PDA

View Full Version : Should there be...?

Elpizo
04-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Should there be some 'new' FF on portable consoles, like PSP or DS?
I mean, sure, we have portable FF (FF I-2 DoS, IV, V and VI advance, soon we'll have FF III DS, and then Crisis Core PSP). But what I mean with new is, well new. Like, we know FF XIII will come out on PS3. Then, why can't they make FF XIV (if there'll be one) for the DS or PSP? Because I'm 99% sure FF XIV (if there'll be one) will be on the PS3 again.

I think it would only be fair if the handheld gamers get some completely new FF stuff for there consoles, too... And yes, you could say Crisis Core is new... But it's just is another part of VII, so that doesn't really count...
Who agrees/disagrees?

Levian
04-30-2006, 02:38 PM
It would be awesome if they made another game with about the same graphics as FFVI. I'd buy it.

Cid Vicious
04-30-2006, 03:35 PM
I Agree. :up:

In a way FFIII is new, i don't think it's ever been realeased in North America or Europe on any console. So the DS kind of has one.

Elpizo
04-30-2006, 03:41 PM
I Agree. :up:

In a way FFIII is new, i don't think it's ever been realeased in North America or Europe on any console. So the DS kind of has one.
But FF III DS is just another remake. Not that I'm not looking forward to it! It's going to be awesome, or at least, I hoep it will be.
But I only think it would be fair if FF XIV or XV would come out for PSP or DS. Istead of always the TV-consoles.

LunarWeaver
04-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Well, I think RPGs have their place on hand-helds but the general idea is pick up and play isnt it. Wouldnt a 60 hour long 10 million dollar RPG extravaganza seem a little out of place on a handheld home.

Elpizo
04-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Well, I think RPGs have their place on hand-helds but the general idea is pick up and play isnt it. Wouldnt a 60 hour long 10 million dollar RPG extravaganza seem a little out of place on a handheld home.
All I'm saying is that it would be nice, because not everybody (like me) can't get there hands on a PSX/PS2/PS3. I luckily have a DS.
It would be very unfair if Square made the newer FF games one-console only. I think they should do a FF game on PS3 (XIII) then one on either DS or PSP, then again one for PS3... That way, everybody will be pleased. And admit it, the newest handhelds have some nice graphic power. :) So it would be possible, no?

LunarWeaver
04-30-2006, 05:03 PM
Oh it's quite possible, and I'm not saying I don't want it. I'd love to have an original hand-held full-on RPG, Yeshua knows the PSP could use one, but... Square has to go with where moolah is I guess, so they are gonna hit up the consoles.

I want to see a Final Fantasy Action-RPG of original plotline. I love Action-rpgs, but they so rarely have actual stories... Kingdom Hearts did a good job, so it proves Square could make one. The FFVII spin-off for the PSP is, but who cares about Zack. I think that would go pretty well on the handhelds...

Another Tactics game would be nice too!

And if Square doesn't want to shill out the dough for a full on Chrono game, hello Chrono Break for the DS!

DeathKnight
04-30-2006, 08:53 PM
No *finishing the game and battery's low* ooh no!

*playing a FF during lunch break, you get distracted by your friends talking to you and a fiend kills you*

Besides, it's dumb if you ask me.

Elpizo
05-01-2006, 10:49 AM
No *finishing the game and battery's low* ooh no!

*playing a FF during lunch break, you get distracted by your friends talking to you and a fiend kills you*

Besides, it's dumb if you ask me.
So? Finishing the game on your PS3 and you suddenly need to leave because a friend needs help with his homework, for example. It's the same. So no, it's not dumb.
And saying such things, not allowing portable gamers to have completely (not ports, not remakes) FF games is quite selfish.

Duncan1234
05-01-2006, 12:22 PM
I do think SE should release new games on the Hand Helds or even other consoles. But these releases should not be the main series (EG Final Fantasy XIV, XIII, XV). They should be released with their own special names, just as crystal chronicles was.

The "main series" should be kept to the Sony Series of consoles, i beleive the made a mistake naming Final Fantasy XI, they shouldve just called it online if you ask me. They should stick to what their best at with the main numbered series, and give their differing games different names.

