PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo Racing!

BlackWaltz
04-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Hey people, ive just started to breed chocobo's and i cant beleive how expensive it is! Just wanted to know, when racing my chocobos does it matter if i do the short course rather than the long? does it make my rank go up slower? and anyone know all in all how much its going to cost me to breed a gold choc?

Andy001
04-27-2006, 08:55 PM
It doesn't matter what course you do, the short one is what most people do. As for the cost it is alot, sell of some mastered All materias as there worth alot.

Yliette
04-28-2006, 06:21 AM
He's right. A mastered All Materia is ample enough to wipe away your financial problems for almost the entire game.

And breeding a Gold Chocobo cannot be described as expensive (IMO) but long. Patience is the key ingredient.

A mastered Chocobo Lure materia is not useful. It is MANDATORY. I hope you always had it equipped for the most of the game. Wonderful Chocobos are hard to find. You can find them by the Chocobo ttracks near Gold Saucer or those near the Icicle Village.

Good luck. :D

blim
12-19-2006, 08:09 PM
just replaying VII and was wondering, when cid wants to race the chocobo does it make any difference.

Rabidewok
12-19-2006, 08:11 PM
not that i've seen...

chocobo raising is fun... once you get them all its cool

blim
12-19-2006, 08:13 PM
thought not, just thought id check if anyone knew different. ill have that damn gold un soon

blim
12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
another thing, any way to make my blue choco faster, ive fed it 198 sylkis greens and i still keep getting beat. Its A class at mo.

its currently 93 speed and 999 stamina and im using the stamina trick

BG-57
12-19-2006, 11:48 PM
just replaying VII and was wondering, when cid wants to race the chocobo does it make any difference.

No it doesn't. And try putting Tifa in the party as well: she'll fill in as jockey as well.

This most likely stems from the part of the game where Cloud is incapaticated and Tifa has to lead, then opts out to take care of Cloud, leaving Cid in charge for a while.

Getting blue and green chocobos to Class A should be adequate for breeding a black chocobo.

Teioh's stats are a reflection of your chocobo; he's always better, but his jockey doesn't make him go full tilt, so you can outpace him almost every time with a good enough chocobo. I've beat him every time with my black and gold chocobos, on the short course at least.

farplaner
12-20-2006, 10:48 AM
another thing, any way to make my blue choco faster, ive fed it 198 sylkis greens and i still keep getting beat. Its A class at mo.

Wow! Dude, after about 30 or so sylkis greens, your chocobos are maxed. There's no sense in feeding them anymore of those expensive greens (initially expensive, anyway).

Yeah, just getting them to A level is good enough.

The long course, I guess, is supposed to be advantageous for chocobos who are, perhaps, not fast but have a lot of endurance. Personally, I always play the short course. When you're trying to race your gold chocobo up to S class, it gets really boring waiting for that second lower class chocobo to reach the finish line.

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
12-20-2006, 02:15 PM
actually u can breed a gold chocobo for around 45,000gil. u only need 4 stables and greens can be duplicated using w-item

blim
12-20-2006, 11:18 PM

Wow! Dude, after about 30 or so sylkis greens, your chocobos are maxed. There's no sense in feeding them anymore of those expensive greens (initially expensive, anyway).

never realised that, oh well i sold 6 mastered all materia so i'm not exactly short of gil, just wish i knew where i've put disc 3 :(

Orgasmic
01-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Hi guys.. I'm not really sure how far you've come in this discussion.. But I can say that you can always get your chocobo at 999 stamina.. whatever you do. But the tricky thing is to get the speed up, and also the other attributes. Just get a golden chocobo and you'll win it all!

but I wonder if anyone knows.. What is the chance of getting like, the precious Final Attack materia at chocobo racing gift? I've never got any of those great stuff. except when you get a couple of items from the girl from the prison.. so, however.. dunno how far you've got in the chocoboracing question, but i still wonder... how, o how!? :choc2:

Orgasmic
01-07-2007, 12:54 AM
My current stats of my chocobo is 999 stamina and 146 speed.. but also, it's a golden chocobo.. and it doesn't matter if it has like 50 speed.. it outclasses the other contestants anyway. Class S

all you nedd for a golden chocobo.. is as the guy above said.. like 45.000-50.000 Gil and a couple of stables. but you may want to keep the other special chocobos as a memory. race ALL the chocobos you need for the breeding to Class S.. then, just go for it! and you'll need Carob nut.. which you can steal from a vicious creature (which i've forgotten the name of) at the beach just by Bone Village.. then the nut for mating the black and wonderful chocobo.. you need a nut that you can steel from goblins, at the island of mideel.. that's like, all.

chrisfffan
01-07-2007, 01:01 AM
i didnt find it fun at all it was very long winded and stupid really

Orgasmic
01-07-2007, 01:10 AM
you mean chocobo breeding?
yeah, it takes too much time if you ask me. but also, you get alot of it when you've fought through the whole "Chocobo-Path". so, you really can say that it stink.. but you know. look at it from the bright side! You get the Knights of The Round materia!!!

Stay true!

Scream1008
01-07-2007, 04:34 AM
i didnt find it fun at all it was very long winded and stupid really

It blows any other subquest out of the water, IMO. I found it pretty enjoyable.

Northcrest
01-07-2007, 04:39 AM
From what I remember I either have 50,000 gil or 500,000 gil so paying for racing to me isn't that hard especially where I train at.

Orgasmic
01-07-2007, 04:42 PM
yeah well, it'll cost you more if you bet on the chocobos that's not one of yours. then again, it's alot easier. but breed your own and you'll win a hell lot often.