PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on this game please

Shiny
04-28-2006, 02:42 AM
I was thinking about getting Kingdom Hearts 2 since I have the first one, but I've been getting some bad feedback. Is it really worth buying full price for this game if it's too easy, or bad? Or should I just rent it? Or should I not get it at all, because it's really bad? Your thoughts, please.

Ballistix Man
04-28-2006, 02:47 AM
Just rent it. The replay value is good but it is way too easy and not worth 50 IMO.

Heartless Soul
04-28-2006, 02:53 AM
I was thinking about getting Kingdom Hearts 2 since I have the first one, but I've been getting some bad feedback
Bad feedback? Do the people who give you this ''feedback'' mention anything about Disney? If so, ignore those imbeciles and buy the game, BUT, to be safe, rent it. Also, if you read any reviews that mention that KH2 doesn't compare (or how it sucks) to the original, ignore them as well or it because KH2 improves a lot of things that were horrible in KH1, but at the same time, is a hit and miss overall.

Shiny
04-28-2006, 03:11 AM
In reply to Heartless Soul: No. These are people that have played Kingdom Hearts and enjoyed it. Yet some thought it was way too easy and the others thought it was crap. I don't believe that it's crap, because I haven't played it yet but the easy thing would make sense. And how did KH2 improve 1?

Ballistix Man
04-28-2006, 03:16 AM
Yeah the paltforming is almost completely done away with.

Zeromus_X
04-28-2006, 03:17 AM
I would definitely get it, if you liked the first one. However, although atmosphere and story are top-notch, along with prettier gameplay, exploration and overall difficulty is absent. There isn't even any platforming. Nonetheless, I'd get it just to see what happens in the ending of this part of the KH series. :cat: (Or, you could just rent it or borrow it, or something.)

Edit: Auron.

Ballistix Man
04-28-2006, 03:27 AM
Yeah the main reason bought this game was Auron.

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-28-2006, 05:57 AM
It's a good game and a lot of fun, I highly recommend at least renting it.

KH-Cloudy
04-28-2006, 06:04 AM
Buy it....so then when you get bored...one year..you can come back and play it =) or .,....i forgot...

LunarWeaver
04-28-2006, 06:42 AM
I think it's one of the best games ever made, and there are three difficulty settings... Proud Mode (the hardest) will keep things interesting enough I think.

It also fixed just about everything I didn't like about the first, namely I felt battle was more varied with the new additions and the menu is easy to navigate.

I liked the new level design because I found the platforming pretty frustrating in number one... Plus, a lot of worlds revolved around silly tasks like hitting trees to make a coconut fall... Not a big deal once you've figured it out, not so high on fun when running around trying to find what to do.

I thought this thing was like 12 games in one... Tons of programming... The worlds were each pretty unique despite their more linear design, the boss fights and overall events of each were nicely done.

It is kind of easy, but so is everything Square puts out (Unless Matsuno is handling it, and then it's a lil' overboard for my book). It was at least harder then Final Fantasy X *shrug*.

If you loved the first there is no hesitation.

McLovin'
04-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Just get it to say:

1) You played KH2.

and

2) You can add it to your collection.

All in all the game is easy (so far at least) but way fun! :)

*~Angel Wing~*
04-29-2006, 10:34 PM
:kaohappy2 BUY IT!!! :kaohappy2
I thought it was an EXCELLENT game!!! :kaohappy2 (I actually liked it better than the 1st :D ) There was a lot more action in this game than the 1st, and cool combo attacks, and of course, you can't forget the AWESOME Final Fantasy and Disney characters. :jess: If you played the 1st game and liked it, then I HIGHLY recommend getting the 2nd. Believe me, it's worth the money. :up: ;)

McLovin'
04-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Money grows on trees so you're fine.

