PDA

View Full Version : Why is FFIX your fave?

Fantasy Fan
04-29-2006, 10:40 PM
Just thinking of a short dumb title to grab attention. But, why, if so, is 9 your fave? (Sorry if thread has already been made) but why is 9 your all time FAVOURITE?

It's my fave for more than one reason (most of these are stupid).

9's my favourite number
I love comedy
My hair like Zidane's
Sarah's my favourite girl name
I love the quotes and phrases at the end
I love the music
I love "Melodies of Life"
It (in a way) touched me. As in, I felt what it was saying
It's adventurous and has many twists and turns
It has references to all other FF's
It's the first one I played

The only thing I hate, was Kuja's dress.

Crossblades
04-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Because of the cool characters, story, and references from other FF games:)

Fantasy Fan
04-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Because of the cool characters, story, and references from other FF games:)

references. Do'h. I forgot the references. You can't beat references and I forgot the references. *adds references to reasons*

daggertrepe
04-30-2006, 12:21 AM
It ain't my fav, but its close. I like ff vii just a bit better. But everything touched me from point 1 to the end. I enjoyed it thoroughly. But I REALLY liked it because of BeatrixxSteiner!!!

LunarWeaver
04-30-2006, 03:17 AM
Because it has moogles that have nothing better to do then wait for you to show up and give them mail. Ah, the sad existence of an NPC, waiting hopefully for the hero to speak to them and take their basement treasure... Or give them Kupo Nuts.

Friends don't let friends become addicted to Kupo Nuts.

Actually, I just thought there were so many great events within a larger scenario sewn so streamlessly together... I couldn't have wrote it.

Darth Cid
04-30-2006, 04:31 AM
9's my favourite number
I love comedy
My hair like Zidane's
I love the music

Zidane: You just covered everything I was going to say. Except the first game part.

Fantasy Fan
04-30-2006, 03:02 PM
9's my favourite number
I love comedy
My hair like Zidane's
I love the music

Zidane: You just covered everything I was going to say.
:chuckle:

Cid Vicious
04-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Because it's the first and only one i've played from start to finish.

I've just started playing FFVII, and so far i think Cloud and Tifa are better than Zidane and Dagger, and Sephiroth pisses on Kuja, but the game's not been as enjoyable as IX was, so far.

The best thing about IX is Quina and Steiner. :quina:

Fantasy Fan
04-30-2006, 06:17 PM

I've just started playing FFVII, and so far i think Cloud and Tifa are better than Zidane and Dagger, and Sephiroth pisses on Kuja, but the game's not been as enjoyable as IX was, so far.

I disagree. 7's all about pain and torture. That nothing can beat Sephiroth. It seems to me that the game can't be beaten so there's no point. 9 on the other made me think what's going to happen next. I usually got it wrong!

Necron
04-30-2006, 08:57 PM
It's not my favourite in the series, but I like it simply because ... *drum roll*

It has Vivi in it; my favourite character of the whole series.

Fantasy Fan
05-01-2006, 03:02 PM
It's not my favourite in the series, but I like it simply because ... *drum roll*

It has Vivi in it; my favourite character of the whole series.

that's fine ;)

ScottNUMBERS
05-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Tetra master, The graphics, The style, The references (Everytime I complete a new Final Fantasy Game I find more and more of them) The tons of sidequests, Chocobo hot and cold, Festival of the hunt, The characters (Yes every single one,) Moogle-style save points, The light-hearted feel, The areas, The cheesy ending, The music, The incredible plot, The ability system, Battle animations, The pure hardness of Ozma, The fact that Ozma can be defeated at level one, Synth shops, Humour, All those abilities to learn and master and everything else I haven't mentioned.

The only thing wrong with this game is that it's way too easy.

This game makes me wish I had amnesia so I could forget I ever played it and have that first playthrough all over again.

Rengori
05-02-2006, 01:29 AM
It's fun, and behind the cute exterior lies a dark and involving story.

pyro psychosis
05-02-2006, 01:39 AM
the characters were memorable/lovable
the sidequests were great
challenging minigames
loved the story
AWESOME villain
to me, it was the funnest to play
pretty much everything everyone has already said

marc
05-02-2006, 02:53 AM
I think I speak for everyone when I say Kuja.
He is just so much better than Septhiroth that it hurts.

eestlinc
05-02-2006, 04:03 AM
the overall aesthetic effect of the graphics and music is stunning. It's well paced and fun.

