PDA

View Full Version : My Sephiroth Strategy (KH2)

Giga Guess
04-30-2006, 07:25 AM
I *just* beat the bugger. Once you know how to do it, he's shockingly easy.
1.) I cannot stress this enough. PLAY CONSERVATIVELY! Heal before rushing in if there's even an INKLING of you being seriously hurt.
2.) Watch for action commands. It's always preceeded by the screen getting dark. This sounds like a no duh thing, but it caught me off guard once or twice, and that attack HURTS!
3.) He's pretty freakin' vulnerable after that attack. For the love of god, take advantage of it.
4.) I dunno what the move is....Horizontal Slash? Whatever it is, I'm sure it was made for this battle.When Sephy launches you, use it when he comes in for attack #2, and you can completely turn the combo around on him.
5.) If he starts rising TAKE! HIM! DOWN! One attack will interrupt this attack, but if he is able to fire it off......biiiiig trouble.
6.) It's important enough to warrant being mentioned twice, basically. Cure, cure, cure. Potions, spells, whatever it takes, keep your health up.
7.) I dunno about Second Chance, but Once More saved my sorry ass a few times. USE IT!

Basically this whole battle is common sense. You still wanna be a high-ish level (I was 79) but in comparison to the first KH's Sephy...? Meh.

Zeromus_X
04-30-2006, 07:31 AM

Well, yeah. :p

During his first form, I just Square combo him when he knocks me into the air. If I land to close to him after the combo, I glide away real quickly from his land combo.

During his second form, I retreat from his combos and use Reflega on his orbs of darkness, and interrupt Heartless Angel.

Whenever he does his supersonic slash, use the blocking reaction command to block, then knock him into the air and do a combo, then retreat.

During his third form, repeat the second form's strategy and glide back and forth when he does the meteor shower attack.

Heal with Elixirs when necessary. But don't be a whimp with Curaga, especially if you don't need it. Save MP for Reflega, that's alot more important, Imo.

Beat him on Normal difficulty at level 61. :cat:

Edit: But I did try over 10 times until I got the attack pattern and my strategy down correctly, so no, it wasn't very easy.

Giga Guess
04-30-2006, 07:50 AM

Well, yeah. :p

During his first form, I just Square combo him when he knocks me into the air. If I land to close to him after the combo, I glide away real quickly from his land combo.

During his second form, I retreat from his combos and use Reflega on his orbs of darkness, and interrupt Heartless Angel.

Whenever he does his supersonic slash, use the blocking reaction command to block, then knock him into the air and do a combo, then retreat.

During his third form, repeat the second form's strategy and glide back and forth when he does the meteor shower attack.

Heal with Elixirs when necessary. But don't be a whimp with Curaga, especially if you don't need it. Save MP for Reflega, that's alot more important, Imo.

Beat him on Normal difficulty at level 61. :cat:

Okay, I'm impressed, but then, I never got the whole reflect thing....I guess it's my FF phobia of the spell...and I don't think I had many Elixers in stock....and on my person just Hi and Mega Potions...:p

Zeromus_X
04-30-2006, 07:53 AM
I never like Reflect in the game either, but I found a major use for it in this battle. Those orbs of darkness really pissed me off after about 5 tries, so I tried using Firaga first. But Reflega has alot of range, and will reflect more if he uses it a second time. It may even hurt Seph himself if he decides to run in and use a combo or something. :cat: What's funny is that it sometimes even wins the battle for me since I seem to spam it when he uses those orbs.

Well, I mostly used Elixirs for MP, but I'm sure any healing item is just fine. :cat:

Rizzice
04-30-2006, 08:13 AM
I just hit him til he had no HP. I used 3 hi potions and a bunch of curagas.

Then again I was level 85 with UW and some of the best gear..but I chose the sword so Once More wasn't available til 85 so I had no choice...

NeoCracker
04-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Elixars are best used immidiatly after his evil slash attack that follows up Heartless Angel, using an Elixar after heartless angel your almost garunteed to get hit with his slash and attacked with a follow up combo.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-30-2006, 03:45 PM
beat him last night, didnt use curaga that much, only 3 or 4 times, i use my mp for trinity, it takes off a whole bar:)

Giga Guess
04-30-2006, 03:51 PM

Then again I was level 85 with UW and some of the best gear..but I chose the sword so Once More wasn't available til 85 so I had no choice...

But I shose the Sword too...Second Chance is the one I wasn't able to get.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
04-30-2006, 04:01 PM

i chose sword, im in lvl 56 and i have once more.....

Tavrobel
04-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Second Chance, which is a completely different ability than Once More, and is gained by level. Under the Sword path, Sora gets it at level 85. At the Defense and the Magic path, you get it before level 50.

Once More: protects 1 hp against combos
Second Chance: protects 1 hp against high damage attacks

Sephiroth IS easy, but how many bosses AREN'T, if you know what you are doing? If I had just known to use the Square button (Aerial Counter), then I would've had him beat awhile ago. And I still didn't use Reflect, as Explosion cleared out the field alot faster than I thought.

