist.

Dignified Pauper
04-28-2006, 01:59 AM
athiests can't be devout.

Devout - adj
1. Devoted to religion or to the fulfillment of religious obligations. See Synonyms at religious.
2. Displaying reverence or piety.
3. Sincere; earnest: devout wishes for their success.

Athiesm is the disbelief in God(s). Therefor, to say your are a devout athiest is contradictory.

I would further like to say that if you've never read the bible or attended church, you're ignorant, not athiest. I firmly believe that one cannot be an athiest unless one is educated in both aspects of athiesm and theism.

I think this is the smartest post I've made in the past week.

ZeZipster
04-28-2006, 02:28 AM
athiests can't be devout.

Devout - adj
1. Devoted to religion or to the fulfillment of religious obligations. See Synonyms at religious.
2. Displaying reverence or piety.
3. Sincere; earnest: devout wishes for their success.

Athiesm is the disbelief in God(s). Therefor, to say your are a devout athiest is contradictory.

I would further like to say that if you've never read the bible or attended church, you're ignorant, not athiest. I firmly believe that one cannot be an athiest unless one is educated in both aspects of athiesm and theism.

I think this is the smartest post I've made in the past week.

Yeah, it's pretty insightful. But only lawyers and old people care about semantics.

Doomie
04-28-2006, 02:29 AM
Allah. Or Jesus.

Pheesh
04-28-2006, 02:32 AM
I'm agnostic and I believe in god. Just not your god, or any other religions god. There's definately something there but you just haven't got it right. So therefore, you can be a devout agnostic.

EDIT: oops, he said athiest. My bad....well my post is there incase you start picking on agnostics.

Stay Essential
EE

Jebus
04-28-2006, 02:34 AM
Yeah, it's pretty insightful. But only lawyers and old people care about semantics.

Pfft. Semantics are VERY important.

DeShanai
04-28-2006, 02:45 AM
I'm agnostic and I believe in god. Just not your god, or any other religions god. There's definately something there but you just haven't got it right. So therefore, you can be a devout agnostic.

I too am agnostic, though I do go to church on VERY rare occassions. I was at a Youth Rally this last weekend actually...I'm Christian. Straight up..not lutheran, or baptist...Christian.
BUUUUUUT, I wish I could be Hindu. :mog:

Raistlin
04-28-2006, 02:49 AM
Agnostic... Christian?

*head explodes*

Agnostic deist... that at least sounds somewhat plausible.

DeShanai
04-28-2006, 03:00 AM
I normally go to church to appease my parental units and family. Seeing as how I was adopted into this family, and it is this family that happens to be the Elders of this branch of churches...I don't get much choice.. However I find myself not believing in a "GOD" from time to time. Hence, the agnosticism.

h4uN
04-28-2006, 03:53 AM
i personally have buddhist ideals. i was an athiest for a little while, then moved on to agnostic, but im slowly moving towards an end of the spectrum. dunno though. time will tell :P

Yamaneko
04-28-2006, 05:12 AM
My God created all your guys' gods.

Peegee
04-28-2006, 05:24 AM
I'm a blasphemer.

dodhungry
04-28-2006, 05:53 AM
Although I rarely like to get into religious topics and such I find this one to be quite interesting.

I must say I come from a souhtern baptist church. I believe in the almighty and have grown up in the church and still attend to this day.

Now for the fun part. Just a little food for though. A what if.
I have two other thoughts of my own that I have shared with other belivers and they have seen where I come from so I hope that someone else in here might do the same. 1: What if all the different religions where the same only with differnt people/names. Ok this may sound odd but remember this is a what if. With the 3 main religions in the world *not including atheist or evolutionist* there is Islam/muslim Buddhism, and Christianity/Roman Chatholic. Which are also by the way the 3 oldest. All 3 refer to 1 and only 1 god. all 3 refer to a happy place in an after life. All 3 say the other is wrong and if you don't follow their way you will burn. What if all 3 were the same damn thing just ajusted for different cultures when Roman beliefs were spread throughout the known world around about 240-100 b.c. Rember christ was around bere 0a.d. the christian beliefs could have been altered to spread the word of god and make it believable to the many differnent cultures the Roman Empire encompassed. just something to think about.

