PDA

View Full Version : I really need some help, BAD

cloud_doll
04-30-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm near the end of disk 3 (trying to get Odin) and my people (except squall) still hit under 100! i dont know if it's their levels (which are in the twenties and thirtes) or their junctions, but I think that might be it, cuz i thought i understood junction, but i obviously dont! please help!

rubah
04-30-2006, 07:30 PM
Do you have a lot of refine abilities learn? If so, go through your items and refine some magic.

Do you have diablos's Encounter none? If so, equip it and go to the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell and run around hitting X looking for draw points.

Levian
04-30-2006, 07:54 PM
The problem is the junctions, not the levels. You need to draw a lot of powerful magic that you can junction to your characters stats. Equipping lots of strong magic to your characters strength makes your strength go sky high. So do what rubah said to get some decent magics. Levels doesn't matter at all in this game. The higher level you have, the harder are the enemies. So it's actually better to stay at a low level. You'll still need the AP though.

cloud_doll
04-30-2006, 09:00 PM
ok...how do i get diablos encounter none? i dont know what that is, or how to equip it!

man, it really is amazing how i got through most of the game without knowing a lot of things!

ThePheonix
04-30-2006, 09:09 PM
It's all in the junctioning; you need to get your GFs to learn str+ % abilities and remodeling weapons also gives a noticeable boost in strength; I killed Ifrit in the fire cave in one hit doing about 1000 something damage and had the Punishment by then, and at lvl. 30 or so with squall did over 7000 damage to the XATM-092 and it was all because I got the Card Mod ability with Quizacotel abn played cards for like 10 hours, refining items from the cards and then Magic from Items.

The best way to get your GF's to lear abilities is to got to the Cactuar Island and fight cactuars.

But at you stage in the game, you have easier access to all the magic, so you should do what Rubah soaid and ge the magic from the two islands, and also drawing ultima from the shumi vilage for 5000 gil is a good idea unless you're terribly short on gil. Go throught the items you have and try to mod any powerful magic you can spare, and try to junction whatever adds most to strength to str. Another thing you should do is either get Bahamut and junction the Str+ 60% ability and/or get Zell's card and mod it into hyper wrists, and have some GF's learn Str+ 60%.

If you want to level your characters, however, get Cactuar first, otherwise it's going to do a lot less than you expect; get Cactuar (with junctioned caracters), junction all the bonus abilities, and then you can go to Island Closest to Hell and use degenerator with Quistis on anything you see. Normal death will only work on: T-Rexaurs (high chance), Blue Dragons (not verry high chance), and Grendels (lower chance that T-Rexaurs).

I did level my characters to 100 and have Rinoa with 255 of several stats and max health; the Ruby Dragon's breath attack (which tends to kill characters with less that 255 vitality or spirit but 9999 HP) does only 400 or 200 damage. and her meteor does about 7000~8000 damage per meteor with Angel Wing.

Enc-none is a GF ability that Diablos leans after learning Enc-half, you junction it just like any other GF ability. (it's the section under where you junction command abilities)

Jessweeee♪
05-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Go to cactaur Island, learn a lot of refining abilities and Enc-None
Equip Enc-None and go to Island Closest to Heaven/Hell and draw a lot of awesome magic. The drawpoints refill quickly, so you can just keep flying back and forth.

And you can get all sorts of good magic from refining. Check the ultimate junction thread for good places to junction magic. Refine Diablos's card for 100 black holes, which refine into 20 demis each, sacred (or the other one maybe) for 100 dino bones and turn those into Quakes, and Odins card for dead spirits for deaths (or you can use chef's knife, aquired from tonberries)
Good as new hopefully!

crazybayman
05-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Take the time to draw 100 of each magic from every monster you fight. You'll find Jelleyes on the centra continent, you may be able to draw Firaga, Blizzaga and Thundaga from them. If not, you can draw Fira, Blizzara and thundara from them, which you can turn to Firaga, Bizzaga and thundaga if you have high-mag ability (10 Fira's can be refined into 1 Firaga, and so on).

Go back to the Timber and Galbadia areas, and draw 100 of confusion, sleep and blind.

Just draw, draw, draw until you have 100 of each and then junction them to your stats.

As well, refine items and cards like a son-of-a-%#$@* to get your high level magic.