Elpizo
05-01-2006, 01:12 PM
I do think SE should release new games on the Hand Helds or even other consoles. But these releases should not be the main series (EG Final Fantasy XIV, XIII, XV). They should be released with their own special names, just as crystal chronicles was.

The "main series" should be kept to the Sony Series of consoles, i beleive the made a mistake making Final Fantasy XI, they shouldve just called it online if you ask me. They should stick to what their best at with the main numbered series, and give their differing games different names.
But originally, the series was on the Nintendo.
Why can't wa, teh handheld gamers get a new adition to teh main series? Wh ydoes it always need to be a spin-off, or a game not part of the main series? Everybody acts liek that would be the end of teh world, if a part of teh main series isn't on a sony console. Shees, PSP is a Sony console, too.

XI was no mistake. It was a good thing, even though I never played it. It was good because SE showed that they cared about none Sony-gamers, too.

Duncan1234
05-01-2006, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=ElpizoBut originally, the series was on the Nintendo.
[/QUOTE]

Was it, ive never read this anywhere so ive never looked into it. Explain please, im always looking to learn a little more.

Elpizo
05-01-2006, 01:57 PM
Was it, ive never read this anywhere so ive never looked into it. Explain please, im always looking to learn a little more.
If I'm not mistaken, Final Fantas I, II and III were NES games, a Nintendo console. And Final Fantasy IV, V and VI where games for the SNES, also a Nintendo console. So yeah, originally, the series belonged to Nintendo.

It was just, when the ymade FF VII, teh game was wat too big to be palced upon a cartridge, so SE decided to make the game on SOny Playstation instead, because CD-roms have much more storage capacity. (Or something like that.)

Snap Jumper
05-01-2006, 02:06 PM
If you think 11 was a mistake, then just think of X-2 as Final Fatasy XI. Anyway, I think the series should stay on consoles. The handhelds just have tiny screens that are hard to see, and besides, where would you play it? At school where you could socialize instead? While you're driving? At work so the bosses can yell at you? At home where the console is? I just think handhelds should be more for quick plays. The only true solution would be to release new games for both types of systems.

Elpizo
05-01-2006, 02:56 PM
If you think 11 was a mistake, then just think of X-2 as Final Fatasy XI. Anyway, I think the series should stay on consoles. The handhelds just have tiny screens that are hard to see, and besides, where would you play it? At school where you could socialize instead? While you're driving? At work so the bosses can yell at you? At home where the console is? I just think handhelds should be more for quick plays. The only true solution would be to release new games for both types of systems.
Ahem, there are a lot of people (like me) who CAN'T get a console at home. So what do we do? We buy a Handheld to play at home. Or play whiel we're supposed to be sleeping :p
And it's obvious you have a console (correct me if I'm wrong). So that means, we have a console, those who can't get one, too bad for them, as long we can play godo games? SE, just ditch all the ports and remakes with those Handheld gamers, but don't give them good new stuff! We console gamers are the only ones to get that!

Crossblades
05-01-2006, 03:07 PM
there is another new FFCC game coming out for the DS

Elpizo
05-01-2006, 04:31 PM
there is another new FFCC game coming out for the DS
True, but CC isn't a part of the main series.

LunarWeaver
05-01-2006, 07:00 PM
No console in your home? Isn't the PSP 200 dollars? Ps2s are only 130.

Sony already announced plans for a PSP2, maybe it will explode with graphical prowess that will leave us no choice but to play all RPGs on it. :tonberry:

Elpizo
05-01-2006, 07:24 PM
No console in your home? Isn't the PSP 200 dollars? Ps2s are only 130.

Sony already announced plans for a PSP2, maybe it will explode with graphical prowess that will leave us no choice but to play all RPGs on it. :tonberry:
Ahem, the PS2 costs 150 euros here in BElgium, and seeming that 1 euro is more than 1 dolalr, the PS2 is quiet expensive. Even so, the money is no problem, I'm just not allowed to get one. I am lucky to have a PSX emulator on my PC, so I could play IX, and even so, it took me quite a while before everything works...

