PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue

Dreddz
04-30-2006, 11:02 PM
I have found a new love. I have been pretty late with these things, I just got Shenmue a week and a bit ago, and just beat it today. I feel so bad for missing out on this gem back when it came out. Im gonna buy Shenmue II off eBay tomorrow, I must get it. All other games are on hold.
I just hope Shenmue III comes out for the PS3 as well as the Xbox 360, if i was ever going to buy a 360, Shenmue III could push me far enough.

~SapphireStar~
04-30-2006, 11:16 PM
I loved that series, specially the changing weather! At the time I played it I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread! I tried to buy them both off Ebay to relive my childhood, but they both got very pricey, so I had to let my dream slip.

Dreddz
04-30-2006, 11:27 PM
I got shenmue for £12. Shenmue 2 is pretty cheap for the Xbox, but the DC version which I need is very pricey.

~SapphireStar~
04-30-2006, 11:45 PM
but the DC version which I need is very pricey.
That was the version I was after.

LunarWeaver
05-01-2006, 12:16 AM
I have Shenmue and found it generally engaging enough... But I heard it was never going to be finished and lost interest.

I need a copy of FFVII... Wonder if I could trade my Dreamcast Shenmue for a copy of it :eep:

Maxico
05-01-2006, 12:57 AM
You should really keep on going with it. Considering the fact that Shenmue 2 is awesome (and considerably longer than the first game) and that Shenmue 3 may well be in the works for the next gen consoles (http://games.kikizo.com/news/200508/141_p1.asp).

But yeah, Shenmue is just one of the greatest series of games ever made.

and co-incidently I just switched back to an old avatar that comes from Shenmue, before this thread.

DeathKnight
05-01-2006, 01:20 AM
I have found a new love. I have been pretty late with these things, I just got Shenmue a week and a bit ago, and just beat it today. I feel so bad for missing out on this gem back when it came out. Im gonna buy Shenmue II off eBay tomorrow, I must get it. All other games are on hold.
I just hope Shenmue III comes out for the PS3 as well as the Xbox 360, if i was ever going to buy a 360, Shenmue III could push me far enough.

I know how you feel my friend....this game just brings me to tears..........it's such a great game and I really wanted to see more sequels for it for the PS2 specially. But now they should be done in Wii, it'll just sell more for it.:tonberry: SPECIALLY with the controller.

I heard Shenmue 2 sucked though (I blame it on the xbox)

Dreddz
05-01-2006, 02:28 AM
I just won a copy of shenmue 2 tonight, should be coming on Tuesday. Cant wait.

Markus. D
05-01-2006, 03:13 AM
I wish I had an XBox to play games like that.

LunarWeaver
05-01-2006, 04:23 AM
Congrats!! :jess:

If you enjoy Shenmue, you should give Sega's Yakuza a look. I think it comes out over here this year maybe. Looks like the spiritual successor to all Shenmue stood for, just a lil' darker I guess. Besides Sega spent like a billion dollars on the sucker, so it can't hurt to give it a peek.

~SapphireStar~
05-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah congrats dude. The first one is the best though IMO, but well done!