PDA

View Full Version : Naming

Rye
04-28-2006, 04:25 PM
I notice that a ton of people have been flipping out about the new Nintendo Wee (Note: No, I refuse to call it "Wii" except in for the example below) and how it's such a terrible name. I think it's a funny name, because my immature mind thinks of stuff like "Oh, I wanna play with my Wii!" and stuff like that.

But anyways, this got me thinking. People act like they could think up up a much superior name. How good ARE you at naming things?

I'm going to post an image of some product that I found by putting "O" in image search (I wanted to find something randomly), and I want to see you give it the best name ever (in your mind), as if you this was your product and you were going to be putting your money into it. It's not so much a contest as me just being curious to see people naming things and for fun. :) Also, describe it. What are it's functions, how is it TTLY UNIQUE, etc. Because that makes it more fun. There aren't any limits. Don't be boring. :(

Be imaginative and funny, or I'm going to find an image that's really hard to work with. >:o The images will get better if the thread continues. For example, don't just say it's a drink giver, that sucks. Think outside the box~

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/ryessica89/nameitbot.jpg

Start~ :D

---

Also, if you have any images you think that would be good for this, just PM them to me and maybe later if the thread is active for a while, I'll post yours as another round of sorts. I'm looking for images that have the potential to be really funny, and can have lots of different possible names and descriptions to it. :)

And yes, I realise this product already has a name and a website, but pretend that this is something new. Use your imagination, folks.

Raistlin
04-28-2006, 04:27 PM
I am absolutely horrible at naming. :( When naming characters at tGA, it takes me forever.

That being said, even I could come up with someone less lame than "Wii."

And I would name that robot Beer Wench.

DeathKnight
04-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I'd call that robot "The Soother" or "The Healer"

Cid Vicious
04-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I'll just call it MetalMom.

It's not very immaginitive, but what do you expect, i spend most of my time playing video games.

Mo-Nercy
04-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Wii.

No wait...

Zeromus_X
04-28-2006, 04:37 PM
"Batchmaster 2010"

I suck too, but this is still a very intriguing idea, Rye! :cat: :)

Twilight Edge
04-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Roboto Bring-Ya-Drinkas.

Psychotic
04-28-2006, 05:31 PM
I refuse to name the robot, and instead I shall name the fellow on the right. I hereby dub him Hank.

Larahl
04-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I will name it: "Shti'ya".
Shti'ya means in Hebrew, drink.
So I thought to give him this name because the robot serves you can giver you a drink, so giving it this name it also will sound like a name for some person (making this robot more human) when you call the robot over for a drink you call Shti'ya and it sounds like calling a person and so...

It will serve food, drinks (also can open the bottles), and, giving your slippers. :tongue:
And since it's so comfortable you can also check in the robot's system the TV schedule, and, switch channels.
A home schedule robot.

Flying Mullet
04-28-2006, 06:02 PM
"Totally Awesome Robot Guy with a Beer" :yellowkin

edczxcvbnm
04-28-2006, 06:36 PM
I would name that robot

DRUNK-A-TRON

I suck at naming things but Wii just retard as all hell. It might not sound lame in Japan but they obviously did not do any market testing with this name.

NeoCracker
04-28-2006, 06:46 PM
The Holy Beer Bot.
The only Way to get alcohol on sunday.

Anaisa
04-28-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm calling it Alcobot. It may look freindly but it's not. Although it appears to be handing Hank a drink. Hank is actually a well known trouble maker, so Alcobot is going to smash the bottle into his troublesome face. Alcobot is going to work in nightclubs and double as both a waiter and a bouncer. He is programmed with many unoriginal nightclub bouncer phrases like: "Do you want to leave quietly or out the back?" "Calm down or I'll calm you down!" "I'm jus doin me job" "Ya'll right darlin" "Who you callin a wideboy?!"

Madame Adequate
04-28-2006, 07:33 PM
Awesome thread idea =D

I'd call it the ßoozeßot. Note the German characters, sure to emphasise the slightly exotic air and ruthless European efficiency.

Cz
04-28-2006, 07:34 PM
In Spain, it should be marketed as the Serveza. Can't think of a decent English name, though.

EDIT: Screw it, I'm calling it Serveza. :p

Rye
04-28-2006, 07:34 PM
To nudge this in a different point of view, how do you know the robot isn't STEALING the beer? :p

Cz
04-28-2006, 07:35 PM
To nudge this in a different point of view, how do you know the robot isn't STEALING the beer? :pThat spiky plant masterminded the whole thing! :eek:

Flying Mullet
04-28-2006, 07:37 PM
To nudge this in a different point of view, how do you know the robot isn't STEALING the beer? :p
Because no man smiles when his beer is being stolen.

Rye
04-28-2006, 07:38 PM
What if the robot has hypno-rays?

amratis
04-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Short Circuit

Del Murder
04-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Gary.

Flying Mullet
04-28-2006, 07:45 PM
What if the robot has hypno-rays?
Oh, now you're just reaching. :p

Old Manus
04-28-2006, 08:08 PM
The Weiser-Buddy

EDIT: Oh you want me to describe it - It serves you Budweiser on a when-you-need-it basis (always), and it is your buddy. Buddy-Weiser sounds better, but Revolution sounded better than wii. It also has a TV which doubles as microwave

Luther X-Rated
04-28-2006, 08:22 PM
JAR!

Just Another Robot!

Maxico
04-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Awesome thread idea =D

I'd call it the ßoozeßot. Note the German characters, sure to emphasise the slightly exotic air and ruthless European efficiency.

But wouldn't that be pronounced 'ssooze ssot'?

bipper
04-28-2006, 08:23 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/ryessica89/nameitbot.jpg

I have somthing that does the same thing, I call it my wife. I notice this model does not have a mouth - So I think I would call it the 'Perfect Wife'

lol of course
Bipper

mooglebunni608
04-28-2006, 08:29 PM
I don't haave a name.
\But when you have a bottled drink of some sort (BEER :D), and you don't feel like drinking it, it comes and takes it away. It also sings and dances :D

Madame Adequate
04-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Awesome thread idea =D

But wouldn't that be pronounced 'ssooze ssot'?

Well yeah, but how many of us ignorant Englanders know that? :p

faster skating penguin
04-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Would call it Wii.

marc
04-28-2006, 09:24 PM
I would call it Dad.