PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't they...

Hoshi-No-Kirby
04-30-2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah, this topic's about why didn't thjey implement something that was earlier
like: The Blue Mage - Damn i love the blue mage, strago and the one in ffv

Or other stuff like training (from tactics ogre)

Or other stuff that you could mention. =]

Ballistix Man
04-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Because the game did'nt need it.

NeoCracker
04-30-2006, 12:18 PM
The best Blue mage didn't come until IX anyway. But one in tactics might have been fun

Octorok
05-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Don't Squires have some sort of "Monster Ability" or something?
I've never used it, but I've always noticed it.

RedCydranth
05-01-2006, 02:01 AM
yeah, but that only allows friendly monsters within 3 squares of the squire to gain an additional ability. If the ymove pout of range it leaves. The squire gains nothing from that skill.

A blue mage would have been cool, but their version of the Blue Mage was the ability to have monsters in the party. It would be too powerful to have a person with the skills of an apanda, Mindflare and chocobos. They decided it was best that if you wanted these abilities, you must raise your own monsters and use them.

dodhungry
05-01-2006, 05:56 AM
Well Reis can also be kinda considered a blue mage with her dragon abilities. But if any different kind of class could have been added I would have loved to been an unholy mage like Kleatan *I think thats his name anyway* DARK HOLY spells :tonberry: for you

Hoshi-No-Kirby
05-01-2006, 09:26 AM
I always loved the blue mage, or moogles, why there was just 1 freekin moogle in FFT (the summon) those damn cute things would make the game more popular ;p

BG-57
05-01-2006, 12:31 PM
There are actually two spells that can be learned from enemies, but under very specific circumstances: Ultima and Zodiac. Granted there's no specific Blue Mage job class per se. I agree it would have been fun, but I didn't miss it too much.

Ragnarok
05-12-2006, 08:54 AM
Tactics was a game unique in itself, while it may be similar to some other games, had it become too similar to other games it would lose some of the uniqueness that makes the game so great. I don't think anything needed to be changed, other than some of the muffed translations.

Crossblades
05-12-2006, 09:06 PM
It didn't bother me that a Blue Mage wasn't inlcuded, but still it would've been nice to have one

...and a Red Mage as well