PDA

View Full Version : I dodged 164 bolts and got hit.

LunarWeaver
04-29-2006, 11:36 PM
If I had a temper, this might have sent me into a state of rage. So close... *sigh*

Oh well, just like Wakka, Lulu will have to remain forever imperfect. Blitzball does not float any of my boats and dodging lightning wasn't exactly engaging. I love you anyway Lulu.

Kitase, "you and your crazy whims!"

Zeromus_X
04-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Heh, I've only gotten like 40 in a row myself, so consider yourself lucky. :p :cat:

Just keep trying. That's what I did when I was trying to get the Sun Sigil. Although I don't know if Catcher Chocobo is more frustrating then Lightning Dodger...:cat:

Sain Cai
04-30-2006, 05:27 AM
sucks to be you :D

seriously though, I think I got pretty high and got whomped

IceAngel
04-30-2006, 09:17 AM
I kept saving it after like, I think it was 20. I thought that that helped.

Dell
04-30-2006, 11:11 AM
Don't give up, I got hit when I reach 190!:(

Pause to rest a bit, I use this method, after 25 dodges, pause then continue another 25 dodges then pause and so on.
Catcher Chocobo is more frustating but I get it.:)

Train in Blitzball, even with original Auroch you can still win.

Nifleheim7
04-30-2006, 11:50 AM
I kept saving it after like, I think it was 20. I thought that that helped.

No you can't save in-between the challenge.If you do,then it's back to the beginning.

I remember once i got hit at 176(i'll always remember that:mad2: )
But i'm a masochist,so i started all over again so i finally made it...
There are two "tricks" that really helped me:
1.Dodge 50 then rest for 10 minutes.Then start again.You'll have a clearer mind.
2.Turn off the sound.The music make's it hard to consentrate.

Dell
04-30-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't found the music to be frustrating, I even open it loud. I took me about 30 minute to get it.

Chlis
04-30-2006, 02:04 PM
dumb question - how to get the no encounter thing

Sain Cai
04-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Ghosts in the Cavern of stolen Fayth, and later Wraiths in Omega Dungeon, or Geosagano

IceAngel
04-30-2006, 10:17 PM
No you can't save in-between the challenge.If you do,then it's back to the beginning.

I swear I saved.... Oh well, just ignore the saving part then. I know I got it in the end.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
04-30-2006, 11:56 PM
:choc2: Well just so you know at my third attempt i dodged more than 200 bolts but since i wasn´t counting i just kept jumping, then i saw that loser who calls you a ethan and got my ass kicked by that Dark Aeon Ixion...I didn´t know i had to fight him twice:(

[/IMG]

Markus. D
05-01-2006, 03:16 AM
that image was sure fire random....

ummm, I gave up after getting hit to many times.

I was that ticking and tocking music I am now not a fan of.

Dell
05-01-2006, 08:15 AM
:choc2: Well just so you know at my third attempt i dodged more than 200 bolts but since i wasn´t counting i just kept jumping, then i saw that loser who calls you a ethan and got my ass kicked by that Dark Aeon Ixion...I didn´t know i had to fight him twice:(

You can avoid Dark Ixion, just ignore the man, don't talk to him or you will find yourself in Farplane, but I beat Dark Ixion, he's freaking easy, Dark Ifrit is a lot harder.

ScottNUMBERS
05-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Auto-Phoenix + Masamune = Defeated Dark Ixion with minimal effort.

I reached 200 lightning strikes, even when I had to start over after 30 strikes it would severely piss me off.

tailz
05-01-2006, 06:54 PM
the last time i tried i got to 194

i got tense i hit to early, I thought "crap", and i got hit

I stayed tense the entire evening it was fun

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-01-2006, 08:05 PM
i got 198 n got hit, i wept for several hours . . . no, really!?

if u go into north section from the agency then u-turn to the rite and stay on the path going to the south section (but stay in the north section) the strikes come quite frequently. 2 strike like within a second of each other then there's like 3 seconds before the next 2, that probably the fastest place. u will have to move forward after each dodge tho. u wil NEED no encounters, no doubt about it

btw, i got sun sigil on my 3rd attempt the otha day!!! :D my 1st one i just beat her to get caladbolg, 2nd one i got like 12secs n third i finishd in 36secs with 15 balloons n no birds!!! :D :D :D :D :D i laughed so hard and txted evry1 i know!!!