But I'm getting off-topic. Seriously, woudl it be so hard for SE to develop FF XIV or XV on teh DS or PSP? They don't need to think about one audience only...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
05-01-2006, 07:51 PM
The games in the main series are always expected to take advantage of the most advanced technology at the time of their development, which automatically rules out putting them on handhelds. Furthermore, a large television screen does much more for immersion and the cinematic style of the series than the relatively small screen of a handheld.

Elpizo
05-01-2006, 08:09 PM
The games in the main series are always expected to take advantage of the most advanced technology at the time of their development, which automatically rules out putting them on handhelds. Furthermore, a large television screen does much more for immersion and the cinematic style of the series than the relatively small screen of a handheld.
I can see your point, but it's still not fair for handheld gamers. :(

DeathKnight
05-02-2006, 12:21 AM

The "main series" should be kept to the Sony Series of consoles, i beleive the made a mistake naming Final Fantasy XI, they shouldve just called it online if you ask me. They should stick to what their best at with the main numbered series, and give their differing games different names.

My thoughtst exactly

DJZen
05-02-2006, 01:28 AM
I don't especially think that the series should switch to putting new main series releases on handhelds, but only because I see no reason to do it (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). However, they should put a little more effort into making entirely new side series for the DS and/or PSP. That'd be keen.

Elpizo
05-02-2006, 06:50 AM
I don't especially think that the series should switch to putting new main series releases on handhelds, but only because I see no reason to do it (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). However, they should put a little more effort into making entirely new side series for the DS and/or PSP. That'd be keen.
Well, I would already be happy with that.
And I don't say the main series should move to handhelds, just one part of the main series (or two) on a handheld, what can it hurt?

DJZen
05-02-2006, 07:09 AM
Sales

Elpizo
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
Sales
Don't think so. I bet quiet some handheld gamers who are FF fans would do everything to get the game.
And also, it doesn't sound right. Why didn't they remake FF III on PS3? It would have looked much better, more people would buy it and other blablabla sale stuff.

DJZen
05-03-2006, 04:15 AM
*sigh*

Okay, you're now criticizing what you're advocating. That doesn't make sense. That aside...

1) The fact that FF fans are complaining about how FFIII is coming out on a handheld speaks to the popularity of this idea.

2) It came out on DS because it was never released for WSC or GBA. By the time SE had the time to work on a remake again, the DS seemed like an interesting choice. It's entirely possible that this will eventually make it to some console eventually.

Elpizo
05-03-2006, 06:48 AM
*sigh*

Okay, you're now criticizing what you're advocating. That doesn't make sense. That aside...

1) The fact that FF fans are complaining about how FFIII is coming out on a handheld speaks to the popularity of this idea.

2) It came out on DS because it was never released for WSC or GBA. By the time SE had the time to work on a remake again, the DS seemed like an interesting choice. It's entirely possible that this will eventually make it to some console eventually.
Bringing one part of the main series to a handheld is also an interesting choice. I think it would make quite some people without consoles happy, and than SE wouldn't have to complain about sales.

NeoCracker
05-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Thats why he's our local FF Expert. New FF's in the main series try to take the most advantage of cinnamatic power to visually impress. There is no way a game like Ff XII would look as cool on the DS or PSP. As for putting FFIII on DS rather than a consol, it was an older game and there's been this "Port old Games to handhelds" trend going on. They just decided in this case to vamp up the graphics to see if it would work out better. If it does Id expect more NES or SNES remakes for DS and future handhelds, but not completely new FF's.

Elpizo
05-03-2006, 12:10 PM
Thats why he's our local FF Expert. New FF's in the main series try to take the most advantage of cinnamatic power to visually impress. There is no way a game like Ff XII would look as cool on the DS or PSP. As for putting FFIII on DS rather than a consol, it was an older game and there's been this "Port old Games to handhelds" trend going on. They just decided in this case to vamp up the graphics to see if it would work out better. If it does Id expect more NES or SNES remakes for DS and future handhelds, but not completely new FF's.
Which is just unfair. But I was hoping to hear some other handheld gamers who don't own a console here... Oh well, don't bother. It's just unfair. :rolleyes2

DJZen
05-04-2006, 01:13 AM
Bringing one part of the main series to a handheld is also an interesting choice. I think it would make quite some people without consoles happy

Really? All 3 of them?