PDA

View Full Version : Chocobo Feeding

BlackWaltz
04-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Okay seriously, im trying to breed for a gold chocobo and am currently feeding the 4 yellow's i have before racing them to S-class, and OMFG how tedious is it!!!? im sitting there spending thousands after thousands on greens (oh and not to mention no more than 99 a time ppl!) and then feeding them and their bloody stats still not maxed! i swear i almost fell asleep and had to turn the game off. I mean i really want a gold choc and i suppose i got to do this but did nobody else get bored? is there an easier way that more expensive or something!?

Levian
04-30-2006, 06:32 PM
You don't need them to have the highest class or the highest stats, you'll just have a higher chance of getting the gold chocobo if you do. I usually just race them to A-class.

TheSpoonyBard
04-30-2006, 06:38 PM
You can use the W-Item materia to duplicate the greens. That'll save you a lot of money. 80-99 Sylkis Greens should suffice for each chocobo. Also, you don't need to race a single chocobo to get a gold chocobo, but having a higher rank does increase the chances of getting the colour you want.

lady yunalesca
04-30-2006, 06:40 PM
yep!! feeding them only makes it easier for you!! i only race them to a class aswell.

however if you raise all your chocs stats to max, and you race them up as far as you can (with the direct parents of the gold choc its best to race them to s class) your gold choc will have higher stats! and win more races in s class......hence you win more gp and get better items!!

when i did that my gold choc had higher stats than before, and higher stats than the one you get from the kalm traveller

BlackWaltz
05-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Where do i get the W-item materia?? i dont have it

TheSpoonyBard
05-01-2006, 07:12 PM
It's in Midgar, underneath Sector 8. You'll go there at the end of disc 2. If you're already on disc 3 you can dig it up at Bone Village. Use this site (http://www.thebrink.us/ffvii/bonevillage.html) for reference.

BlackWaltz
05-01-2006, 07:16 PM
ah im not there yet, im at mideel, wanted to get a gold chocobo now since this is the first time that ive had the airship to go anywhere

TheSpoonyBard
05-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Okay. A more specific description of where W-Item is after you've challenged the Turks in the underground passage, head south for several screens. There are a few chests to pick up along the way. Eventually you'll come to a dead end with a save point and the W-Item materia laying on the ground. Once you've picked it up head all the way back to where you confronted the Turks, then continue northwards.

BlackWaltz
05-01-2006, 07:27 PM
Okay thanks, do you suggest i get disc 3 before breeding a gold chocobo or do it where i am now?

TheSpoonyBard
05-01-2006, 07:35 PM
If you've got W-Item you need only puchase one Sylkis Green. You can duplicate as many as you want for free from then on. Doing it on disc 3 will be much cheaper, but you can do it on disc 2 if you really want.

BlackWaltz
05-01-2006, 07:41 PM
But to get the W-item materia you have to go back to midgar at the end of disc 2 right? and then stright after that i thought it was disc 3?

TheSpoonyBard
05-01-2006, 07:44 PM
Yes, that is correct. I meant that you coul breed a gold chocobo on disc 2 and pay for your greens, or do it on disc 3 and use the W-Item materia.

BlackWaltz
05-01-2006, 07:54 PM
ye, suppose its best to wait till disc 3 then, thanks man :D

ScottNUMBERS
05-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Reciepe for endless gil

Ingredients

W-item materia
A triple growth weapon
Transport to North Crater
Some all materias
Elixir

Use the W-item to duplicate Elixir (somehow I know it's possible) many times. Equip as many all materia into the triple growth weapon as you can. Go and fight magic pots in the North Crater, give them an Elixir and you will be showered with AP. Fight another one and do the same. Once the all materia are fully mastered take them to a shop and sell them for 1400000. No, that isn't a typo, I said One million four hundred thousand gil!

Now buying greens won't be much of a problem at all.

Rhi
05-01-2006, 08:19 PM
If you've got W-Item you need only puchase one Sylkis Green. You can duplicate as many as you want for free from then on. Doing it on disc 3 will be much cheaper, but you can do it on disc 2 if you really want.
actually, you need AT LEAST 2 of the item, so you need to buy at least 2:D

TheSpoonyBard
05-01-2006, 08:22 PM
You don't need 2 of the item, try it yourself. Select any item, then the one you want to duplicate. Alternate between O and X and the second item will increase in number.

eestlinc
05-02-2006, 03:41 AM
if you just sell a mastered All materia you will have plenty of money for greens.

lady yunalesca
05-02-2006, 11:35 AM
if you just sell a mastered All materia you will have plenty of money for greens.

thats what i do!!! its much easier !! :)

BlackWaltz
05-02-2006, 04:53 PM
The money isnt the prob, its jus the bloody buying them, i mean can only get 99 at a time, and the greens i want are from the chocobo sage and tht means back n fourth to the stables, so ye the w-item materia will rock

Rhi
05-02-2006, 05:11 PM
You don't need 2 of the item, try it yourself. Select any item, then the one you want to duplicate. Alternate between O and X and the second item will increase in number.
good point. but i tend to just get 2 and use them, but i never thought of using a different item and then duplicating the one:)

Vivisteiner
05-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Money should be no problem. I sold two mastered all materia.

Then I fed a great and good chocbo 70 sylkis greens each, maxing them out. Raced them to A class and mated them twice. I then fed the resulting blue and green chocobos 30 sylkis each, maxing them out. I Then raced them two A class blue and green chocobos and mated them. I got a black chocobo. I then maxed out my new black chocobo with 30 sylkis and got him to S class. I mated black with a wonderful A class chocobo fed with 70 sylkis and got a gold chocobo. I did that all in a day.

You only need 300 sylkis greens, which can be covered by 2 mastered all materia. Or if you have W-item use that if you want.

BlackWaltz
05-03-2006, 04:38 PM
i now have the w-item materia, how do you duplicate the items? like sykiss greens

TheSpoonyBard
05-03-2006, 04:44 PM
First you must have at least one of the item you wish to duplicate and another useable item.
Select W-Item, select any item and confirm its use on a target.
Select the item you wish to duplicate (so the arrows appear for target selection), then press Cancel (default is X).
Continue alternating between O and X until you have the desired amount of the item.

BlackWaltz
05-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Is that in battle?

TheSpoonyBard
05-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Yes. You can't use any materia other than Magic out of battle.