Twilight Edge
05-02-2006, 11:28 AM
it's the first I ever played and what other reasons are practically covered by everyone who posted before me.

Angel Heart
05-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Because it was the first i played. That's probably not a very good reason, but the game holds so many great memory's. I know it inside out. :)

Quindiana Jones
05-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Because it's better than all the other ones I've played.

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-02-2006, 05:01 PM
FFIX is my favorite FF because it was the first one I played and I love the stroyline. I love every FF but this is the one that's closest to my heart. It introduced me to the FF genre and thus I have gornw to love all FF games thourgh it. Thank you Square Enix formerly known as Squaresoft! My hat is off to you. *salutes*

Fantasy Fan
05-04-2006, 08:46 PM
funny how nearly everyone here said "first one I played".

Darth Cid
05-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Zidane: FFIX wasn't my first, FFIV was, but FFIX is still my fave. :D

Heero Yuy NWZC
05-04-2006, 09:17 PM
Well, I watched my friend play FFVII and FFVIII but FFIX was the first I ever played. It shouldn't really matter anyways.

Ashley Schovitz
05-04-2006, 10:14 PM
It has the best characters except Brahne, and a fantastic feel to it. The story is also good and it was my first. I never quite understood Tetra Master though, somehow I still ended up beating that sailor with a perfect. FFIX is the best no doubt about it. Chocobos hunting for treasure they made chocobos useful in this game unlike the others. Look at Lani I love her, watch her swing her blade.

Rengori
05-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Zidane: FFIX wasn't my first, FFIV was, but FFIX is still my fave. :D
Starting with FFIV is much easier to overcome fandom, unlike VII which was my first. But I did want IX first...

Materia Hunter Yuffie
05-16-2006, 04:01 AM
It is definatly my favorite of the entire FF series!
It was my first Final Fantasy and got me really into the series. I love the music, cute characters and scenes. Finally a happy main hero! (Not that I don't love Cloud or Squall)

DoaJ
05-16-2006, 06:14 AM
Hmmmm...humbug....
Its not my fave, but its in my top 4....(1. FFVIII 2. FFVII 3. FFIX 4 FFVI)
I love it cuz the mogs...and it has the coolest characters of all time - Vivi and Quina. The only other character that comes close to those two is Zell. But Red XIII is better than Quina :P. I also like the improved card game.

boys from the dwarf
05-16-2006, 07:46 AM
great cast of characters with great personalitys (not quite as good as FF8s character personalities but their better than on any game ive seen.). the gameplays good and the storyline has some amazing parts. garland and zidane in the pandemonium is the best aprt in any game ive played. its interesting, well written and it more than deserves to be my favourite game.

NeoCracker
05-16-2006, 09:07 AM
great cast of characters with great personalitys (not quite as good as FF8s character personalities but their better than on any game ive seen.). the gameplays good and the storyline has some amazing parts. garland and zidane in the pandemonium is the best aprt in any game ive played. its interesting, well written and it more than deserves to be my favourite game.
I'll just Pretend you didn't say the bolded part.

Yes, it does have great characters with great personalities. They even had great NPC's like Lowel.

Cid Vicious
05-16-2006, 10:12 AM

I disagree. 7's all about pain and torture. That nothing can beat Sephiroth. It seems to me that the game can't be beaten so there's no point. 9 on the other made me think what's going to happen next. I usually got it wrong!Then you agree.
I said IX is better overall. I just think Cloud, Tifa and Sephiroth are better than their equivalents in IX.
On everything else IX is superior. It's the perfect FF.

Chris
05-16-2006, 01:39 PM
It was simply the perfect game for me. It had everything I loved about adventuring: Noble knights, thiefs, villains, heroes, weirdness and of course a princess. Everything was balanced out nicely. Ever since I first put my hands on it, I've never been tired of playing through it. This is a very rare situation for, I usually tend to play a game and then forget about it. But not with Final Fantasy IX. It is simply the best! There is no game like Final Fantasy IX, IMO.

Quindiana Jones
05-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Same here. Most games: you complete and then get rid of. FF9 survived through my selling of PS2 and buying of XBox *shoots XBox - piece of...* and I must've played right through it at least 5 times. Probably double that, though I don't make a habit of counting the times...

achtungkate
06-05-2006, 07:08 AM
It was the first RPG I ever played entirely on my own and beat. I also saw the story for the first time while watching my brother play it, and I just fell in love. I know it was simplistic, but it was really sweet and the message got to me. Plus, I adored the characters.

And the end captures me everytime. I almost cry because it's so happy! x3