PDA

View Full Version : Looks amazing!

BlackWaltz
04-30-2006, 02:28 PM
Got Play magazine today and includes a long video of FFXII and i have to say - wow. It looks really great, its look and feel to the world is like FFIX with a touch of FFX and the artwork is identical to Vagrant Story. The gameplay is almost identical to FFXI which i have played and loved. Cant wait to play this at the end of the year, but for now im gonna replay the first 10 :D

LunarWeaver
04-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Yes, when I first saw it long ago I thought it looked mostly like X, which is good enough since X is still beautiful even today... But now I've seen more videos and yeesh Ps2 is pushed to the extreme for this sucker. No wonder it took them 2 decades to make.

BlackWaltz
04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
ye apperently the textures aint as good as X-2 but its a new kind which apparently makes the switch from video to fmv seemless. Instead of like X where everything just looked completly different from gameplay to fmv

Ballistix Man
04-30-2006, 03:41 PM
The ingame graphics arent very good and this game isnt even on a 16:9 scale

LunarWeaver
04-30-2006, 03:44 PM
The ingame graphics arent very good and this game isnt even on a 16:9 scale

You dislike the in game graphics? Hmm, I thought they were really good myself. I saw some bombs and was all in awe over the lighting effects. I think the character models are nicely done too, I saw Vaan poking everyone with a spear and thought it all looked very fluid and snazzy.

Ballistix Man
04-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Hmm I saw a few screen shots in which this game looked lika collage.

LunarWeaver
04-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Hmm I saw a few screen shots in which this game looked lika collage.

Oy, when I first saw pictures of the game I was underwhelmed too. It wasn't until I saw it in motion for the first time I started to get jazzed up about the graphics of the game. I mean previews SAY it's beautiful but I'd look at pictures and be like, "yeah, good but not great." But they tell the truth

BlackWaltz
04-30-2006, 03:58 PM
I think the in game graphics look wicked, ye sure they dont look polished but they have a rough textured look which looks kool, i remember IX was the same when it was released and i thought that looked amazing. Lets not forget IX was realeased just after the ps2 was released just like XII will be released just after the ps3. They push the consoles to the limit before moving onto the next generation

scooby
04-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Well, I think that the in-game graphics are some of the best I've ever seen - if not the best. Particularly the character animations: amazingly fluid and life-like. The facial expressions have to be seen to be believed. Personally, I think that the in-game cutscenes look better, and are more entertaining to watch, than the FMVs.

Here are links to a few in-game cutscenes (for those who don't mind SPOILERS): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkSWq2BNS6o&search=final%20fantasy%20XII (loooooong but magnificent video of in-game cutscenes - interspersed with FMVs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Femnv_z00&search=final%20fantasy%20XII (another looooong compilation video of random cutscenes; the first scene is especially involving, and completely disproves the claims that there are no character interactions in the game)

LunarWeaver
04-30-2006, 04:51 PM
Word on the street is the FMV are the exception and not the rule, so I guess if they don't tickle your fancy you're in luck. I suppose with XII, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, and all other of Square's million E3 games the CG Team is pretty stretched!

I agree, the facial expressions of this one are great. Square has really got a handle on how to function the ps2...So sad we're already moving on. I'd prefer to get many Ps2 generation Final Fantasy games then a grand total of 1 (plus cheap spin-off) for the next gen, but I'm just...like that.

BlackWaltz
04-30-2006, 05:06 PM
Ye tbh im not even ready to move on. These are the best times of a console, the final years, its when developers know exactly what they are doing and push the hardware to the max, i mean if you compare todays best ps2 games with what was released on the launch year its laughable. Wouldnt mind another 2 FF games on the ps2 (not spin offs) but thats never going to happen, i bet its gonna be a long ass wait for a next generation FFXIII

Yooniece
05-05-2006, 08:32 PM
I just started my import a week ago. It's good... but I'm lacking some of the magic required to get me really into this game. >=(

FallenAngel411
05-05-2006, 08:41 PM
The ingame graphics on the demo were pretty awe-inspiring to me. All the characters look appropriately life-life and androgynous. Actually that part got a little creepy after a while...

boys from the dwarf
05-06-2006, 08:52 AM
i like the graphics. their better than in other FFs and should make the game look realy good.

Markus. D
05-07-2006, 08:40 AM
I just started my import a week ago. It's good... but I'm lacking some of the magic required to get me really into this game. >=(

Hi Yooniece :D

I like the artistic flare in this game, it should be very awe, very awe ;)

ekinserge
05-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Well, I think that the in-game graphics are some of the best I've ever seen - if not the best. Particularly the character animations: amazingly fluid and life-like. The facial expressions have to be seen to be believed. Personally, I think that the in-game cutscenes look better, and are more entertaining to watch, than the FMVs.

Here are links to a few in-game cutscenes (for those who don't mind SPOILERS): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkSWq2BNS6o&search=final%20fantasy%20XII (loooooong but magnificent video of in-game cutscenes - interspersed with FMVs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Femnv_z00&search=final%20fantasy%20XII (another looooong compilation video of random cutscenes; the first scene is especially involving, and completely disproves the claims that there are no character interactions in the game)
thanks a lot...that's really cool...i can't wait to play...i don't care about any spoilers...spoilers is cool too...

Serapy
05-24-2006, 09:01 PM
If this game was for PS3 only, then it would be more awesome, thus much better graphics.

Rostum
05-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Graphics aren't everything...

boys from the dwarf
05-25-2006, 08:25 PM
that is definetly true but it good not to underrate graphics. their not the most important thing but they do make the game very good. gameplay and storyline (mainly storyline.) are the most important points. i disagree with serapy. i think the graphics are near perfect already. if you watch a trailer i think youll find the graphics are excellent.

Sephex
05-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Yeah, I was pretty happy to see that they have it a perfect 10. I keep on hearing morea nd more great things about FFXII. Maybe edczxcvbnm's prophecy was right!