2: here is something else to think about for everyone else. Ok lets say for all the non belivers and atheist that there is no god. Nope we all live die and buy huggies diapers. oh and pay taxes. So we get burried the end your right no after life. So what right? You had your life I had mine the end. Now on second though, what if I am right. There really is a god and you go on believing there is no holy order and when you die you go to hell when I die I eternally watch you burn. wouldnt it just be easier to say hey I believe to be safe rather than be sorry? Cause no matter what your right. We still die.

OH and as for the imperfect thing. God did make a perferct world in 7 days and then Adam asked god for a mate Eve was created with parts of Adam ya de yah. Eve was tempted by a serpent to taste the forbbiden fruit and she did and also tempted adam wich awakened thier consicness bringing sin into the world. This action is also called origianl sin. So hince forth and so on adam and eve were booted out of the garden of eden and made the world as we know it today as imperfect.

04-28-2006, 06:06 AM
Judaism and Hinduism are arguably the oldest religions. Christianity and Islam have roots in Judaism, like wise with Buddhism from Hinduism. Also I believe the Roman Empire only adopted Christianity as its religion in the early 4th century CE. Also I am sure Buddhism is not similar to the Abrahamic relgions where you are exclusively a member of their faith. For example in Japan there are many practioners of both Zen Buddhism and Shinto. Ancient China there were mixture of religions again, Buddhism being one of them. Also originally Buddhism does not believe in a Heigher Being. Their Ultimate Reality as it were is Nirvana. When asked if he was a god Buddha said he wasn't.

Another note is that the Muslim Empire was larger than the Roman.

Mo-Nercy
04-28-2006, 03:11 PM
You are god.

bipper
04-28-2006, 03:41 PM
dodhungry: Your first point is used as a: Support for the Babel story and b: the very basis for inclusivism, or inclusivist theology - meaning that all religions are of one genesis. The Pentach keep these religions in check as well. Anyways, a huge branch off happens when people get into which of Abraham's son's recieved his blessings. This is logically covered to be Isaac, which breeds Judism. Other religons say that Abrahams other son, Ishamael, received the blessing, as he was rightfully due. Its a debate that leads to the first split.

Your second point is a very logical question, but atheists are strong minded folk.To go to heaven, you are measured by your light, and accepted through Jesus. This is how it is said. It is not as cut and dry as beleive in Jesus or burn. This is beleived from a cliche verse being taken out of context. Therefore, I would beleive that a Christian has a more to live up to in a sence, and that a person is genuinely judged by thier righttousness. This is not such a rouge beleif.

Raistlin
04-28-2006, 04:05 PM
With the 3 main religions in the world *not including atheist or evolutionist*
Do you listen to Kent Hovind? Just curious.

there is Islam/muslim Buddhism, and Christianity/Roman Chatholic. Which are also by the way the 3 oldest. All 3 refer to 1 and only 1 god. all 3 refer to a happy place in an after life.
But pagan was well before Christianity. And then there's Hinduism, which is also before Christianity. And in ancient Judaism (also before Christianity), Yahweh was worshipped because he could beat up other peoples' gods. And, according to what I've learned of the beginnings of Christianity, there was some question as to whether Jesus was God or separate and inferior to God or what, that wasn't settled for hundreds of years.

all 3 refer to a happy place in an after life. All 3 say the other is wrong and if you don't follow their way you will burn.
For Buddhism? I dunno what sect you listen to. Obviously, Islam is similar to Christianity, since they both listen to the same prophets (with Islam adding on Mohammed). And Judaism, well... duh.

What if all 3 were the same damn thing just ajusted for different cultures when Roman beliefs were spread throughout the known world around about 240-100 b.c.
But they're not the same at all (for Buddhism/Hinduism, that is).

EDIT:
Rember christ was around bere 0a.d. the christian beliefs could have been altered to spread the word of god and make it believable to the many differnent cultures the Roman Empire encompassed.
The Roman Empire didn't include the areas where Hinduism and Buddhism started. And, as stated before, there were a whole bunch of religions older than Christianity.

