PDA

View Full Version : Plotholes / Inconsistencies

lady yunalesca
04-28-2006, 06:26 PM
anyone have any idea how kadaj managed to summon using GREEN materia?????

i am not one of those people who juat watches movies to find plot holes, but i wondered if i missed something??

anyone else find any plot holes???????

p.s i thought the movies was awesome!!! (just to clarify that i AM NOT a ffac basher! :) )

LunarWeaver
04-28-2006, 06:44 PM
You know I didn't even notice it, but I there's no argument, it's true... I guess movies get to break rules like these. Plus green is just the best color in town :p The real question is how did Kadaj do anything with his hair style... Sure it looks cool, but doesn't it drive him nuts? How does the man see!

Back on topic now *cough* I guess it was just kinda a thing... Probably because Green Materia is the most common and most used so it's green because people associate Materia with Green, what with the lifestream and all.

Moon Rabbits
04-28-2006, 09:31 PM
The movie had so many holes I confused it with swiss cheese.

Social Moon Firesky
04-28-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm crap at noticing plot holes, unless they're seriously obvious.

The whole 'green summoning Materia' didn't bug me really, although I don't suppose I ever gave it much thought.

Zeromus_X
04-28-2006, 11:28 PM
It's a movie.

Mo-Nercy
04-29-2006, 03:51 AM
The real question is how did Kadaj do anything with his hair style... Sure it looks cool, but doesn't it drive him nuts? How does the man see!
My fringe used to be that long and split similarly. You get used to it. In fact, I got so used to it that I felt wrong when I eventually cut it (though it still comes down below my eyes)

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-29-2006, 07:48 PM
anybody notice kadjas sword going through the floor wen he kneels to rufus

lady yunalesca
04-29-2006, 08:00 PM
ha!! no i didnt!!! *inserts dvd into machine* will have to look for that!!! this could turn me into a crazed plothole finder!!!

edit: i saw it!!! i suppose there must be a few....still looking for more though!!! the action happens so quickly its hard to study it!! (or perhaps i should just get a life) !!! :D

Ezme
04-30-2006, 03:24 PM
When I first saw the materia Kadja uses i thought it was holy for a split second! You know after areis had prayed.

The other thing i thought was a bit weird was that Cait Sith was acctually there! I mean what was the point, he was a robot thing anyway and wasn't Reeve in the northen crater? Or have i got it confused with who was controlling him? Its so long since I played, although I did watch the little FFVII synopsis that comes with it 1st.

TheBrent
04-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I can't understand what the point of Cait Sith being in the movie at all. It's not like Reeve is still trying to hide his identity from the party, they already know who he is.

LunarWeaver
04-30-2006, 05:12 PM
Unfortunately for Reeve, he's useless both in person and while controlling his kitty, but at least the robotic feline keeps him safe.

Amaru
04-30-2006, 05:15 PM
Yeah. Reeves isn't a fighter, that's why he uses Cait Sith.

lady yunalesca
04-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Yeah, I can't understand what the point of Cait Sith being in the movie at all. It's not like Reeve is still trying to hide his identity from the party, they already know who he is.

i think it was just a cameo for the sake of having him in there, just so the whole gang were featured!!

When I first saw the materia Kadja uses i thought it was holy for a split second! You know after areis had prayed.

me too :)

Rhi
04-30-2006, 07:50 PM
i wanna know where Cait Sith's giant moogle went, cause he had it in ff7, but at all times in AC (including the bit with them attacking Spehiroth in the crater) he's riding on Red's back.

Mercen-X
05-01-2006, 11:32 PM
anyone have any idea how kadaj managed to summon using GREEN materia?????

i wondered if i missed something??
There's no point to showing Kadaj insert summon materia into his arm to use it, it's a given. Anyone older than 11 should understand that scenes don't need to include everything that happens in the story. During Kadaj's summon, his arm doesn't glow red, I know, but it doesn't glow green either. It just glows. He uses a Fire spell against Rufus and then the Laser enemy skill against Cloud. Obviously, like Loz and Kadaj, he has multiple materia.

Zeromus_X
05-02-2006, 01:49 AM
Kitten Sith's Mog is probably gone because it would be too much of a hassle to animate it, and he'd take up alot of space or something. Still, he would kick ass with it. And he's there because he's a part of the main team, and it wouldn't be right without it. Feh, Yuffie and Vincent are optional characters, so they'd have to be useless too, right?

I mean, how can you hate a cute, gambling, robotic kitty? You just can't. :cat: :love:

Kain424
05-02-2006, 12:18 PM
I still don't quite understand where Kadaj and his gang actually came from. I mean, what's their story?

Dreddz
05-02-2006, 05:23 PM
heehee, I noticed that too. Didnt bother me, but the rest of the film did.

Ezme
05-02-2006, 06:51 PM
I mean, how can you hate a cute, gambling, robotic kitty? You just can't. :cat: :love:

I hate Cait Sith. Always have always will.

LunarWeaver
05-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Hmm you know I'm not sure you should focus on the color of the materia anyway. The real question is why didn't Tifa just pop it her arm and summon Bahamut before the baddies could?

Though the answer, of course, is because watching her fist fight is simply better.

Logic is such a fun sucker... Logic is the enemy, hide from it.

Amaru
05-02-2006, 08:33 PM
I still don't quite understand where Kadaj and his gang actually came from. I mean, what's their story?

Didn't you watch the film? They are the Remnants (spirits) of Sephiroth himself.

Kain424
05-04-2006, 12:17 PM

Didn't you watch the film? They are the Remnants (spirits) of Sephiroth himself.

1.) When is this mentioned?
2.) How does that even make sense? Wouldn't there be "remnants" of everyone else, too?
3.) Remnants from when? They would be 2 years old if from the North Crater ending... and what, around Marlene's age if from the nibelheim reactor incident?

Certainly, the first time that we know anything of them is from the North crater, but that is neither explained (as far as I've noticed) nor does it mean that the North Crater is where they derive from.

valentine
05-04-2006, 02:09 PM

1.) When is this mentioned?
2.) How does that even make sense? Wouldn't there be "remnants" of everyone else, too?
3.) Remnants from when? They would be 2 years old if from the North Crater ending... and what, around Marlene's age if from the nibelheim reactor incident?

Certainly, the first time that we know anything of them is from the North crater, but that is neither explained (as far as I've noticed) nor does it mean that the North Crater is where they derive from.

1.Didn't you wath the movie:

Vincent: Kadaj is a remnant of Sephiroth, think of him as a sort of larval form.

2.He's freaking Sephiroth, he can do whatever the creators want him to. If you want a better answer. Jenova cells reunite. Sephiroth has far more jenova cells than anyone else, therefore, Sephiroth can use the power of Jenova to his advantage.

He did it before in FFVII. Throughout the majority of the game you were chasing a copy of Sephiroth around. It's nothing new. Only this time the copy of Sephiroth has been split into three entites.

3.So? They don't age like normal people. The Sephiroth copy you follow in FFVII would have only been 5 at the most. It doesn't matter how old they "look"

Happy now? You really shouldn't read in to these thigns so much people. It's Final F-A-N-T-A-S-Y.

DarkLadyNyara
05-05-2006, 09:20 PM
2.He's freaking Sephiroth, he can do whatever the creators want him too.
:p