PDA

View Full Version : [A] Astronomical Adventure

Polnareff
04-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Well, this is actually part of the introductory issue, but the way the whole thing starts out is unusual.

Usually, you introduce the characters by showing some type of back-story. I've chosen for a different route instead *evil laugh*

Basically, I drew this out of boredom.

In the next posts I'll be putting some bios for each character so everyone will know what they are like.

Oh, and sorry about the blurriness of all these pages, too. Turns out Photobucket resized them all, so I had to manually make them bigger with Photoshop, which in effect made each page blurry.

Polnareff
05-02-2006, 12:35 AM
Two more pages. Now it starts getting really weird.

Polnareff
05-04-2006, 10:37 PM
One more page for now.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-04-2006, 11:23 PM
The katakana sound effects look really out of place.

black orb
05-05-2006, 05:48 PM
>>> I wish I could learn to draw all those nice looking jap sound effects (or whatever they are called), since I dont know /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif about japanese I dont know what they mean.. :[

Polnareff
06-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Finally got off my lazy #$@ and retyped the dialogue in Photoshop in the next two pages.

Unfortunately I can't post anymore of this until I go scan some more pages. Hopefully later on this this summer I can buy some pens and ink these pages in or something.

Moon Rabbits
06-06-2006, 03:17 AM
The katakana sound effects look really out of place.

Polnareff
06-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Well, I tried it with English sound effects before and they really didn't look right then so that's why I opted for the Katakana route instead. IMHO, they look a lot better than the other sound effects I had.

Sylvie
06-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Its cool looking... but I'm confused on what the hell is going on?

I don't think the katakana looks that bad...

Rocket Edge
06-07-2006, 01:58 PM
those are really cool

Polnareff
06-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Oh, you meant they look out of place as in they looked bad.

I thought you meant that they looked out of place with the art style.

And what's happening in the comic, basically, it's just introducing some of the characters. It's not really meant to have a plot (the next issue will though). Sorry if that kinda confused some of you guys. :P