2: here is something else to think about for everyone else. Ok lets say for all the non belivers and atheist that there is no god. Nope we all live die and buy huggies diapers. oh and pay taxes. So we get burried the end your right no after life. So what right? You had your life I had mine the end. Now on second though, what if I am right. There really is a god and you go on believing there is no holy order and when you die you go to hell when I die I eternally watch you burn. wouldnt it just be easier to say hey I believe to be safe rather than be sorry? Cause no matter what your right. We still die.
xDDD

Jebus
04-28-2006, 11:01 PM
All 3 refer to 1 and only 1 god.

Actually, only Mahayana Buddhists believe Buddha was a god. The rest of us just see him as what he was: a man.

all 3 refer to a happy place in an after life.

Once again, not really. Buddhism follows similar rules for the afterlife as Hinduism. When you die, you are reborn. Hindus return to Brahman, most Buddhists believe they become part of a greater soul thingy (not all of us believe that. After all, Gautama did say to find one's own light, which makes Buddhism highly customisable.)

All 3 say the other is wrong and if you don't follow their way you will burn.

And lastly, with Buddhism, there is no "You are wrong." Buddhists accept other people's faiths. Not only that, but there is no "bad place" in Buddhist mythology. If you're a bad person, you just get reborn again.

Pheesh
04-29-2006, 02:54 AM
OK, I am no longer agnostic. I'm this (http://www.goatonapole.com/)

Stay Essential
EE

Itsunari 2000
04-29-2006, 08:29 PM
I am God. I decide whether you live or die.

KentaRawr!
04-29-2006, 09:57 PM
I don't really believe in religion. I don't disbelieve, either. o_o

Skarr
04-30-2006, 01:53 AM
Therefore, I would beleive that a Christian has a more to live up to in a sence, and that a person is genuinely judged by thier righttousness.

I guess I shall burn then. Either that or live a better dern life. :)

fantasyjunkie
04-30-2006, 05:44 AM
I can't stand religion. Most people get all bent out of shape when they find out I'm not religious, like it's a crime of a sin to not not think the way they do :rolleyes2

Fonzie
04-30-2006, 06:17 AM
I'm a Christian, but i believe that God works in a Balance for the lives of all his children. When something good happens to keep you in check something bad will happen to keep the balance Neutral. Their can not be good without bad. Also, Pauper just give up on your preacher you can't change peoples mind when its already set.

farplaner
04-30-2006, 09:57 AM
I have, in the past, considered myself "afeist," and I guess, technically, that is still true. Basically I believe simply that there is more to life than the physical. However, I don't believe in some mystical, omniscient father figure who watches everything I do (even when I masturbate, it would suck to have a pervert for a god!)

What I do believe is that everyone out there who's philospohy is "my way or the highway" (-cough- certain christians, for example -cough-) can eat my..... cow pies, you ignorant bass turds.

Zante
04-30-2006, 10:08 AM

Why just the bible? If you look at this that way, one would have to also study the Qu'ran, the satanic bible, the story of Xenu and all other religions out there.

Ballistix Man
04-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Its spelled Qu'ran not koran

Zante
04-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Meh, I often saw it written like koran, but ok. :)

bipper
04-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Either works.

NeoCracker
04-30-2006, 03:11 PM
I'll go with Shinji on this one.

Pheesh
04-30-2006, 03:44 PM
I believe in the utmost high God and the infallible Bible which is infallible simply because it says so and I know God exists because the Bible says so and because the Bible is infallible, God is also infallible and because infallibility rests in the hands of God, he must have wrote the Bible because it is said to be the word of God, therefor, the Bible is the true Holy Book for the one Holy Religion: Christianity, and in the end, all of you who disagree will burn in the fiery lakes of Hell.

If the bible is the true word of god....then why are there so many versions of it?

OWNED bill hicks style.

Stay Essential
EE

Captain VooDoo
04-30-2006, 04:07 PM
i belive in the all mighty GFSM (http://www.venganza.org/)!
all hail his Noodly Appendage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster)!

bipper
04-30-2006, 04:34 PM

If the bible is the true word of god....then why are there so many versions of it?