teaandmachines
04-30-2006, 01:10 AM
:kaohappy2 BUY IT!!! :kaohappy2
I thought it was an EXCELLENT game!!! :kaohappy2 (I actually liked it better than the 1st :D ) There was a lot more action in this game than the 1st, and cool combo attacks, and of course, you can't forget the AWESOME Final Fantasy and Disney characters. :jess: If you played the 1st game and liked it, then I HIGHLY recommend getting the 2nd. Believe me, it's worth the money. :up: ;)

enough said

PontiusPilate
05-02-2006, 12:18 AM
Honestly, best game ive ever played

Giga Guess
05-02-2006, 12:55 AM
I like the fact that the bosses almost always have "tricks." Most revolve around Reaction Commands, but some are just wild.

It may not be "difficult" per se. Even Sephiroth was pretty easy once you knew how to handle him. But it also allows you to flow through the story. An even then, there are boss battles that are tough sheerly on a technicality (Demyx....ugh...)

All in all....at least rent it. It's worth a look.

Ouch!
05-02-2006, 01:18 AM
After playing through it twice (still working on finishing Jiminy's Journal on the second go around) I've decided it's one of the best games I've ever played. I won't disagree that it's too easy. Even on Proud there weren't more than one or two bosses that gave me any trouble and then, like Giga Guess suggested, it was just a manner of knowing how to defeat them.

I find that the game is a lot more engaging than the first one. The plot was magnificent, although it hit you in bursts. The prologue and very beginning shoves stuff in your face, then there's a bit of a lull while you explore the Disney worlds. There's a brief interlude with some important plot developements in the middle of the game, but then there's another bit of downtime (though not as completely unrelated as the first part) before everything builds up in the last world. Still, the plot was fantastic, and I was willing to overlook the spaces where it was just exploring the Disney worlds without much developement to the main plot.

The battle system is much improved. There's very little that I miss from the original's battle system (dodge roll is only a reaction command which is a shame, but that's about it). You learn lots of interesting abilities throughout the game, and the option of combo pluses and negative combos makes for interesting change of strategies. On my first time through the game, I completely neglected leveling the drive forms, which was a mistake. Each form is loads of fun to play as, and the growth abilities you learn from that form make things that much more interesting.

All of that aside, if for no other reason, rent the game and beat it so you can find out how this chapter in the Kingdom Hearts universe ends. After the first game and Chain of Memories (assuming you've played the latter, which you may not have), you'll want some closure to Sora's story. Kingdom Hearts gives you that. The ending was absolutely brilliant and would definitely make the game worth it if you didn't like anything else.

Shiny
05-02-2006, 01:29 AM
Really?! :eek: What games do you people usually like?

After playing through it twice (still working on finishing Jiminy's Journal on the second go around) I've decided it's one of the best games I've ever played. I won't disagree that it's too easy. Even on Proud there weren't more than one or two bosses that gave me any trouble and then, like Giga Guess suggested, it was just a manner of knowing how to defeat them.

Interesting,that sounds pretty cool. The bosses remind me of the bosses from God of War. Always having specific, yet subtle moves that trigger certain attacks. Is that what you meant?

I find that the game is a lot more engaging than the first one. The plot was magnificent, although it hit you in bursts. The prologue and very beginning shoves stuff in your face, then there's a bit of a lull while you explore the Disney worlds. There's a brief interlude with some important plot developements in the middle of the game, but then there's another bit of downtime (though not as completely unrelated as the first part) before everything builds up in the last world. Still, the plot was fantastic, and I was willing to overlook the spaces where it was just exploring the Disney worlds without much developement to the main plot.

And how are the voice actors? Are they any better, or did they just use people like Lance Bass again? I know they used Jesse McCartney.:eep: Much to my dismay.