LunarWeaver
05-01-2006, 08:51 PM
the last time i tried i got to 194

i got tense i hit to early, I thought "crap", and i got hit

I stayed tense the entire evening it was fun

This is what happened to me. Got over 150 and got all tingly then I screwed up. Doesn't Square know that RPG gamers have no rhythm for these things...

I tried it again and got 12... I didn't get hit, I just decided my games shouldn't make me sleepy.

I think I've developed Astrophobia from this hm.

rubah
05-02-2006, 02:33 AM
Rhythm is why you screw up on dodging.

Dell
05-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Well, I think Saturn Sigil is the one who kick my ass, using rubah strategy, I got it, thanks rubah!

Tidus is pretty hard, I'm not sure but press R1, R2, L1, L2 during the races, your chocobo moves is balanced. Weirdly, after I get Sun Sigil, I always get 0.0.0 in the race!

LunarWeaver
05-02-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, I think Saturn Sigil is the one who kick my ass, using rubah strategy, I got it, thanks rubah!

Tidus is pretty hard, I'm not sure but press R1, R2, L1, L2 during the races, your chocobo moves is balanced. Weirdly, after I get Sun Sigil, I always get 0.0.0 in the race!

For some unknown reason I barely had any trouble with all the Chocobo stuff. I guess the Final Fantasy Gods decided to feel sorry for me for all the lightning stress.

Kamrusepas
05-02-2006, 06:41 PM
Oh well, just like Wakka, Lulu will have to remain forever imperfect. Blitzball does not float any of my boats ...

That's why you get a boyfriend who gets easily addicted to blitzball :D

LunarWeaver
05-02-2006, 06:56 PM
Oh well, just like Wakka, Lulu will have to remain forever imperfect. Blitzball does not float any of my boats ...

That's why you get a boyfriend who gets easily addicted to blitzball :D

You're a GENIUS! The answer was so simple all along...

"You know you're addicted to FFX when..." You seduce people just so they will play the game for you! Ahehe :D

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-02-2006, 09:28 PM
Well i would rather have to play the lightning dodge game to get all of the weapons than playing that stupid butterfly game.
I always lose:( Amazing how i don´t touch the red butterfly and still i have to fght beasts

Dell
05-03-2006, 03:48 PM
Well i would rather have to play the lightning dodge game to get all of the weapons than playing that stupid butterfly game.
I always lose:( Amazing how i don´t touch the red butterfly and still i have to fght beasts

You need No Encounter Ability:

1. Customize an armor with 20 Purifying Salt to get this ability.
2. Rare drop from Ghost and Wraith. Found in Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, Inside Sin and Omega Ruins.
3. Drop by Geosgaeno in Baaj Temple.

I get Off-Season for Wakka, Peaceful Shield for Tidus and Devastator for Rikku.

It's really weird: I mean No Encounter are supposed to be in an armor but you get it in weapon after you fight Geosgaeno.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-08-2006, 12:15 AM
And if i do that red butterflies won´t never summon beasts...i guess i should try that then;)

Nick Schovitz
05-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Oh yeah it happened to me my 2nd time around getting Lulu's Sigil, but my 1st time I did it perfect, I accidentally pressed it to early and another time, my hands got itchy and I had to scratch.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
05-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Im currently playing FFVI and with study and all i don´t paly everyday but i´m gonna try that for sure.:D

-N-
05-08-2006, 02:57 AM
Maybe you should suck less! :monster: 300 bolts is only difficult if drunk. Just focus.

Carl the Llama
05-08-2006, 11:53 AM
I found it quite easy i would dodge 10 times pause write it down sip my JD and coke then do another 10, i did it first time. :p

d£v!l'$ ph0£n!x
05-08-2006, 12:15 PM
alcohol . . . the cause, and solutio to, all of life's problems :D

Prancing Mad
05-08-2006, 12:18 PM
I never attempted to get Lulu's since Yuna is a better mage once she learns attack stuff. I didn't get Kimahri's either, 'cause he blows. Everyone else had theirs though. Oh yeah, I also suck at lightning dodging too.

tailz
05-09-2006, 02:31 PM
alcohol . . . the cause, and solutio to, all of life's problems :D

yes it does make you less tense i just didnt have enough of it in my body to get 200

i think im going to try again nect time i got one of my friends over.

Dell
05-09-2006, 04:11 PM
And if i do that red butterflies won´t never summon beasts...i guess i should try that then;)

No, they will still call beasts, but you will not get any battles as long as you avoid them.