OWNED bill hicks style.

Stay Essential
EE

Babel.

YTDN
04-30-2006, 06:47 PM
I say there's some.. thing up there what made us and is mighty and high and all-powerful and funky, and you might as well call s/he 'God'.

However, i decide not to follow a religion cause that is whole load of smurfing bs.

boris no no
04-30-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm a Wiccan

escobert
04-30-2006, 07:19 PM
christian (Protestant)

Acid Raine
04-30-2006, 07:24 PM
Who's the pagan?
I'm the pagan!
Where's the pagan?
Here's the pagan!
Why a pagan?
Because.

Erdrick Holmes
04-30-2006, 07:28 PM
I have my own religion. Nakasium. Our holy god is Yuji Naka.

Druggelz
04-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Officialy I'm a Christian, but I try to make my own religion by mixing the stuff I like form other religions, so I don't really know what to pic....
So I choose 'other'

RPJesus
04-30-2006, 08:21 PM
I don't like when people take parts that they like from other religions because they think it's cool....

I'm not really saying anything, above guy, but I hate when people make up their beliefs because they think it sounds cool. Some people do do that. It's annoying...

I guess I'm atheist... I guess. I'm from a Catholic family, though. Irish Catholic- the best kind! Basically, I think it's junk. There are so many things that don't make any sense and just annoy me, about every religion, really. At least what I know. But I can't go on, unless I find something to argue with.

Also, your options are... not very good. You're missing out a good few religions. And atheist.

Mittopotahis
05-01-2006, 12:55 AM
I am a strong Christian. It's awesome, you need to try it. :)

Not different versions, just different translations. Remember that the bible was not written in English, and so it has been translated so that we can understand it. NIV is written with normal language (kinda), Contempory is written with today's kind of language, KJV was written in the type of language they used back then etc. It's all the same story, just in a different translation.

I am amazed no one has said Ciddism yet. Amazed, but dissapointed. :(

Hambone
05-01-2006, 01:09 AM
I don't know.

Acid Raine
05-01-2006, 02:29 AM
I am amazed no one has said Ciddism yet. Amazed, but dissapointed. :(
Maybe thats because Cid is lame.

:D BRING ON THE FLAMERS!!!!

05-01-2006, 02:36 AM
Its spelled Qu'ran not koran
I learned to spell it Qur'an also there is a macron on the a. *does not know how to make a macron* *shrugs* But as long as we know what we are all talking about, I think details in transliteration are not that big of a deal. I mean "koran" could just be another way to romanize the Arabic language, like there is many different systems for romanized spelling of Chinese.

RPJesus
05-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Not different versions, just different translations. Remember that the bible was not written in English, and so it has been translated so that we can understand it. NIV is written with normal language (kinda), Contempory is written with today's kind of language, KJV was written in the type of language they used back then etc. It's all the same story, just in a different translation.
There are different versions, depending on what time period you're in- the version of the New Testament before it was adopted by the Roman Empire is quite different than the modern one. Among others, it doesn't recognise that Jesus was divine in himself. It simply says that he was a human being who was the the son of God. In fact, there's evidence to suggest that in older versions he wasn't literally seen as the son of God, which would make that "we're all God's children" thing finally make sense.
Besides, the King Jame's version was different than both the Roman Catholic version and several Protestant versions at the time, as well as the versions used by the Orthodox churches and several minor Eastern Churches (e.g. the Armenian church) . That's why the Scottish made such a big fuss about it. They were Presbyterian, and wanted to use their own version.

bipper
05-01-2006, 03:54 PM
RP, the differences that you bring up are of real on consious effort to change or skew the bible. Besides, the autography of most of the new testament is still in tact, and it's credibility is upheld through the autography of the new found book of Judas.

Back to the differences, the story was not changed, persay, the wording and flow of the New Testament was a very complex thing for people to grasp and several sects (as you said RC vs Pros) inturpeted things very differently. Therefore people 'enhanced' early on what they could. This kind of abuse became less rounded when doctrines began surfancing. The Nicene Creed seems to be where the contradictions you brought up were - not sure though. Hope that somewhat helped, I am reaaaaly tired yet - but yea.