All of that aside, if for no other reason, rent the game and beat it so you can find out how this chapter in the Kingdom Hearts universe ends. After the first game and Chain of Memories (assuming you've played the latter, which you may not have), you'll want some closure to Sora's story. Kingdom Hearts gives you that. The ending was absolutely brilliant and would definitely make the game worth it if you didn't like anything else.
Oh no. I haven't played Chain of Memories, but I think I'll buy that. As for Kindgom Hearts 2, I'll probably just rent it and if it's very easy I won't bother buying it. We shall see. :D

Heartless Soul
05-02-2006, 01:51 AM
A personal opinion of mine is that Roxas sounds better and more masculine in the English verison of KH2. In the Japanese, his VA sounds pretty much like a female seiyuu doing a 12 year old boy's voice. Nothing wrong with that, but if you watch anime a lot, it's get tiring...

Giga Guess
05-02-2006, 01:54 AM

Interesting,that sounds pretty cool. The bosses remind me of the bosses from God of War. Always having specific, yet subtle moves that trigger certain attacks. Is that what you meant?

And how are the voice actors? Are they any better, or did they just use people like Lance Bass again? I know they used Jesse McCartney.:eep: Much to my dismay.

Oh no. I haven't played Chain of Memories, but I think I'll buy that. As for Kindgom Hearts 2, I'll probably just rent it and if it's very easy I won't bother buying it. We shall see. :D

1.) Very much, yes. But it's clearly indicated when you can trigger these moves (And I must say, some of them are freakin' AWESOME!)

2.) Not bad...I can't think of any of the FF characters that remained the same (YuRiPa are voiced by their original actresses which is cool.) For the FF7 characters, I think they used the Advent Children crew which was pretty hit and miss IMO. And Jesse McCartney pulls of Roxas EXCELLENTLY, so don't worry.

3.) Chain of Memories....ergh...you don't HAVE to play it as the game fills in a few of the blanks for you. Collecting the Room Cards can be a pain. I honestly wouldn't blame you for not playing it as it can be pretty aggrivating. The storyline is cool, but as you get later and later the doors get more and more finicky.

FallenAngel411
05-02-2006, 01:58 AM
I'll just nod and agree with what everyone's already said. Easy, but fun, with an engaging plot. And I like being able to fly through the story, rather than get hung up on one tough area after another.

Tavrobel
05-02-2006, 01:59 AM
Jesse Macartney actually does a surprisingly good job of acting in this game. If you liked KHI, then you should definitely at least rent the game. As for buying it, it's up to you. The difficulty isn't all that great (beat it in 28 hours, and touch it for a week after that), even in Proud Mode.

Alot of the Platforming is done away with (both a good and bad thing). The plot is EXCELLENT, even if it plays it like the first. (Fast, slow, REALLY slow, fast, then shoved in your face, then it's the final boss)

Alot of the smaller things will warrant you to have to rent this multiple times, especially after the game is over. Seph, completion of Synthesis, special ending, etc.

Really?! What games do you people usually like?

I'd be lying to you if I told you I liked any of the FFs.

Heartless Soul
05-02-2006, 02:08 AM
The only ''bad'' thing about KH2 is that it doesn't take 80 hours of cameplay to complete. More like 30-40 and possibly 50. Heck, maybe even less. Sometimes, worlds are either long, short, or in between. Not a lot of exploration either. Treasure chests are easy to find. It's basically a hit and miss. KH2 improves some aspects of the first game, but, again, is a hit and miss.

I love the game so much that I'm going to probably import the Japanese verison of it and buy the KH2 Ultimania book. But first, gotta help my parents pay off the $650 cellphone bill before asking them!

Note: Atlantica has been reduced to a mediocre musical world because whiny fans had a very hard time understanding rather simple controls. There for, a huge world with lots or exploration and that you could eaisly get lost in.....Is reduced to two exploration areas...

PontiusPilate
05-02-2006, 02:10 AM
[

Some of my all time favorite games would Shadow of the Colossus (2nd favorite) KH 1(3rd) FF7 (4th)

I honestly reccomend Shadow of the Colossus the most though because of it's incredibly original gameplay and the ending, in my opinion, had more of an emotional impact than KH I or II's endings. And thats saying something