It's actually EASIER if you don't walk into battle with all Elixirs, because Berserk can take away up to a bar and a half, and if you're still in the air, and Sephiroth tries to get you again... say goodbye to another bar.

Zeromus_X
04-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Heh, I chose the shield, so I didn't even get Berserk Charge. It's helpful, but a bit overkill Imo.:cat: I did get Second Chance and Once More a bit earlier, but is it that hard to block the supersonic slash attack? :cat:

Tavrobel
05-01-2006, 12:06 AM
It's only hard to block if you are caught in the air while the Reaction is available, and you are about to hit the ground. Otherwise, you should NEVER get hit by it.

Peter_20
05-01-2006, 12:14 AM
W-Summon - Knights of Round x 2.
Enough said. :D

Tavrobel
05-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Kingdom Hearts II.
Not Final Fantasy VII.

Zeromus_X
05-01-2006, 04:23 AM
I'm sure they were being sarcastic. Well, I hope. :cat:

Yeah, I'm totally paranoid and don't go into the air unless necessary. :cat:

Giga Guess
05-01-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm sure they were being sarcastic. Well, I hope. :cat:

Yeah, I'm totally paranoid and don't go into the air unless necessary. :cat:

Only if he puts me up there, or if he starts to do Heartless Angel. Either way, I made him sorry.

Lord Xehanort
05-01-2006, 08:38 PM
I died several times because I didn't have High Jump Level 2... his Heartless Angel was JUST out of reach.
Once I got that, and I stopped being careless about when I used my hi-potions (i had no elixirs, so I used Hi Potion with Item Boost... 80% healing), I FINALLY killed him.

Did anyone else notice those two new wings coming from his crotch? :greenie:

Also, I only used Reflega for one battle: the ungodly evil Hades Paradox Cup Event 49- Leon, Yuffie, Tifa and Cloud vs. Sora (no drive, no party, no summons, no limits). Spamming Reflega saved my sorry butt in that fight.

Skyblade
05-02-2006, 01:02 AM
Also, I only used Reflega for one battle: the ungodly evil Hades Paradox Cup Event 49- Leon, Yuffie, Tifa and Cloud vs. Sora (no drive, no party, no summons, no limits). Spamming Reflega saved my sorry butt in that fight.

Just Glide in a circle around the Room, and use Trinity whenever your MP regens. You may have just Sora, but three uses of Break per use of Trinity will still take them out easily, and it's not like you're on a timer. Try to take out Cloud first, because his Omnislash is the greatest threat to gliding Sora. No one else should come close to harming him.

Zeromus_X
05-02-2006, 01:40 AM
I actually only used the Level 1 Growth abilities, I was too lazy to get them any higher than that. The reach of the keyblade was enough to hit him, and initiate a combo. :cat:

Lord Xehanort
05-05-2006, 12:56 AM

Just Glide in a circle around the Room, and use Trinity whenever your MP regens. You may have just Sora, but three uses of Break per use of Trinity will still take them out easily, and it's not like you're on a timer. Try to take out Cloud first, because his Omnislash is the greatest threat to gliding Sora. No one else should come close to harming him.

Break? Never heard of it... Or HAVE I? *doesn't know*And I never learned Trinity Limit... I tried it and it did just about nothing. So I just spammed Reflega and let Tifa's combo kill herself. Then Yuffie killed herself. Then the other two fell by my hand.

-Red XIII-
05-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Hey, I don't wanna sound stupid but... how DO you even GET to sephiroth in KH2?

ZeZipster
05-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Everytime before I fight him I cast Curaga to waste all my MP and then beat the crap out of him with Berserk Charge after he does that first Action. Usually I get a good bar on him before he disappears. I also change to Final Form before I start the fight. It doesn't do anything for the fight but I like to look nice for the cutscenes. I didn't use Reflega at all.

Also, I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but does it take longer for him to poof away if you start attacking him from behind?

Giga Guess
05-05-2006, 03:48 AM
Hey, I don't wanna sound stupid but... how DO you even GET to sephiroth in KH2?

He's in Radiant Garden (Hollow Bastion's True name) in the Dark Depths....it's the area just after the 1000 Heartless fight.

Yooniece
05-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Sephiroth was definitely easier to beat in KH2. I think I managed to knock him down to 1 1/2 bars at the lowest in KH1.

I couldn't agree more with you Giga Guess. PLAY CONSERVATIVELY! I normally get overconfident and run into battles with my keyblades raging, but Sephiroth's Heartless Angel attack finished me way too many times. I played him at level 72 in Proud mode and got my ass kicked, so I leveled up to 99 and beat him in three tries (which is probably still really sad but hey, I'm not so good at the strategic playing thing). Just be prepared, don't be too headstrong, and consider the reward that awaits you if you win (it's worth it!!!!)

Lord Xehanort
05-05-2006, 07:54 PM
He would've been harder in KHII if they'd have given him some FREAKING DEFENSE!

Giga Guess
05-06-2006, 12:32 AM
I guess they didn't wanna make him TOO* hard for the fact that he's guarding:
a) An item, and
b) A stat boost.