Bipper

RPJesus
05-01-2006, 04:20 PM
I think you should reorganise this poll into the following categories:

Semitic Abrahamic Monothiesm (Islam, Judaism, etc)
Non-Semitic Abrahamic Monotheism (Christianity, Rastafarianism, etc)
Non-Abrahamic Monotheism (Sikhism, Zoroastism, etc)
Indian Polytheism (Hinduism)
East Asian Religion (Shinto, Taoism, etc)
Local Religion (e.g. native tribal faiths/paganism)
Religous Atheism or Agnosticism (Buddhism, etc)
Non-religious Agnosticism
Non-religous Atheism (no belief in God/s)

Admittedly, lumping Judaism and Islam together may be a bad idea, but looking at from a global or historical viewpoint, it makes more sense- placing religions in groups like this makes more sense than naming the major religions and sticking everything left over into "Other", which covers everything from Shinto to Zoroastism, which are rather different.
Also, I know "native religon" is a bit vauge, because it covers relgions from Mesoamerica to Siberia, but since there's very few followers of these faiths, it's just easier.

Acid Raine
05-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Um.....cereal. How many Taoists, Shintos, Zoroastists, Sikhists, and Rastafarians do we have here?

Yuffie514
05-03-2006, 06:06 AM
my religion is monotheistic, and sometimes He is called Jehovah...

War Angel
05-03-2006, 09:21 PM
How many Taoists, Shintos, Zoroastists, Sikhists, and Rastafarians do we have here?
Nevermind that... Judaism isn't even on that list, while Islam and Christianity are. I mean, what's the point in mentioning the spin-offs without mentioning the original? :D

I think I'm about the only Jew here... soon to be terminated, too. ;)

my religion is monotheistic, and sometimes He is called Jehovah...
The word 'Jehovah', when reffering to that Judeo-Christian God, is a bastardisation and fabrication. God has no name. He's reffered to as God, Lord, etc etc... but has no pronouncable name. Not in the Bible\Tanach, anyway.

Acid Raine
05-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Ah! A Jew! Run for it!

no, wait. What am I talking about? I love the Jews! ^-^ their big lumpy noses, their nasally voices, their cute little curls! And if you give them a cookie, they balance your checkbook! Give them 2 cookies, and you'll have your taxes done for life.

[/anti-semitic jewish stereotypes]

Mr. Graves
05-04-2006, 02:33 AM
Until I find that one is really there.... none.

GooeyToast
05-04-2006, 03:09 AM
I follow Btothexism

Cless
05-04-2006, 04:28 AM
I'm not religious, but one thing I know for certain is that I am at the centre of my own reality. So I believe the closest thing I can get to a god is myself, my vechicle riding along the bumpy road of human experience.

sephiroth3991
05-06-2006, 01:26 AM
I'm christian

Vincent, Thunder God
05-06-2006, 01:48 AM
Lately I have had a mild resurgence of faith.

Not long ago I was a pure Athiest, but I now am somewhere between being an Athiest or being religious. I would describe my current feeling of relgion as: There may or may not be a God, but if there is I will not be praying to him or anything like that. If he is a real God, than he will not base his opinions of me on my prayer or faith but he will base his opinions on my actions. And that will get me into Heaven, not groveling about like some people do. I apologize if that last statement offended anyone, but it is true that many people become way too over-preoccupied with praying.

klipkloper
05-06-2006, 04:42 AM
mine is sephyisum

WHERE IS THAT ON YOUR LIST????

sir, that is raciest aganst the whites
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e269/klipkloper/Dsadnig.gif

Acid Raine
05-06-2006, 04:46 AM
mine is sephyisum

Sadly, when white people are the butt of the racism, nobody cares.

klipkloper
05-06-2006, 04:47 AM
mine is sephyisum

Sadly, when white people are the butt of the racism, nobody cares.
good point

bipper
05-06-2006, 04:48 AM
eh, and how is that racism?

wait... I don't care.

Bipper

klipkloper
05-06-2006, 04:56 AM
eh, and how is that racism?

wait... I don't care.

Bipper
smart child